Grey Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

ugh. I've been waiting for this for Featheric for so, so long. Maybe we'll still get a good royal?
reissue

Post by reissue »

I bet there is no chance they'll revamp it seeing as how people are so disapointed and it's so revamp-worthy? :(
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Pardon my unbridled narcissism, but I drew this in 15 minutes and it sucks less. And I'm not being paid for it.

TNT: TRY HARDER.
Ragesaw

Post by Ragesaw »

Eww... what´s that? :( When I saw "Grey Pteri", I was thinking in something like that shopkeeper:

(Shadow Pteri Shopkeeper)
Last edited by Ragesaw on 08 Nov 2006 07:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

The official version is just nasty, nasty, nasty. There are no redeeming poses. Sad is especially awful, which is terrible for a grey pet.
Neopets wishlists: here
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

And I just drew this version:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/ ... ypteri.gif
it's too light, but at least it doesn't have a hangover.
covet

Post by covet »

Oh, I'm so sad.

Why can't TNT do a good grey bird? Long, trailing feathers and sad eyes. It can be pretty and sad, for pitys sake. I was really hoping for something to rival the faerie pteri.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Mosrael

Post by Mosrael »

This reminds me of the new igloo garage sale art. Very similar style.

That said, this is really, really bad =/ The anatomy is dreadful, the shading is dreadful... just urgh.

I think what's most upsetting is that it could have been such a beautiful pet. I would own one in a second if it looked like Jazzy's or Cyaneus's.
Nynex

Re: ugh

Post by Nynex »

Laborama wrote:Ugh, I wish Tnt had more great artists like Shoomlah one their team. I think she did the BD Plot Trees because they look a lot like her style.

Why must they hire 5 year olds to make sloppy ugly pet colors? I could draw a grey pteri tons better than that if I had the correct program. I love pteris, but they just had to rush and make it an ugly grey pet when it could've looked a whole lot better. It's all about the money...they don't care anymore about their art I swear. I looked forward for something better :/...bleh the disco pteri doesn't help at all either...
Shoomlah only works during the summers. She is a college student, and goes to school during the year.
But yes. I love her art.
I was also rather dissapointed in this Grey pet. =/ Grey is one of my favorite pet colors. This one looks sick not sad =/
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Oh hell, since everyone else is doing it:

Yeah, mine looks... weird. :P But you know, I LIKE the idea of a really scrawny, scruffy, beat-up looking Grey pet. And there's nothing sadder than a birdy that can't fly :(
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

I feel so sorry for people that love Grey and love Pteri...
Thanks for your sympathy, but I don't think it'll help much....

What is it doing? Is it spitting? Coughing? Does it have its cheeks painted blue? Why is it so flat? Why are its eyes larger than its beak?? WHY DOES IT SUCK???

TNT, please stop messing up my favorite pet on the site!
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

It's like half its face is underwater while the other half's on Jupiter or something

TEARS DON'T WORK THAT WAY

I think I'll just run down the list of terrible. Hunchbacked, floating tears, wrinkles, that wave thing it's eyebrows have going on, broken tail sometimes, drinking to fight the hangover, and the beaten pose.

"Oh no, here comes the assfuck"
Last edited by DamionDarkheart on 09 Nov 2006 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
kerg

Post by kerg »

Eeew...this thing is just horrible. I'm not really a fan of gray pets or Pteris to begin with, but this is just awful. All of yours are so much better.
Kantark

My eyes! My beautiful eyes!

Post by Kantark »

Well, the Angry pose is not terrible, I suppose - if this'd been the basis for the happy pose then it would've been an improvement...

... and 'Beaten' looks suitably, well, beaten up...

There's no more skirting around it - it's bollocks.

(Damn it could've been so good so easily, too. Truly disappointing.)
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Each one of your self drawn grey pteri beats this one, hands down.

EDIT: I just hope usul days doesn't get the grey or rewamp of the same quility.
*whistles* It isn't amusing when it happens to a pet you really had your hopes up.
Last edited by zebru on 09 Nov 2006 07:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta