Starry Wocky

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Starry Wocky

Post by Huggles »

I've never been a starry fan, I hate the outline around the stars, but I suppose it's okay. It would have been nicer if the eyes were blue.

From Jelly Neo:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
covet

Post by covet »

I'd have liked it to be darker blue, with the ruff being the star.

But as colourfills go, it's filled with colour.
The Artist Formerly Known As Amneris
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

covet wrote:But as colourfills go, it's filled with colour.
That makes me laugh so much more than it should.
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I could have sworn that starry wockys existed already...
gidget

Post by gidget »

While it isn't bad, I do wish they had toned down or darkened the blue some. It kinda hurts my eyes to look at it. :?
Madge

Post by Madge »

I, too, thought starry wockies already existed. It's quite odd they don't.

That said, I agree a cyan eye would make it much more awesome.

The consistency between poses makes me happy. TNT has been real good with that lately!
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Eh..it's a starry wocky is all I can say. It's the sort of pet that if my lab rat changed into one, I wouldn't stop zapping him or her. I would either pound, or if I was attached to the pet, keep zapping.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Madge wrote:The consistency between poses makes me happy. TNT has been real good with that lately!
That's the first thing I checked, and it made me quite happy! They have been doing rather well with that, and it's about damn time.

I was kind of afraid there would be stars all over, including the ruff, so I was very happy to see that there wasn't. As for the colors, to me it's generic starry-pet blue and yellow, so I can't really complain.

I do agree that blue eyes would have looked better, though.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

Add me to the list of people that could have sworn there was already a Starry Wocky. I even have a drawing of one in the notebook I had before I went to college. Ah well.

I think it's rather pretty. I'd be happy to own one of these.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

It's Starry. And a Wocky. While there's not much more you can say about it, that doesn't mean it displeases me. For some reason the yellow ruff doesn't bother me the way it does on the Eyrie, maybe because so much less of the Wocky is ruff.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I'm really more a fan of the colour schemes on some of the other starry pets, like the Cybunny and the Yurble. But I guess I'm biased; I have a starry Cybunny.

Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I'm with Cyaneus - Cybunny and Yurble colour schemes work much better for me too. Blue they used on wocky is somewhat eye-burning. Also, stars look pretty flat - I don't feel they are following the contures of the body at all. (it doesn't help that I don't care for wockies either ;))
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Wow, Wocky fans are getting screwed this Wocky day - a lame, average Darigan and an utterly boring colorfill.

Image > Image
rampalicious

Post by rampalicious »

Yeah! It looks boring but i like the star mark on its forehead. But still poorly done. I prefer darigan than this one.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I don't know that it's poorly done... x_X The stars are consistant for one, and they haven't gone overboard on the stars which is nice.

For other pets I don't like the glaring yellow but it works here on the wocky ruff simply because the plain wocky colours look so nice with a different coloured ruff as well. Light blue would have made the pet very drab I think.

All in all I like this, another great colourfill for the wocky and a nice addition for wocky day.