Desert Gelert

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Skiler

Desert Gelert

Post by Skiler »

I don't know if I'm able to do it but I will try :P

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Personally, I guess they did a wonderful job with this :D Since the Desert Hissi, this is now my second desert themed pet, yep :mrgreen: Well, they could make it a bit more "moody" on the happy poses and stuff (like to look at us with a happy grin perhaps?). Hope they edit that stiffy stuff (circle and happy), 'cos I really like the angry pose and the battledome ones, specially the strong lineart of them.

Edit: Okay, all edited :mrgreen: Still I wonder to who is staring at this pet and why I can't prevent to recall Disney's Pluto :|
Last edited by Skiler on 29 Dec 2006 10:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I like it. It looks really stationary, almost 2-dimensional but NOT in a bad way-- like an egyptian art kind of way, like something that came alive off the tomb walls. :) EDIT: That is to say, the main poses look that way. The battledome poses are all really dynamic and I think well done.

Nice pet, looks redrawn, and the brush isn't too pricey last time I checked. Overall, a really nice addition to gelerts.
Last edited by Ailiel on 29 Dec 2006 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

1st to post!! It's really smooth looking. I don't care for the clothes too much, but the face is gorgeous! All the expressions look nice too.

EDIT: Damn it Ailiel :P!
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

For some of the poses, it seems they shrunk it down too far from their original canvas, or something--the lines are bizarrely thin and gross. Therefore I don't like it. Really, I can't even see past it. Yuck.

(Skiler, when you post a bunch of pictures in a row, make sure to hit Enter after every three, or at least put a space between them--otherwise it makes some browsers scroll, and makes the thread unreadable. I added some returns for you.)
Image Image
Aoi-lan

Post by Aoi-lan »

I like the close attack and angry poses.. the circle and happy have wonky lines, they're too thin compared to the others o-o Sad is a little wobbly and ranged attack looks like it's falling rather than pouncing..

The beaten is a little overdone, I think, it has too much lint-ish stuff hanging all over it >>
Fish

Post by Fish »

I like it, but I just can't help but see the gross anatomical incorrectness. It's mostly in the feet, but in the first attack pose (ranged I guess) that thing wouldn't scare me, it'd be falling onto it's face.

Bleh.
<B>highly</b>FLAMMABLE<I>animal</i>
<a href="http://subeta.org/userinfo.php?user=158800">See: Feezl</a>
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

I love it! I want it, but I just blew all my NP on a Royal PB. *Woe*
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

It has ear muffs and a diaper - why?

And like Ty said, the lineart is all kinds of jacked up.

Yuck, take it away.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Kamil wrote:It has ear muffs and a diaper - why?

And like Ty said, the lineart is all kinds of jacked up.

Yuck, take it away.
Yeah, it seems like they wipped the white background with a magical eraser and the outlines turned sharpy and thinier :P Plus the default pose and happy ones have their outlines painted with dark brown. Guess they will edit that (or the ghost of slacking will eat them before New Year :) )

PS: The diaper and muffs are hylarious but I remember that TNT is random, as I saw for the poor Pirate Meowclops, lol :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Agh, why are its ears PIXELATED? :shock:
I swear, my eyes keep making a beeline towards it.
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
ladynight6

Post by ladynight6 »

I like the eyes, the necklace and those bracelet thingies. Other than that it looks kinda funny. I don't really like the ears, they don't fit into the box, so the curving forwards there doesnt seem natural like in the other gelert colours...
If they change the ear pads and diaper, it would look nicer... Maybe it's a baby desert gelert and that's why it wears a diaper?
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

I really like it. Even though I'll probably never have a desert pet, I love seeing really elegant regal desert colours. I think this fits the bill. It lookes like a learned scribe at the Lost Desert palace. I love the happy pose, because I generally like that pose in a canine pet. It looks like such a good little doggie. :)
I agree that the ranged attack is completely off balance, though. That pose should have been in the air, in order for it to work.
Actually, it's not a diaper, it's a skirt or loincloth. Egyptian men and women used to dress like that. There are some pictures here: http://www.designerhistory.com/ancient/ ... gypt3.html

The thing on his head is a headdress, like the one seen one here (on the right):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0486295 ... eader-link
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

yvonne_l_d wrote:I really like it. Even though I'll probably never have a desert pet, I love seeing really elegant regal desert colours. I think this fits the bill. It lookes like a learned scribe at the Lost Desert palace.
Actually, it's not a diaper, it's a skirt or loincloth. Egyptian men and women used to dress like that. There are some pictures here: http://www.designerhistory.com/ancient/ ... gypt3.html

The thing on his head is a headdress, like the one seen one here (on the right):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0486295 ... eader-link
I know perfectly well it's supposed to be a loincloth - my point is, it looks like a diaper instead, just as the headdress looks more like earmuffs than anything else.

The desert Uni has a diaper too, and I hate it with the burning passion of a thousand fiery suns as well.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
kerg

Post by kerg »

Circle and happy poses are weird, they're stiff and the lines are messed up. The angry pose is great though, and I love the bracelets. Overall I think it's pretty good.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I think the lines look very pixel-ish in the circle and happy pose, but other than that I LOVE this! I love the redrawn poses, particularly angry, and I think I like it for the same reason I love the grey gelert - it's a lot more solid. The regular gelert looks like a light breeze would tip it over and this looks bulkier, but not in a bad way. If I liked gelerts and desert pets more, I would get this in a heartbeat!