Pirate Xweetok

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Basketball

Pirate Xweetok

Post by Basketball »

Here it is........

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Credits to Jellyneo.net

Huggles edit: Added the rest of the poses because it's a redraw. Some sort of opinion on the color is required, even if you just want to be the first to post...Especially if you just want to be first.
gidget

Post by gidget »

Wow!

I'm pretty impressed with that. It looks dementedly wicked in the happy pose for such a normally sweet looking pet.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Not to shabby, not to shabby at all :)

I like some poses more than others but someone put a lot of work into this little guy. Everything nicely redrawn, no anatomy issues and well thought through. Good job all around!

It might be just me, but circle pose screams Will Turner ;)
Last edited by zebru on 13 Dec 2006 06:00 am, edited 7 times in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

Oh thanks zebru
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

ooh, wow! For a xweetok, this is very good! and for a pirate, it's pretty good, too! I love the skull and crossbones on its shoulder, and the peghand. The little vest/tabard/whatever is cute on it. And a scar! I love scars.

And the scar does what it's supposed to!

I'm enthusiastic about that. Overall, I think it's a great pirate; I never thought I'd say I like a Xweetok quite as much as I like this one. I'd want it, except that pirate is too expensive.

I'm sad that its little ponytail is only visible in a couple poses. Pity.
Image Image
duenorth

Post by duenorth »

Oh my god. Oh my god.

This is the first color that I've ever looked at and said "...I want that pet."

Now to start praying for a Fountain Faerie quest, I suppose, 'cause other wise there's no way I'll ever have enough money for a Pirate Paint Brush.
old world underground where are you now?
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I love everything but the circle pose, which is not something I'd ever imagined saying about a xweetok. The scar looks like an extended part of the mouth line and it appears to have a caveman brow ridge or lazy eye. Actually, it looks more like a friendly zombie than a surly pirate. It's not bad, but strange. I think that if it must have a bandana, it shouldn't be so close to the color of the hair. I'm still not a fan of the brush or it's price, but this is very nice. The beaten pose is adorable. For some inexplicable reason, I really like pets or people sticking out their tongues in exasperation or to blow raspberries.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Huggles wrote:Actually, it looks more like a friendly zombie than a surly pirate.
And thus my fondness for this pet is explained.
Image Image
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

EEE. I SHOUTED when i saw this!

This completely makes up for the crappy Xweetoks we got on Xweetok day xD I love how they kept it accurate, I love all the little details. I love the fact it's a complete redraw and not just a Xweetok with random pirate decorations tacked on. This is my favorite pirate pet now, and not just because I'm a rabid Xweetok fan.

Too bad I flat out refuse to pay the price for a pirate paint brush, even for a lovely Xweetok.

Oh my goodness, but I do want one of these for my Xweetok account... too bad it's already planned out... agh. Decisions decisions. Why oh why can't pirate be a labable color?
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Ooh. I didn't even notice that it had a bandana until it was pointed out to me. XD; Just goes to show that it probably should be slightly a different color.

But this is really good! I like how whoever drew it really looks like they put a lot of effort into making this look right. It's got a nice swarthy piratical attitude thing going on, even if it does kind of look like it has a caveman brow thing. The peghand is a little odd, mostly we see that kind of thing on feet, not arms, but hey! It's original! :O

This is my favorite pose:

Tee hee. So cute! :D

And I give it many extra points for the ponytail, just because it amuses me. Pity you can't see it most of the time ;-;
<3
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

I like the way the face looks not so girly, it's a good change for xweetoxes
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I love the happy pose... and pretty much all the other poses except circle. Oh well, it's still a very nicely-done pet, and it's nice to see it as a complete redraw.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Overall, it's quite cute. I love the red jacket! I enjoy pirates with good outfits. It's a pity that the fur is not super shiny, but the cute outfit makes up for that. The bandana is a bit extra, but otherwise it's adorable. It's definitely cuddlable.

My only concern is that the ruf ends up looking like a bit like a beard, which could get frustrating for female pirate xweetoks.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I hate it simply because I was about to buy a Pirate paint Brush and now prices will skyrocket :(

As a colour it is very good, it manages to lose all that sugary xweetok cuteness for the air of a pirate. Though I wouldn't have recognized the scar as such if someone hadn't pointed it out.
LΟL
tupajumikka

Post by tupajumikka »

Mmmm.. I don't like it at all. Bleh. Boring.