Mutant Bori

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Silence

Post by Silence »

Holy flying socks, am I glad the Mutant Bori got released. A... close friend... of mine has been practically boucing up and down with anticipation of it since it's been on the image servers. One of her pets, Tsudoku, has been intended to be a Mutant Bori for as long as I can remember speaking to her about Neopets. She squealed at a such a high pitch when she realized it'd been released that I thought she was about to explode.

In my opinion, the Mutant Bori is wonderful. A tad on the plain side, as it's only a large, ugly beast in a slightly distasteful shade of green, with the malformed shell extending up to the top of its head. But as far as the Mutants go, I find it to be one of the best. The Bori's drawing and shading in general is beautifully done, and the Mutant Bori isn't any different. It does lack the hideous, gruesome, twisted creature sort of look that most Mutants have; but in all honesty, that's both a pro and a con. Although it doesn't conform with the Mutant standards, the simplicity, the exquisite execution of its design's drawing, coloring, and shading, and the diminutive creepiness factor make it aesthetically pleasing to look at, while still maintaining the needed monstrousity.

... Also, the sad pose is strangely hilarious.
You'll never know the way your words have haunted me.
I can't believe you'd ask these things of me!
You don't own me!

You belong to me,
My snow white queen.
There's nowhere to run, so let's just get it over.
Soon I know you'll see,
You're just like me.
Don't scream anymore, my love, 'cause all I want is you...
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Unfortunately the creepiness factor is far too diminutive. It could still pass for something that's supposed to be cute, or even a normal species. It's cool but I was hoping they would try something else.