Island Bruce

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

I don't really like it. It seems much more...well, fatter than the regular Bruce. With the skirt it just looks very triangular, if you know what I mean. No, not my style.
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

No sir, I don't like it. I can appreciate the thoughtfulness of it, but it's just wasted effort. You can't make any ugly pet pretty, regardless of how many flowers and leis you toss on it. The lei is crowded and looks like a Christmas wreath. The bracelets are silly on a pet that has tapered flipper arms. Granted, they're not quite as ridiculous as the poogle's ear braclets or whatever they are, but still rather silly nonetheless.

The blue bruce in the caption looks better every time I see it.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

Overall, i think the idea is great and im glad TNT put some effort into making another bruce redraw, although i wish they would have bruces stand upright on their feet like with the darigan bruce which is the best bruce imo. The execution isn't that great just because the lines are thick and something about the drawings in generally make it seem sloppy/too much going on to concentrate on its niceness...but eh..for a bruce, this is good.
Sigh_Driven

Post by Sigh_Driven »

First post :)
lol if i didn't already have a Darigan Bruce I'd get one, simply because it makes me giggle. I like the redraw, the green eyes are a bit weird... but in my mind the happy pose makes up for all its flaws. It's a silly, goofy pet. The bruce is not a real penguin. It's a bruce. It has weird feet and likes to sit on it's fat butt lol :P
But overall, I agree, it's WAY too busy, I wish they had simply left the lei off of him.
No remorse because I still remember... The smile when you tore me apart.