Shadow Bori

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jesse882173

Shadow Bori

Post by Jesse882173 »

And the first Bori Day color is....Shadow!

credit to neonuttersofneopia
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

I think it'd have probably looked better with a darker shell and lighter body. :| Still, not bad. :3
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I pushed the magic button Joeno gave me, so it should be on the front page soon.

I think this is very nice. I'm not a fan of the random blue that's used on some shadow pets, but I think blue eyes would have suited this better.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

I was half expecting a blue shell. I'm glad to see they didn't as I loathe the blue as it completely defeats the purpose of the pet blending in with the shadows.

Bori's generally have good colorfills and this isn't any different. Yay no blue

YAYYYY

:mrgreen:
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Something weird is going on with this. It's been uploaded to the images50.neopets.com server which is why it isn't showing up on the front page. I thought it was hosted on Neonutters, since TNT does upload and delete images occasionally, which is why this was temporarily locked.
huyet

Post by huyet »

This color's pretty nice for a Bori. It's not something that is absolutely awe-inspiring but I like it.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

It's really hard to mess up a Bori, so I rather like this by default.

However, I like the purple/blue color they use on some of the Shadow and wish they had used it here as well.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Seerow wrote:It's really hard to mess up a Bori, so I rather like this by default.

However, I like the purple/blue color they use on some of the Shadow and wish they had used it here as well.
Same, I was hoping for the blue shell and accents actually, I think it would have looked nice. But I really like the colour of blue they use on shadow pets.

Maybe if someone's bored they could whip up a blue/black one. ;P
Image Image
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm also in the club for imagining before I clicked on this thread something with purple/blue on it.

That said, I like its simplicity; I think if purple or blue were added, it might not be done right, and then we would all mourn for it. Or something.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

When our scripts search for images, they only search images.neopets.com rather than images50.neopets.com (at least, I'm assuming that's what they're doing). The same thing happened with the faerie grarrl. It seems to be a new trend that TNT upload only to the images50 server.

Not much we can do except poke Joeno. um... *pokes*

Oh, and the shadow bori- it's okay, an adequate colourfill.
Neopets wishlists: here
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

I too like the purplish colour on shadow pets, it makes them feel more shadowy - otherwise they're just black, and a bit dull.

However I find boris pretty dull, so I have no problem with that on this pet.
stonomola

Post by stonomola »

I like it very much, maybe a lit bit lighter will be cool!
Set by Helen
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

daisybell wrote:Not much we can do except poke Joeno. um... *pokes*
*Is poked*

There's not much I can do here, I can't be sure that all pets on the standard images server will also be on the images50 server (has anyone ever checked that?) and searching on more than one pose basically breaks the entire script, with a pet being marked as unreleased with one pose, and as non-existing with the other. That's also why I can't really fix it manually.

So, yeah, back to the rock. I thought I saw one of those Bori scuttling around here. Boring colourfills...
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I am a huge bori fan (even though I sadly only have one, and don't really have plans for more yet O_o), and I think this is quite nice. I'm not too fond of blue on most shadow pets but here I think a little accenting with it would have been nice.

Anyway, it's just a colorfil, but it works good on the bori, because they're lovely by default. So hooray.
FaerieInGrey

Post by FaerieInGrey »

I wish the body were a little lighter - the facial features are a little hard to distinguish because they get lost in the blackness. This was a problem with a lot of the older Shadow pets, but I had thought that the artists had been good in choosing a bit lighter of a shade for the body.

I'm glad that the shell isn't blue. A blue (or purple) shell would have been too much, in my opinion. I am similarly glad that the claws and tail tuft are black. However, I wish that the eyes were that nice shadow blue colour instead of brownish. It's a very rpetty colour, and then the Bori would have gone better with the other Shadow pets.

As far as I remember, Shadow Paint Brushes are still relatively inexpensive (relatively meaning that all Paint Brushes are ridiculously inflated; Shadow is no exception), which would make this colorfill a decent option for Bori owners.