Electric Elephante

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Tom
Human Avatar: 231218

Electric Elephante

Post by Tom »

Points of comment:
There is a lot of electric flying around here, which, in my opinion, is a very good thing. It looks slightly redrawn with the thicker lines. Overall, quite a nice effort. The electric effect within the gem is a nice touch.

On the minus? It's an Elephante. They need a redraw for it to be truly considered a great colour, until then, I'm not a great fan.

And all poses!
Subeta: Thomas
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Ooh, awesome. They redrew quite a bit of it, actually, even if it is just redefining toenails.

Compare with Blue

I particuarly like ranged attack.

It looks much nicer than the normal elephante.

Still wouldnt own one, even with minor improvements happy and circle are ugly poses, but it is decent.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I really like it :D It's actually redrawn quite a bit - eyes are improved, Beaten pose is very different, it doesn't look nearly as flat, and the wings are a lot better.

ImageImage

Much better :D
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

They did a very nice job with the eyes - the acctually look rather pretty. I also like the tunderbolt runing down his nose. Electricity feels lazily done for some reason (as does the pefrect circle black eye in the hit pose).
Not bad for a pet with really old art tho.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wow, overall they did a very nice job with this - LOTS of lightning, which always makes a great electric pet IMHO. The slight redrawn...ness of it is quite goo dtoo, gives it a LOT more depth.

I still don't like elephants, but I think even if they got this SLIGHT makeover, it'd make the species better as a whole.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

When I saw this topic I first thought "this is gunna be complete s***". I must say it's alright, considering it's not a redraw they did a good effort in making it not look like trash. I am impressed for an electric elephante.

ImageImage
"Wee I'm not complete crud unlike disco elephante"
ImageImage
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about. *hands artist/s a Corona*

Massive amounts of lightning crackling about, and just enough of a redraw to set this apart from your normal, run-of-the-mill colorfill Elephantes.

Two thumbs up on this one. 'Tis very nicely done.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

It's better than I expected.

For some reason, I've never been that fond of Elephantes. I think it's the silly expression. But this is OK, I guess. I like the way they've actually set out to make it electric rather than just blue stripes.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Float

Post by Float »

As an electric pet, its really good.
As a redraw i still think its really good. I like elephantes, i just didnt like how flat the lineart and shadows made them look. I hope that if this isnt their revamp, they wont come out with one that changes them much at all, like having them be on four legs or something.
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

This looks good. It doesn't look too out of place with the newer pets even.

This pose bothers me though:

Yes, I KNOW thats it's tail. But my eye keeps being drawn to it. I don't think it needed to be drawn in at that angle, unless its connected to its crotch rather than the base of its spine.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

yeah, I like the sparkiness, and the fact that the terrifying mad staring eyes are fixed.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

I am glad that they made an effort on this :D The electricity crackling everywhere is always a nice touch with Electric pets. Hooray! Also, redone bits of the Elephante - very good news. The old one is garbage D:
<3
huyet

Post by huyet »

Did anyone notice that the lightning bolts on the elephante get splotched in its beaten pose and the eyes turn green.

It's nice that the pattern changes when its beaten, but what about the green eyes though?
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

huyet wrote:Did anyone notice that the lightning bolts on the elephante get splotched in its beaten pose and the eyes turn green.

It's nice that the pattern changes when its beaten, but what about the green eyes though?
Erm...contacts? :P
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I like the gem effect, but the electric colour is always too bright for me.

I love Elephantes, mostly because I also love elephants (and now it seems to weird to spell it without the extra 'e'), but they do look flatter than some of the other pets. That's why I'm glad of the attention to detail in this colour.