Darigan Kacheek

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

Sammi wrote:
Illuen wrote:
Kamil wrote:
Damn. Still there. Where the hell is Obi-Wan when he's needed?
He is too busy getting it on with Anakin in fanfics to come save you.
*Screams* No, nasty mental image, nooooooo!!11!!! ;) (Oh who am I kidding, after hearing about Dumbledore/Harry fanfics there can't be much worse out there.)
Have you read any Hermione/Snape? That pairing makes me cry.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
TCD

Post by TCD »

Illuen wrote:
Sammi wrote:
Illuen wrote: He is too busy getting it on with Anakin in fanfics to come save you.
*Screams* No, nasty mental image, nooooooo!!11!!! ;) (Oh who am I kidding, after hearing about Dumbledore/Harry fanfics there can't be much worse out there.)
Have you read any Hermione/Snape? That pairing makes me cry.
I used to enjoy that pairing.

And it's a joke. Which means they're releasing the other joke pet.....the darigan poogle. :-D
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

If it's a joke, it's awful.
If it's NOT a joke, it's REALLY awful.

Does it remind anyone else of an acara in the circle pose or is it just me?
Not all who wander are lost.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Madge wrote:I think the downside of having a joke darigan poogle / kacheek is the fact that people who wanted a kickass one to paint their pet to are going to be unable to get one, because not only does it suck but it will not be released.

I mean, imagine if a few years ago you had a poogle that was evil incarnate and you were waiting and hoping for a darigan poogle to come out so that way you could paint your poogle - maybe you'd even already bought the brush, as I know TLT has done with her hopeful royal hissi - and then you see on the NC main page the darigan poogle!

The image loads, and you cry.

Then you start getting used to it and you say to yourself "okay, I can live with the darigan poogle. It's sort of funny, and I can always do a custom design. I already have the pb after all".

Then it never gets released.

I mean, the darigan poogle is funny, but I can see why people are upset - because it means one less pet that has the potential for kickass darigan.
Exactly. I still want a real Darigan Poogle; there's so much potential there for it to be this really awesome little rabid dog-rodent-gremlin thing. There's nothing wrong with "joke" pets, but they shouldn't be permanent. Just leave the fake one on the servers for a few days, then upload the real thing on top of it. Like they did with the Barney Grarrl. :)

I was actually looking forward to the Dari Kacheek, in hopes it'd be the cool cute-fuzzy-evil-thing I wanted the Poogle to be. I guess not. :(
Slugawoo

Post by Slugawoo »

Saturn wrote:
Madge wrote:I think the downside of having a joke darigan poogle / kacheek is the fact that people who wanted a kickass one to paint their pet to are going to be unable to get one, because not only does it suck but it will not be released.

I mean, imagine if a few years ago you had a poogle that was evil incarnate and you were waiting and hoping for a darigan poogle to come out so that way you could paint your poogle - maybe you'd even already bought the brush, as I know TLT has done with her hopeful royal hissi - and then you see on the NC main page the darigan poogle!

The image loads, and you cry.

Then you start getting used to it and you say to yourself "okay, I can live with the darigan poogle. It's sort of funny, and I can always do a custom design. I already have the pb after all".

Then it never gets released.

I mean, the darigan poogle is funny, but I can see why people are upset - because it means one less pet that has the potential for kickass darigan.
Exactly. I still want a real Darigan Poogle; there's so much potential there for it to be this really awesome little rabid dog-rodent-gremlin thing. There's nothing wrong with "joke" pets, but they shouldn't be permanent. Just leave the fake one on the servers for a few days, then upload the real thing on top of it. Like they did with the Barney Grarrl. :)

I was actually looking forward to the Dari Kacheek, in hopes it'd be the cool cute-fuzzy-evil-thing I wanted the Poogle to be. I guess not. :(
Barney grarrl? Did I miss something? o0; -would love to see it- >D

As for the darigan poogle, I'm sure when they get off their lazy bums they'll draw up the real one and upload over the crappy one. x3 If they don', then they suck. D:
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Slugawoo wrote:Barney grarrl? Did I miss something? o0; -would love to see it- >D
I unfortunately don't have the image saved, and I'm not sure if anyone here does. But back when they revamped the Grarrl, when they got to the Purple one they had a fake one that looked like Barney on the servers for only an hour or two before they put up the real one. Bright purple with a green belly and spots and yellow toenails. It was hilarious. XD;
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Saturn wrote:
Slugawoo wrote:Barney grarrl? Did I miss something? o0; -would love to see it- >D
I unfortunately don't have the image saved, and I'm not sure if anyone here does. But back when they revamped the Grarrl, when they got to the Purple one they had a fake one that looked like Barney on the servers for only an hour or two before they put up the real one. Bright purple with a green belly and spots and yellow toenails. It was hilarious. XD;
*wishes her account was old enough to see that* xD
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

It's so cute! Not that darigan pets should be cute or anything, but, well, it reminds of Steve Jackson games. Particularly Munchkin -- anyone play Munchkin?

It's like the art style of Monstrous, Horrific, Steeped in Evil, yet Somehow Pitiable.
Colour me amused. But I do understand the perspective that TnT should be spending time drawing pretty colours that people want instead of elaborate joke/not-a-joke-but-clearly-no-one-in-their-right-mind-
really-thinks-that's-darigan colours.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Settingshadow wrote:It's so cute! Not that darigan pets should be cute or anything, but, well, it reminds of Steve Jackson games. Particularly Munchkin -- anyone play Munchkin?
Yeah, you're right, it really looks a lot like a Munchkin monster. :lol:
It would probably be called something like "Kacheek of Doom". *g*
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

It's so cute! Not that darigan pets should be cute or anything, but, well, it reminds of Steve Jackson games. Particularly Munchkin -- anyone play Munchkin?
Yes! That game is awesome! I like the Gazebo :D

But anyway, this pet had better be a joke... or else :twisted:

And I'd like to see a picture of that Barney Grarrl :D
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

This has GOT to be another Darigan Poogle.

For the love of God TNT, why the sudden Adult Swim attitude for Darigan?
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Buttersauce wrote:This has GOT to be another Darigan Poogle.

For the love of God TNT, why the sudden Adult Swim attitude for Darigan?
Adult Swim attitude?

WHA?

Well, that's the 6th Darigan pet that's NOT a redraw...
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Adult Swim is infamous for torturing the anime fans. I kinda seems like TNT is "torturing" the Dari fans so...yay. :lol:
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Silverevilchao

Post by Silverevilchao »

Buttersauce wrote:Adult Swim is infamous for torturing the anime fans. I kinda seems like TNT is "torturing" the Dari fans so...yay. :lol:
Let me guess...in Adult Swim, they either:

--cancel your favorite shows

OR

--switch around the times with little notification

TNT is also torturing the Grey Draik fans...they deleted the whole thing!
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I don't see the Darigan Poogle love. I mean, I understand it is a horrible, ugly pet, but if it was released, I can guarentee you I would not stop until I had one.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.