Island Bruce

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Island Bruce

Post by zebru »

Sorry, image heavy post as it's a redraw ;)

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

I'm not sure what I think - I'm between horrified and very amused. Neat touches with hula dance and a great beaten and happy poses - but something about it it freaks me out all the same.
Very nice of them to bother with a redraw where they didn't have to though.
Last edited by zebru on 05 Dec 2006 05:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Float

Post by Float »

Very nicely put hehe. There's definitly too much going on. Maybe if the lei was nice and thin and they lost the bad chunky bracelets..

I love the happy pose for this though, its adorable. But the feet are way odd whenever its sitting down
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I agree that there's too much going on, but I rather like it. I love the colors used, the designs on the face are very nice, and I LOVE how it does a hula dance for all of its poses! One of the most creative island pets yet, I think.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

IT'S A FREAKING REDRAW. OMFG.

Very busy, yes, but it's worth the (rather expensive) price for Bruce fans...
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

It's too dark for my taste. And yes, very busy...but it looks better than most of the rest of the bruces so that's good.
LΟL
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

Haha it's always dancing :D
Laborama

Post by Laborama »

I just hate it's deformed feet. Needs toes, they looks so much cuter with toes, like the ones in the Bruce Caption Contest picture. I wish that artist redrew the bruces *sobs*.

Cute redraw, just hate the feet.... and bracelets. I give this.... 7/10 :)
gidget

Post by gidget »

I love it.

Granted, it has its flaws. It's too busy and I'd have liked the Bruce itself to be a little lighter. The beak is a little funny with that extra little... segment. The feet are kinda floppy looking.

Still, it's adorable. If I got a Bruce, this is the Bruce I'd want because it would make me smile. :D
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

...oh my god, before I clicked on the topic, I was thinking how awesome it'd be if the Island Bruce had a little dorky hula skirt on and WHAM it does!

It's adorable. The beaten pose makes me want to cuddle it.
old world underground where are you now?
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

It's cute. I love the dance poses for the attacks.

As far as being too busy, I think that would have been okay if they hadn't had two different colours for the flowers. They should have gone with just the red, or just the purple. Other than that, I like it.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

I dunno, "Island Bruce" feels like an oxymoron to me. So, it's more amusing than anything else. What I do like are the eyes, the hint of green is a lovely choice. It's okay I suppose (and I agree that there's too much going on). 7/10.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

I love it! When I first saw it, I thought it had to much going on but it is growing on me. Absolutely love the Happy Pose!
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I'm ... not diggin' it, actually.

I'd have to say that the thick lines, the silly putty feet, and the thick eyebrows are pretty off-putting. I'm liking the style of the bruces in the caption competition a whole lot more.

The hula dance is appreciated, though, and I gotta say the lei is pretty cute. But the feet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I want to like it, because the hula thing is clever, but it looks like a shopkeeper... one of those badly-drawn ones. The lines are too thick and something about it just seems off. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it bothers me.
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

Oooo I like this very much. Now it does have it's downs, one big thing being the icky feet and another the bracelets, they just work well with everything else. Other then that I like it. It's defently one of the better bruces. I love how its hula danceing in the happy pose and then uses such in one of the battle poses, just to cute. I also like the flowers, they are drawn real nicely and complete the whole hula look.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel