Darigan Wocky

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Same here. Circle pose is really endearing. It's such a nice catlike facial expression of annoyance. It very much reminds me of my cat.
I don't like wockies usually because they have nothing to do with what cats really are. Battleposes here are very much pure old wocky and very off putting. Man, I hate that wocky ranged attack pose.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Yuck. The horns just ruin the whole pet for me-- they're so horribly phallic that it makes it hard to like the rest.
old world underground where are you now?
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

The horns? Aren't they awfully crooked to be considered phallic?

I like the colours a lot--the dark red, the dull grey. It's not a bad darigan pet, per se...there are a lot worse ones out there...but there's something that I can't quite put my finger on that I dislike about it.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

You know, I actually really like it. Unfortunately its main flaws are that it's not much of a redraw for Darigan, and (like all wockies) its face is awfully rounded and goofy with a silly on-the-side-of-its-face mouth. I think this would actually be much improved by a properly placed mouth. Overall, though, I think it's nice to look at, with a good colour scheme and great linework.
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

bonecrivain wrote:The horns? Aren't they awfully crooked to be considered phallic?.
As an English major, it is my solumn duty in life to see phallic imagery everywhere, including (and especially) where evidence of such is shady at best. :P
old world underground where are you now?
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Darigan Wocky = mreh.

The Dari paintbrush is expensive, and half-redrawn pets do not deserve to exist on such a color.

*pokes the awesome Darigan Korbat*
kerg

Post by kerg »

Actually, I really like this. Then again, this is coming from some who likes the Darigan Gelert, so...you might want not want to listen to what I think. XD I love the red Darigan pets, and I also tend to go for the Darigans that are less 'pure evil' and mostly just naughty-looking. I love the happy pose, it looks like he's plotting something:
And then there's of course the fact that it's fluffy and evil at the same time, which makes it awesome. I think I'll be getting one of these instead of the Darigan Gelert, especially since the art is a heck of a lot better.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Sorta looks like a Balrog with those big horns. It's okay. A little impish maybe.
Image Image Image
rampalicious

Post by rampalicious »

One more thing. The fluff around the wocky's neck should be the same colour as the tail isn't it? The tail just look dead as it doesnt contrast.
But overall i like it a lot as I'm a Wocky fan! Hehe! But i still prefer Faerie Wockies..*hugs Demoralised* and am still waiting for Maraquan and Royal Wockies.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Time to comment I guess. It's growing on me I think, whether it will grow on me enough to forgive the horns is yet to be seen.

Red darigan is good, and I love the evil expression, the mangled ruff, and the killer claws. The wings also work fine though they are not necessary, I think the wings would look better if the horns weren't there. And the poses are fine, I like standard wocky poses, and it looks pretty good in ranged attack.

The horns just take it a little too far in my opinion, I may casually lab for one but it's not setting the world alight.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I used to dislike wockies because I found them a little too smug looking. I like the current version of wockies because they look cuter and less arrogant. I generally like the darigan wocky because it doesn't look like a smug pampered pet at all. It's more of a warrior. It'll take some getting used to, though, because the art style of the face and body are completely different.

Overall, I'm mostly neutral about this pet, but more towards positive than negative.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Well, I really like it. I love the eyes and the expression. He says "Yeah, I peed in your slippers, but what are you going to do about it?"

I kind of want to make Ed one of these while I wait for the pirate lutari, but I'm zapping him in the faint hope that he turns lutari to start with... so I probably won't. I do like it though. I'm genuinely wondering whether I can fit one onto an account.
Ashy

Post by Ashy »

I love it. The concept, the expressions. The Wocky poses in general leave something to be desired, but the attitude totally fits. While I don't personally like Wockies enough to run out and spend 1.4 mil on one, if the Lab Ray gave me one of these, I'd definitely keep it. Of course, this is coming from someone who loves Darigan enough to fill up multiple accounts full of them... :D
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I rather like it. Nice concept and great attitude.
They did a great job of making a usually cute pet look evil.
Not all who wander are lost.
Scry

Post by Scry »

Honestly, I love it. Love at first sight.
But that comes out from a wocky fan, and I've been pining to create one since the lab ray zapped my wock-wock away. T_T

It's a pleasing shade of red, which is always nice on the oh so purple darigans, and I like how it keeps it cuteness while remaining evil. Like my cat.

Anyway, it's certainly a better color than the mutant korbat I have, and no doubt I'll be changing Zo into this shortly.