Grey Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I'll give you a heads up because you're new, but generally responding to a new color thread with "If you don't like it, you shouldn't get it." is very much frowned upon here. Expect no mercy.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

quchiqoo wrote: Don't like it, then well duh! Don't get it! :mrgreen:
It's not that simple...what about all the people who LOVE grey, and love pteris? People sometimes wait forever to see their favorite pets come out in their favorite colors, and then they turn out garbagey.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

people like me....sighh.....this pteri had soo much potential to be great..i mean tnt made great maraquan and faerie pteri redraws...why can't they do the same for grey? it just really disappoints me how badly executed this pteri was...especially when it comes to good detail and the truly miserable feeling which good grey pets are suppost to give off. oh well...*scratches grey pteri off list*
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

It sucks. There's nothing great about it, really. Grey is my favourite color, but the last good Grey pet was released in June (the Acara), and it was... 5 months ago. :(

Seriously, I don't know what is going on with Grey pets. At first, they were all fabulours. But now, most of the times, they suck. :?

Oh, and it looks like it's wearing make-up. :|
Aurinona

Post by Aurinona »

It's crying because it has Gene Simmons's eye makeup, but can never compete with the tongue. Or maybe it just wanted to go on tour with KISS and wasn't allowed to.

Seriously, though- who the heck is responsible for this abomination? The shading is poorly done, the lineweights suck, the beak looks like it's about to fall off, and some feathers on the ranged attack pose have randomly been sliced through.

Also- I agree, this is a hangover-pet, or maybe just drunk. Look at the close attack pose. Attacking? No. Staggering home from the bar, singing bawdy songs, more like.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

*Shakes head*

You know, when I saw "Grey Pteri" I did think "Oh God, not again." Because as Roger said, a string of grey pets in the last year or so have been horrible save the grey acara. But this goes beyond God-awful. I would take the bloated grey korbat anyday over this thing. I mean, it doesn't even look depressed. It looks like someone went into MS paint and filled in grey with no shading. *raspberries*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Oh my god.

Quite possibly the most horrifying thing I've ever seen on Neopets.

Worst grey pet ever.

It may not be melty... but it's far, far worse.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ewwwww. Ewwwwwwww. *cries* Ewww ;__; I like Pterii and I like Grey. I HATE this. ;______; I saw the topic and clicked on it, going "... Grey Pteri? Grey Pteri? Could this be good?" then it loaded and I said "......oh god."

I looked at it and looked at it, and it reminds me of older, fatter Marlon Brando for some reason >__>; I can't figure out why. It's mostly the Photo image, but, iunno. Anyway. GROSS. BAD ON TNT. VERY BAD. Don't make ginormo-expensive pets look like something worse than the grody meat chunks I step on at work D: PLEASE.
<3
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

This angers me just by existing. It's hideous. It looks drunk, not depressed, and it's just an ugly fat lump. I actually like pteris a lot, but this... ick. Worst pteri color ever, by far, and one of the most expensive. There's no excuse for that.

Where have all the good artists gone? Hey, who drew those awesome sycamore war challengers? Get that person to do some decent pets.
Zap

Post by Zap »

... okay.

It's not there.

From the sounds of things, I should be grateful.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I'm actually waiting for TNT to say this was a bad April Fool's joke in November. This isn't the real grey pteri that we expect people to waste millions on. Show some damn EFFORT people!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

*crosses fingers that it's being revamped*
Image Image
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

No such luck. It's only been moved to the normal server. My magic button to update the front page isn't working.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I thought about zapping my Darigan Pteri. Not anymore.

And, they're giving us crappy grey pets to increase deflation.

And, btw.

I loathe most of the grey pets. Including the Wocky than everyone else seems to adore.

I hate the guts of the Darigan Eyrie as well.

I have weird tastes.
Laborama

ugh

Post by Laborama »

Ugh, I wish Tnt had more great artists like Shoomlah one their team. I think she did the BD Plot Trees because they look a lot like her style.

Why must they hire 5 year olds to make sloppy ugly pet colors? I could draw a grey pteri tons better than that if I had the correct program. I love pteris, but they just had to rush and make it an ugly grey pet when it could've looked a whole lot better. It's all about the money...they don't care anymore about their art I swear. I looked forward for something better :/...bleh the disco pteri doesn't help at all either...