Christmas Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Well, it could have been a lot worse. I read Christmas ogrin and thought "Oh God! They've gone and pulled another eyrie disaster or they've gone and dressed it up." This is rather nice really. For some reason it doesn't look nearly as busy to me as the basic colored ogrins. Probably because the stripes are on slightly darker than the back. Aside from the baubles, it looks nice and would have made a nice green.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

well it could've been a lot worse, christmas is a color that tnt usually kills pets with but they let the ogrin live, barely
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I don't mind it. I'm not a fan of Christmas or Ogrins. But I like the baubles, and I'm glad it doesn't have any kind of ridiculous wreath accessories. I think they ought to have used a richer shade of brown, but the color is completely inoffensive to me. Sure, it's boring. But I can't find anything wrong with it.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

zebru wrote:I like the understated look as well - it's not particularly xmassy but the colour scheme is very pleasing to look at. Which is more that can be said for tomorrow's probable advent item (according to jellyneo):

Image :?

And don't you see, if we wait another year for a redraw (what's two years compared to infinity really?) it will be extra special and meaningful... yeah.
WTF is that item?

Anyways, when I first saw it in the news, I, too, thought it was Island. Does TNT WANT us to hate this species or something?
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

lol, by looking at the Neopets Calendar animation it shows how bad they could have made it.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

It's alright...
Last edited by Lou 500 on 28 Dec 2006 07:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

If you look at the Ogrin's Circle pose, it kind-of seems like it's eyes are crossed.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Oh look, they lighted the dark green on the last release, how nice. Now it looks better than the first pic from the servers :)
well it could've been a lot worse, christmas is a color that tnt usually kills pets with but they let the ogrin live, barely
So true, but I still don't understand why they do great with the X-mas petpets. It seems like the artists for pets and petpets are very "different" and "separated" departments :|
ImageImageImage
Alicorn
Human Avatar: 160932

Post by Alicorn »

I have to agree that it isn't tacky and overly done as some of the other christmas pets which is good. Though to me it just doesn't give that christmas feel. To me its more islandish feel to it. I mean they could of done something really nice without over doing it. Look at the christmas peophin..very simple, has a christmas feel and very pretty. Poor ogrin, they could of defently used a good redraw. **pats the ogrin** Maybe they'll pull a xweetok and give us a redraw a few days later...maybe.
Sig/Av by: thelonetiel
Laborama

Post by Laborama »

I don't understand why so many dislike the poor ogrin. I think it's adorable :3.

I find this color quite attractive on the Ogrin. It's not too tacky with a million ugly accessories, and I like the brown and the stripes. I did hope for a redraw, but I guess Tnt had to do the ogrin day colors at the last minute....I dunno. I give this 7.5/10
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

After seeing the rather tacky Ogrin in the animation for Ogrin day, the one they actually gave us looks much better.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

yvonne_l_d wrote:After seeing the rather tacky Ogrin in the animation for Ogrin day, the one they actually gave us looks much better.
I don't know I thought the animation one was rather cute, and reindeer horns would probably have actually worked on this pet...
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
DamionDarkheart

Post by DamionDarkheart »

This pet doesn't exist and that plushie is one of the ugliest things I've ever seen.

There's far too much brown and the ornaments look stupid.
"Blah blah blah into the pie, bitch." Image
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

The colour itself would be great if the pet weren't so gaudy without the trappings.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(