Purple Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
TCD

Post by TCD »

....I kinda like it. Orange spots are ignorable, and the shade of purple is pretty. Maybe Wymszee should be this color.
strange_infatuation

Post by strange_infatuation »

It's purple, and it's an Ogrin. That means I pretty much hate it automatically. =/
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

It'd be perfect if it didn't have herpes.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Whikey

Post by Whikey »

I like the shades of purple on the body, and the orange spots aren't as unsightly as on other pets.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

First thing I said when I saw the title of this thread was 'Eww, bet that's ugly.' It's not quite as bad as I thought as I was seeing in my head bright orange moehawks of fur on the head and tail, but still, orange eyes and those freckles are bad enough. Least they're not putrid shades of purple and orange. Bad, but still not as bad as it could be for a diseased pet.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Scimthary

Post by Scimthary »

Could've been worst albeit it's already rather bad. I want to see some Ogrin redraws!

ps: the purple shade is nice, but it's boring.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

That purple they used is really beautiful! But I have to say, if they insist on using orange on purple pets, make it subtle like the eyrie and quiggle. Both pets have the dreaded orange, but it's kept to a minimum. But yeah, this color would be great if it wasn't for the spots.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

I do like the shade of purple they chose- it kind of makes me think of grape jelly. It's not the travesty it could have been, and doesn't make me shudder as much as I'd expected, which I'm glad for. It seems to be something nice and mediocre that I can proceed to completely ignore, which is about as much as I could hope for on an Ogrin colourfill. :)
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Eh. I suppose it's good for an Ogrin colorfill. I might even go so far as to say if my lab pet on my main account would LIKE TO CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT SPECIES, PLEASE DO, but if it's going to stay an Ogrin, this might not burn my eyes so badly for a while.

At least the freckles are at a minimum. And orange eyes? o_O; But, yes, nice shade of purple, at least.
<3
tupajumikka

Post by tupajumikka »

I actually like Ogrins pretty much! This purple is nice colour.. but nothing really new :?

Can't wait grey colour and darigan!
Kyogress

Post by Kyogress »

I very much like this - the shade of purple, the small amount of spots, the species in general - and thankfully, they didn't add orange stripes like I thought they would. ^^ I like orange spots on pets, unlike most.
Anyway, it's superb, in my opinion. Other than that, I don't have much to say.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I think it's a fairly nice shade of purple, and I rather like the shade used on the ruff/mane/tufts. The orange spots, expected but yuck, though like some of you have said at least it's fairly minimal.

But WHY must they ALWAYS announce a color they haven't actually released!? That's a really bad habit they have.

EDIT: FINALLY, a week later, they release it. Ah well,perhaps they'll eventually start realizing it doesn't always get done when they SAY it is.