Tyrannian and Rainbow Jetsam

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Minus the zits and tusks, the Tyrannian Jetsam could have made for a nice revamp of the whole species. Goodness knows, it's got attitude and more personality than the normal Jetsam.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

Tyrannian is drawn well but I don't like how cartoony it is for a shark. Not vicious enough.
tupajumikka

Post by tupajumikka »

I kind of like that Jetsam one =)
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, the Tyrannian Jetsam's got ATTITUDE. OMG.

Yeah, you know I pwn you.

His attitude reminds of a fictional videogame character's attitude. I can't exactly put my finger on it...
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Eww, the Tyrannian Jetsam looks diseased. Though yeah, it'll make make a nice revamped look sans the rash and tusks.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Kytsune

Post by Kytsune »

Silverevilchao wrote:Wow, the Tyrannian Jetsam's got ATTITUDE. OMG.

Yeah, you know I pwn you.

His attitude reminds of a fictional videogame character's attitude. I can't exactly put my finger on it...
That's what I saw, anyway. X3

I love the tyrannian's art, but the warts are..ew. It would be fine on a mutant, but not tyrannian.

And rainbow is rainbow. Flotsies could use a nice, fiercer, more sharky revamp. Or at least one without a crutch.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

I don't really get the warty skin, but the Tyrannian gets a C+ and Rainbow gets a C- for looking super old.
Image Image Image
Desolate Joker

Post by Desolate Joker »

Hmmm...they could have made the Tyrannian look like one of the prehistoric sharks, like a Edestus or a Paleocarcharias maybe?
But much love for the attitude XD

I though rainbow was already a Jetsam colour? It's good anyway.
Otter

Post by Otter »

The Tyrannian jetsam looks like it's suffering from a bad case of warts (or acne).
It would've been neat if it had looked something like <a href="http://school.discovery.com/schooladven ... l">this</a>.
Daphie

Post by Daphie »

The Tyrannian is okay for me, but I don't like that they made the fins into feet. Jetsams are water pets, and they swim in water. Okay, I'm sure there are Jestams in Neopia Central and they somehow move around, but they use magic, not feet. But I'm not a Jetsam owner so I'm not going to complain.
All Jetsams have those feet, if you look more carefully.

And I agree, Otter xD those would've been so much cooler!
I quite like this Jetsam except for those hideous warts...
DAPHIE&
f l i r t a t i o u s &hearts;
Code Lyoko Yumi

Tyrannian Jetsam

Post by Code Lyoko Yumi »

I think a tyrannian jetsam is positively COOL!

Huggles Edit: Smileys are a privilege, not a right. Do not Abuse them.
Randomness

Post by Randomness »

i think the tyrannian one looks more mutant and the rainbow is just plian rainbow so yea.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

When I first glimpsed the Tyrannian Jetsam, I thought "Oh, no, another useless colour that will never come in useful to anyone, anywhere, anytime." Upon further investigation, my opinions certainly have not changed.

Besides the fact that this Jetsam does not have a definitive shape, the circle pose just looks plain foreboding and kind of lumpy and sagging. I receive the impression that his body just isn't shaped right. Something about the angle and the proportion of body parts is a little disconcerting.

The tusks ressemble a flourish added on to a piece of artwork on last-minute anxiety. The cold, staring eyes just get to me. Maybe old Tyrannian tribes are hostile, but this is more monster than Neopet. True, Jetsams aren't the sharing and caring Usul, but still, this colour has a crueler disposition.

And yes, the warts are slightly odd. I'm not sure if they're hard or not, but they ooze menacing olive liquid when popped, I presume from the beaten pose.

The Rainbow Jetsam - I agree with the first comment, of course. I also agree that the colours do not transition very well - which is true of the majority of rainbow pets. This one isn't worse than most. I find it a bit gaudy and not appropriate for my tastes. Of course - I doubt that anybody would find this species appealing unless they were eight and got it from the adoption center. *shrug*

Sorry for this unruly long post.. I have come back to NeoColours from a... 28 month hiatus. :-D I remember two people - Huggles and Mandy. If they're still here... cool. =)
I'm now 13. In fact, yesterday was my birthday. =D

-Elizabeth
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I like tyrannian because it's a redraw and they put some effort into the poses.

I like the concept of rainbow but it just doesn't look quite right somehow :?
Not all who wander are lost.
LadySilverSnake

Post by LadySilverSnake »

The Tyrannian is cool.