Tyrannian Lenny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

It really just looks like a generic tyrannian paint job to me, very rushed and last minute. Really not great. Kinda cartoony and I really would've liked a moa or a dodo.
Last edited by Happy on 07 Feb 2006 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Set by Maniac (PPT) // Wooble by MM
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

D: What happened to my archaeopteryx/other-cool-prehistoric-bird Tyrannian Lenny!?

*cries*
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Nah... too cartoony by miles. And too Mutant. There are plenty of prehistoric flying creatures - couldn't they've based it on one of those instead? It's a shame - I thought the Lenny was finally getting the respect it deserved.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

*Note to self: If I move to Cali and can't find job working on studying earthquakes...get temp job as Neopets artist and redraw the Tyrannian Lenny to look like a skree*

Good god! If it wasn't a lenny, I'd like it. As it is a lenny, I just don't like it because lennies are suppose to have good colors. Not this crap.
Madge

Post by Madge »

They attempted a Pteranadon and failed.

I was so hoping for an Archaeopteryx, too.

*dissapointment*
Chips

Post by Chips »

Aww that's a shame :( Lenny usually have such awesome colours, but this isn't :( Poor Lenny. *pokes it*
Umbreonmog

Post by Umbreonmog »

What the hell is this thing? It's not quite a prehistoric bird or a pterodactyl, and it doesn't blend the traits of the two gracefully at all. What a humongous letdown. Like the rest of you, I'm so used to excellent Lenny redraws that I didn't consider the possibility they could make Tyrannian look this bad. And it's not just cartoony, it's really crappy cartoony.

That beak! *shudder*
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

I actually like it. I mean, it's like a Tyrannosaur crossed with a pterodactyl and a muttaburrasaurus, with a little bit of Lenny thrown in on the side. I mean, when compared to some of the ideas there could have been, this is just stupid. But ignoring all forms of ancient bird life, this is actually kind of nice. My only complain is those odd looking fin thingies where its wings should go...I mean... there's a random blob of skin hanging down... three fingers... and.. a thing in between them. Not a wing flap, a thing.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Chips wrote:Aww that's a shame :( Lenny usually have such awesome colours, but this isn't :( Poor Lenny. *pokes it*
Well, except for this and Darigan. Which I totally blocked from my mind because I despise it so much. :/
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

it's horrible! the beak is just way too big - this colour had way more potential
----------------------
Happy

Post by Happy »

I like the beak, it's from a dodo! :) But I agree that more could've been done.
ImageImage
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

I think it's a bit cool...gotta love those sharp teeth. I don't like it enough to pay for it, but if I got it from the lab, I'd keep it. It suits Waterefinn's personality, like the Mutant Zafara...why is TNT making more demented/angry/insane looking pets lately?

I think the "tumor" in the wing on the Ranged Attack is a shading error...
Last edited by Silverevilchao on 07 Feb 2006 03:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy

Post by Happy »

Silverevilchao wrote:...why is TNT making more demented/angry/insane looking pets lately?
To combat the sudden rush of uber-cute pets of course.
ImageImage
VanillaCoke

Post by VanillaCoke »

Is its just me or are there annoying neon green dots on the defence and both attack poses.
I don't' know if I like it, nice idea but it's like they didn't think how the different bits of the body should be drawn together.
Chandi

Post by Chandi »

I can't see the neon green on the attack poses, if it's there, but there's a definite spot on the talon of its right foot in the defense pose.

The sad pose makes me want to hug it... poor big bird can't see :) Otherwise... mweh.