Christmas Ruki

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Basketball

Christmas Ruki

Post by Basketball »

Introducing the Christmas Ruki...

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Sorry, I actually like the baby blue (since it is my favorite color, lol) but I wouldn't want it as my pet.
Last edited by Basketball on 16 Dec 2006 04:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

I would recommend that you actually include an opinion on the pet color when you make a topic about it.

For myself, I hate it, but then, I tend to dislike all Christmas pets. I don't like saturated complementary colors (bright red with bright green), and I don't like silly froofy Christmas gear. Its bell is cute, though.
Image Image
potclover

Post by potclover »

I'm not a huge fan of most Christmas pets the Zafara and Cybunny are exceptions. This one I wouldn't get. the Mitten, Muff things look awkward and the bow looks out of place. I do have to agree though that the bell is a nice touch
Neopets//potcloverthegreat
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I have a soft spot Christmas pets just because they all have a festive wintery feel to them (however tacky and eyeburning a lot of them are).
Blue they chose for ruki's body definitely fits in eyeburning category but overall it's a cute pet. I like how boots look in happy pose, but the whole outfit feels way too much in battledome poses.
Last edited by zebru on 16 Dec 2006 02:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

Not that I would ever get one, but when I saw the topic title, I really wanted it to be a red body with a long, bushy, white beard and big, bushy, white eyebrows. That would've been much cuter. Like the ruki in the Cyodrake's Gaze plot, but with festive, holiday spirit.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Wtf? No. Just...no. This has no aesthetic value whatsoever. Zero. None. Just because it's an Xmas pet and a relatively cheap brush does not mean that you should let Adam have a go at it. Even if I was a fan of the excessive costuming, I prefer simple Christmas pets that I'd be able to tolerate all year, it doesn't fit and it doesn't match. If the ruki had been white, it would have been the teeniest bit better, but all the other crap would still make it suck.

Here's a nice idea for a Christmas ruki. Make the little segments on its arms, legs, and antennae, red and white. Yay candycanes! Then make the rest of the body a darker green, red, or white. Leave the bow, if you must, but make it less obnoxiously big. Or, go the other route and do some of the less garish Xmas colors like hunter green and gold. Just about anything would have been better than this.

Christmas is usually an awful color anyway, but there are some decent pets out there. Note that the tuskaninny uses the same basic colors, but doesn't look like crap.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
EofS

Post by EofS »

The 80s are coming, the 80s are coming!

Sorry, they just *really* remind me of legwarmers. The... arm things it has.

Otherwise... the colourscheme needs a serious rethink.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

....It's ugly and retarded looking.

</intelligent opinion
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Xulael

Post by Xulael »

Needs more fire.

~X
[ X goes by Xulael on most sites ]
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

...Oh, I guess I do have something else to say. Is it just me, or do some parts of the Christmas Ruki look like old art to anyone? I'm really noticing the arm warmers in particular (in all the poses except beaten of course). They just have weak lines, and for some reason they stick out as being very flat to me.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
hauntedoll

Post by hauntedoll »

I actually like the idea of armwarmers, the way they did them just wasn't the best possible I guess. The socks and bow are a bit too much and I don't quite understand why it's light blue.

The Christmas Ruki would have also been a great chance for them to fit in some candy canes *pokes arms, legs and antennas*

Here's a quickie to show what I ment and that I couldn't have done it any better myself n__n;
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

Using the icy colour is an interesting change. Itès not the cutest ruki out there, though.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

The accessories, the color scheme, and the damn hat SUCK. Way too ugly and busy.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Ugh. ew ew ew.

What an -awful- color to pick. It makes the Ruki look very -old-. You can barely see the shading on him, and I'm just getting this 'flat' feeling, like you do from looking at older pets that lack significant shading - kind of like the blue aisha in this case.

I too dislike most Christmas pets, with the exception of the Peophin which I think is lovely, and the Bori (which I actually -own-) and this is no exception. The boots look ridiculous, its wearing leg warmers on its ARMS, and the hat looks really copied-and-pasted on without any attention to how it would actually fit on the ruki's head.

Well, I guess I'll go back to only liking faerie rukis.

ETA -
Usul_Princess wrote:Is it just me, or do some parts of the Christmas Ruki look like old art to anyone? I'm really noticing the arm warmers in particular (in all the poses except beaten of course). They just have weak lines, and for some reason they stick out as being very flat to me.
Haha, I didn't notice this until AFTER i posted, but yeah, that's almost exactly how I feel. It just feels so OLD. Blegh.
Last edited by Jessi on 16 Dec 2006 06:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Usul_Princess wrote:...Oh, I guess I do have something else to say. Is it just me, or do some parts of the Christmas Ruki look like old art to anyone? I'm really noticing the arm warmers in particular (in all the poses except beaten of course). They just have weak lines, and for some reason they stick out as being very flat to me.
You're not the only one who thought it looked like really old art. o_O That was the first thing that I thought when I looked at it, too. I can't place why, but the Ruki bits that peek out through the super-overdone outfit do seem like it.

And the colors blind me. I think that might be my least favorite shade of blue ever. Egh... way too overdone.

Also, well... It's a Ruki. :D;
<3