Mutant Zafara

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I remember that...

Just in case anyone's curious, this was my version... drawn all the way back in 2003 O.o

http://www.deviantart.com/view/3935501/

I like green better. :P Though my version doesn't look too terribly unlike the real thing...
Matt

Post by Matt »

sterlinglyons wrote:Well... It looks rather like a Darigan Pet that has been tamed and had its real ears replaced by Plushie-style socks.
My thoughts in your words. Exactly.
Riss

Post by Riss »

As Seerow said, the art looks... outdated. Almost like they drew this a long time ago and only just now released it. I really don't like it. They could have done much better.
"Love is the fire of life, it either consumes or purifies."
Umbreonmog

Post by Umbreonmog »

I'm underwhelmed. The concept is pretty lame and the art does look outdated. It doesn't have much of a personality to it, and it's very generic and uninteresting. This is very lame considering how nice Zafara redraws tend to be. There's a lot of wasted potential in this pet.
Armi

Post by Armi »

I think I get what's also wrong with mutant zafara...the highlights. The artist put REALLY thin highlight on it's body and that bright light blue really make the zafara look horrible. :( Man, kill the highlight, then I'd probs want to own one on my "dead" spare. :)

Some neopets don't need highlights and this is one of them. Or at least it should have been thicker.

I actaully though tthe ears looks like beetlejuice-like worms coming from out of it's skull, but that's me.
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Umbreonmog wrote:I'm underwhelmed. The concept is pretty lame and the art does look outdated. It doesn't have much of a personality to it, and it's very generic and uninteresting. This is very lame considering how nice Zafara redraws tend to be. There's a lot of wasted potential in this pet.
What nice Zafara redraws?

With the exception of FOUR, all of the redraws are BAD. Maraquan looks high, Faerie looks like somesort of weasel from a kids cartoon, Darigan's poses are not so different, Grey is hunchbacked, Baby is just *creepy*, and Ice has a broken jaw. Good? I don't think so. I don't like many of the redraws, which is why I currently don't own a Zafara...
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

I guess its okay Zafara wise, but Mutant wise its terrible.

Garr.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
KasiTL

Post by KasiTL »

Well this is dissapointing. First, the blue is too bright. If it were more of a dingy, worn-out slate blue, then it wouldn't be so bad. Hell, any dingy grey-tinted colour would be better than BRIGHT blue. I like Cyro's army-green one, for example. (Though the other recolours are great too, but the army-green one is my favourite.)

The ears aren't quite right.... :? It also lacks... something. Nifty stinger tail though. Too bad pets don't get custom attacks for certain colours. If they did, I could see this one having a poison sting attack.
EDIT: target-zapping for darigan just became feasible too.
Assuming they release it and all. >__<
. . . Darigan Zafaras are avalible.... I have one.
Last Update: 8/09/06 - Some blue! And a poll! - Click sig to view.
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Nothing To See Here
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

NyauNyau wrote:Image
That reminded me greatly of something in futurama. The pic ain't that good (one below) ah well
jeti

Post by jeti »

KasiTL wrote:
EDIT: target-zapping for darigan just became feasible too.
Assuming they release it and all. >__<
. . . Darigan Zafaras are avalible.... I have one.
I think the point is that transmogs are usually a lot cheaper than MPs, so... a lot more of an attainable goal.

(I've one, too... still in shock I forked over the full 1.4 mill.)

And nyaunyau, that pic's adorable for some reason. n___n
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

NyauNyau wrote:Image
A zafara like that would replace the mutant blumaroo as my main pet.

And it's much more reminiscent of a termite queen, which was also the basis for the evil Queen Malformed-festering-bloated-sweaty-pus-filled slug-for-a-butt which I'm going pretend everyone is familiar with because EVERYONE GREW UP IN THE EARLY 80'S/90'S.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

dunx5000 wrote: Thatreminded me greatly of something in futurama. The pic ain't that good (one below) ah well
Mmmm, Slurm.

But yeah, this pet is barely Mutated and I find the 'Picture Of Me' to be one of the cutest things I have seen.
Umbreonmog

Post by Umbreonmog »

Wow, everyone's Mutant Zafara is better than the one TNT released. Every one that's been posted makes me realize how much potential was wasted and how shitty a job TNT did on this.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Scythemantis wrote:And it's much more reminiscent of a termite queen, which was also the basis for the evil Queen Malformed-festering-bloated-sweaty-pus-filled slug-for-a-butt which I'm going pretend everyone is familiar with because EVERYONE GREW UP IN THE EARLY 80'S/90'S.
Actually I was just reminded of her several days ago because I was perusing your site. =D (Was looking for your NBC game sprites to show to Derek and got sidetracked.) At least... I think that was your site? I went to many sprite sites that day....
Image Image