Starry Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Starry Ogrin

Post by zebru »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

They are really showing their love for the species, aren't they?
Not the best colour for ogrin as its body is already quite tiny and doesn't leave much space for stars making it look every busier than usual. I do like the shade of blue they used for belly and feet, goes rather nice with washed out yellow.

Some effort for the second Ogrin Day colour would be fair.
Last edited by zebru on 27 Dec 2006 06:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

UGHH!!!! i feel like the ogrin totally misses out on all the stuff that pets who've just been released get! I really hope TNT makes a atleast one more redraw for the poor pet soon cause its got soo much potential imo. Starry is OK...but other than that i'd like to see something as good as Baby Ogrin, preferably a cool maraquan or a nice faerie redraw...come on TNT don't let me down !!! :x
sureq

Post by sureq »

The starry colour is very ho-hum. But this is the first time i've noticed how long the neck of the ogrin is on the sad pose o.o

they replaced the strips with the stars along its back, so the sides of the ogrin remain blue, but the stars shift in the hit pose i think. They seem to be running down the ogrins side in that one.
ImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

It's very meh. I like how they did the stars but it really doesn't do it for me. I don't mind the ogrin at all and I totally love the baby ogrin. I do hope that they get a good redraw for their day since they've been pretty much ignored since they've been brought out.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Does anyone at TNT look at the Starry Eyrie and see it as example? 'Cause they obviously don't, I say they should, since the Starry Ogrin's colors are washed out and dull, and, to top it off, the stars make it EVEN BUSIER than it was normally. x.x;;

Seriously, TNT, kill this species now, instead of waiting 2 years from now.
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

In the Wocky, I liked that they used a duller yellow for the ruff, because the stars on its body were bright yellow. But the Ogrin does not have any noticeable bright colour, so using the dull yellow for the ruff, mane, and tail makes the whole Ogrin look dull. I do like the pale blue in the underside.

I think the stars should have been fewer in number and bigger in size. Also, the stars should have been outlined in the same orange that the Wocky stars were outlined in.

Overall, I would say there are way cuter Ogrin colours than this.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

The yellow for the mane and stuff covers as much area as the starry part :P

I think starry is a lovely color when it's done right, and awful when it's done wrong. This is... wrong. Even if I liked Ogrins I wouldn't like this. Silverevilchao is right, it's way too busy.

*crosses fingers for a good redraw for the poor neglected Ogrin*
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

WOW BEST COLOR EVER.

I jest.

It just makes me feel better to lie about it. What a HORRIBLE shade of yellow! I don't even care that I hate ogrins, they deserve a decent color every now and then!
Laborama

Post by Laborama »

I don't understand what you guys mean by "busy". I like ogrins, and though this color for them isn't the best, it's not that bad. We could've got something like that horrible darigan gelert where a three year old drew it. I rate this 7/10 :)
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

I think that the color of the yellow does not work well with the ogrin.
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

needed to add this to get it off my chest, lol

the ogrin is just way too skinny of a pet...that any type of pattern looks completely cluttered on it. I think if there was more substance than the ogrin could be more appreciated. So in conclusion, make the ogrin fatter!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

ARGH, dammit, TNT, you'd better come out with a hell of a redraw this year. >> I've been waiting for Ogrin day for ages now, and if all you come up with is a lazy recolor that isn't even that good for a Starry pet in the first place... *shakes fist*

But anyway, yeah. way too much yellow, and it's a pretty dull yellow at that. the mane should've been a dark blue, at least. I do like the placement of the stars, though, but overall pretty "meh" as far as starry goes...
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Looka me! I can post recolors :) I left the tassel things yellow, because starry does need some yellow, but I think this is at least some improvement. It's still cluttered, though.

adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Wow. I guess I am different to everyone else, in fact when I saw this topic I didn't have high hopes and then I opened it and I wasn't as disappointed as I could have been. Before reasing any replies I thought to myself, I like how the mane is yellow, it's quite nice but not something I'd go out and paint. But I have not seen one reply from someone who likes this pet, except maybe Laborama.
Skiler

Awwww.... -_-

Post by Skiler »

God, poor ogrins... I'm a proud owner of one AND I love it's Yellow Colour since the hatch (the ghost catched a little bit my attention but not enough to choose another colour for my beloved pet). It's just.... A bit disgusting. Never I liked the Starry Colour, despite it looks more cooler on the avatars rather than on the pets themselves... I don't even bet for a recolour, and, if it needs a redraw, I:
-Will love if instead of tufts on the ears and tail they displayed some furry STARS, yes, that will be my dreamed Starry neopet. A neopet with tips ended on stars. They will wag their stars at you insolently and you will feel the urge to grab those waging shinning stars *plays catfully*

Lol, I guess I'm ran out of neurons. Even I don't know why I displayed that in BOLD. Oh yeah... Starry tips.... Hmmm..... I love the blue and the washed yellow tought :X

PS: What about the X-mas Ogrins :P Image
ImageImageImage