Tyrannian Lenny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
sassa_wiz

Post by sassa_wiz »

Meh, i can't really decide if i like it of not. If i get it from a zap I'll definitely keep it. it has a grumpy old man attitude to, which i could work a personality out for.

Image Wax on Wax of
Akerin

Post by Akerin »

It's ugly.. yes. But at the same time it's oversized beak makes me smile. I'd say I feel the same way about this one as I feel about the Darigan Kacheek. :)
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

I'm sorry, but with the awesome level of possibility for a Tyrannian Lenny, I find what we were given foul and offensive. It's just not acceptable in my book. Makes me lament I even mentioned wanting a Tyrannian Lenny to show up.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I actually like this new color.
The battledome poses are funny.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

It isn't a bad pet, it's just a bad lenny! Lenny has basic colourfills better than this! It does have a lot of personality though, even if it doesn't seem to have eyes...
Ah well, I rather like the island lenny, so in my eyes lenny day is not totally lost.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

You know what really bugs me about this...no flying dinosaur that I know of ever had a Popeye chin going on. I swear, if they wanted to do a pelican they should have made a maraquan instead. This is like...two of TNT's artist fought over what redraw they were going to do and somebody came in and said, "Well, why not combine the two ideas." and instead of thinking it over and telling the idiot to go away they decided that it was a cool idea and went with it. :roll:
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

At first I thought it was Mutant then I remembered there alreasy was a Mutant. Then I thought 'My gawd what did they DO to Mutant?!' then I saw it was Tyrannian and my brain imploded O_o
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Sammi

Post by Sammi »

Gah, lennies are suppose to look wise and graceful, not like this! *seethes* I suppose it's because lennies are blessed with so many lovely colourfills and redraws already, I was expecting too much. It's a pretty decent tyrannian pet, especially compared to the others, but I would have loved a beautiful prehistoric bird... *sighs*
jeti

Post by jeti »

Akjara wrote:Well, it's not what I expected. But the longer I look at it, the more it grows on me.
... Like some sort of benign tumour.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

Heh yes, I thought this was mutant too and then had a minor heart attack about them revamping it into this.

I'm really not impressed with this to be honest, I was really hoping for something a lot prettier. Many of the tyrannian pets are ugly but I sometimes feel like they're just taking the easy way out - the lupe and peophin for starters show that pretty + tyrannian works just as well. So much potential for this colour combination, yet it looks like Lennies will be stuck with this and island for their day :/

I was really hoping for a good tyrannian, maraquan, grey or royal - meh.
Marah
Human Avatar: 506145

Post by Marah »

At first I thought it was Mutant then I remembered there alreasy was a Mutant. Then I thought 'My gawd what did they DO to Mutant?!' then I saw it was Tyrannian and my brain imploded O_o
Heh, yes, first thing I did was check the properties too to check if it wasn't a second mutant or something. It has that deformed mutant look/
Float

Post by Float »

I definitly made the expression that the angry one has on, but now I like it. Ranged attack=awesome.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Well, thats not right. No they got it wrong, wrong!
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

And its not an Archaeopteryx because...............? There had better be a fucking good reason.
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

This pose is hilarious.

But I don't like it. Its not so bad simply as an image, but they could have made it any number of cool prehistoric/extinct birds or bird-like dinosaurs, like a moa or elephant bird or dodo, or a Diatryma or Ornithomimus... meh.

Some how, it also strikes me as anatomically unreasonable. The beak changes size and shape in the different poses (compare happy and close range).
ImageImageImageImageImageImage