Faerie and Pink Grarrl

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I like the Faerie Grarrl a lot, although I do think it would be *much* better with gold eyes.

The pink is a nice pink for a T-Rex-ish critter.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I was bored so I decided to try a few recolours. I quite like the cooler colour schemes on this. Just click the image to see full size:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

Ehhh...pink. Whatever.

I think they had a great idea going but they didn't quite execute it right, I mean if wasn't so chubby the horns might actually look rather elegant on it. Grarrl's need to look strong and powerful - not lazy

The colours are fine IMO but I love Misstress Morbids redo's of the colour scheme ^^
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

If I zapped a faerie grarrl I would definitely be keeping it <3 I love the chubbyness, the reposes and the colours. Happy pose is the only one I'm not loving but even then it isn't bad. This is one of my favourite faerie pets I reckon and the sad pose is adorable.

daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I don't like orange or barbie pink, so this pet isn't doing a lot for me. I do like the fact that the transition from pink to orange is quite natural- the same speckled look that the techo has. And they didn't give it translucent wispy wings, which was a wise move.

There's something about the happy pose that looks wrong, though.

I think it's perhaps the sleazy expression on the face. Oh, and the feet there really bug me. I'm also not a fan of the horns or wispy whiskers.

Interestingly, the head shape seems to have changed from the non-redraw grarrls, too- it's much more squared off. Seems to be a bit of a trend.
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm actually quite impressed by the faerie grarrl. When I first saw it I didn't really like it, but it seems to suffer from "'happy pose'-itis" like many pets do, and the other poses are a LOT better.

That said, I'm not sure if it's the type of pet for me as it lacks the fluidity and elegance of the faerie peophin and techo, but that said, it would be very difficult to give that to the grarrl, so as far as faerie grarrls go, this is the best I could really expect.
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Ooh MM those recolours look gorgeous, I liked the faerie grarrl to begin with but I do like the blue and aqua coloured one a lot better, suits the personality of the faerie grarrle much better than the orange and drak pinks TNT used. As for pink..umm... it's not bright bubblegum pink at least?
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Madge wrote: That said, I'm not sure if it's the type of pet for me as it lacks the fluidity and elegance of the faerie peophin and techo, but that said, it would be very difficult to give that to the grarrl, so as far as faerie grarrls go, this is the best I could really expect.
How the heck can a flying T-rex have fluidity? :P
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ohh. This is pretty nice for a Faerie Grarrl :O Jessibean told me "Hey, did you see that there's a Faerie Grarrl?" and my first thought was "... uh oh." XD;

That said, the happy pose bothers me, too :/ It definitely looks either high, or sleazy. I wouldn't be able to look at that all the time >_>; Otherwise though, the rest of the poses are very well-done and nice, and I don't mind the pink and orange color scheme. Yay Faerie Grarrl not being a wings-pasted-on disaster!

Oh yeah, and the Pink Grarrl. Uh.. yay pink?
<3
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Grarrls are my favourite pet on the site, so I'm obliged to come out of my not-posting-about-site-related-things-much-anymore cacoon.

BUH! HNNNGHUH!

I've wondered for many a year if there would ever be a faerie grarrl, and whether or not it would suck ass...

This does not suck ass.

Yay.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

I think I can see where they were going with the Faerie, but honestly why dos a reptile have feathers? It doesn't effect me much- Magar is staying blue unless he becomes a key character in my stories, and he probably won't.

Pink could have been more pink. The color looks just a little too violet for me.
Aqua

Post by Aqua »

TraditionsRule wrote:I think I can see where they were going with the Faerie, but honestly why dos a reptile have feathers? It doesn't effect me much- Magar is staying blue unless he becomes a key character in my stories, and he probably won't.

Pink could have been more pink. The color looks just a little too violet for me.
Well, they think that tyrannosaurus had feathers now. :P
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

Aqua wrote:
TraditionsRule wrote:I think I can see where they were going with the Faerie, but honestly why dos a reptile have feathers? It doesn't effect me much- Magar is staying blue unless he becomes a key character in my stories, and he probably won't.

Well, they think that tyrannosaurus had feathers now. :P
Oi, they should just stop the research now before my world as I know it comes to an end. :( I loved dinos as a kid and wanted to be a fossil digger person but if they want to say they had wings, I'll pass. :?
Cheese

Post by Cheese »

Nobody's saying they had wings. Just feathers.
TraditionsRule

Post by TraditionsRule »

Cheese wrote:Nobody's saying they had wings. Just feathers.
Oh, sorry! :oops: I assumed they were going to say wings that were some kind of material that wouldn't be able to survive fossilization (I thinks that's what they call/say it). Still, it takes away the image I've always had in my head, and a huge monster that's really tall/scary/OMG having feathers doesn't seem as terrifing to me.