Plushie Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

I don't like this, unfortunately. I thought we would be getting a second colour today other than fire but I thought more along the lines of orange or checkered...
As already pointed out the proportions of the head and mane are off, it's too big in the circle pose. And while I appreciate a toned down colour scheme over bright glaring colours, this shade of pink is just not my cup of tea. Though, it might look good on an account next to a faerie ruki.
Daphie

Post by Daphie »

The only thing I like about this pet is the colour scheme :/ It's similar to the Plushie Cybunny's which is my favourite pet of all time 8D

What bothers me most is the baldness between the ears and also the the weird shape of the head. D:
DAPHIE&
f l i r t a t i o u s ♥
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

I like the colours and the legs and various bits, but the head is AWFUL and the lines are a bit cruddy - it looks pixelly.

Nope, don't like it.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

It's a shame it wasn't a redraw, the colour scheme is lovely and the old fashoned look with the legs is great, but it has a huge chunky head which I am not impressed with :(
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

This is one of the ugliest pets I have seen in a long time. If I saw a plushie like this in the shops I would boggle at it and hurry away.

Release sheared as a colour and all will be forgiven.
Lou 500

Post by Lou 500 »

The large head freaks me out a bit but the thin lines and shading is VERY nice.

*shudders*
solarith

Post by solarith »

Meh. This is one of the colors I was looking forward to, as I really would like to have a Gnorbu, as they're llamas, but have yet to find a color I enjoy. I always seem to enjoy Plushies, so I was hoping for a great Plushie Gnorbu.

Alas, I'm unimpressed with this one. As many said before, the only thing I really like about it is the color scheme. The striping on the legs and ears reminds me of the Cheshire Cat. ;)

Though ... the face is horrendous. Too large and too goofy looking for me to even think about painting my Gnorbu that.

Ah well. I guess I'll keep my Gnorbu Blue for the time being. :)

And I should have realized that hoping for the color would make it turn out bad, after what happened with the Maraquan Kougra.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

Oh my gosh, I love it! Plain and simple! I think it is adorable, and not nearly as garish as some of the other plushie pets.

I usually hate plushie pets, but this is just plain awesome! I think that if I get bored of Geerions current form, she is so totally becoming a Plushie Gnorbu. It looks like a loyal, well loved doll who's been a favourite toy for years.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Wow.. the colorscheme I love.. as well as those adorable buttons.

but yes, the leg sizechanging is creepy, and the head is too big, and too.. not-plushielike with the nose and other bits. And the yarn mane looks like someone didn't want to bother drawing out all the yarn.

..which is a shame.. if it were better executed, I'd be tempted to pray for a FFQ for this.. as it is I'll keep that FFQ prayer for my battle pet to become a pretty Moehog.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
Ellie

Post by Ellie »

When I first saw it all I could think of was 'smoof'. Dunno why. But it's cuuuuuuute, and the colors aren't eye-exploding! It could so easily have been something like the plushie bori.

That pose reminds me so much of 'The Emperor's New Groove' when Kuzco slaps himself across the face and goes, 'Bad llama!'.

It kind of reminds me of the plushie uni (my favorite plushie pet) because the colours are nice and subtle, but Mr. Smoofyllama is more cartoonish.

EDIT: Also, the eyes aren't buttons just as they aren't on the plushie uni.
Sodapop

Post by Sodapop »

I don't like it. Everything I was planning on saying has already been taken. Haha.
Name is Sodapop
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Looks like an old "over-washed" rag doll. If for the inconsistences of the legs and head is, perhaps it's due to his cotton filling and elastic fabric. As I like to state: I hate PINK. I still preffer the aisha, buzz, gelert, hissi, korbat and skeith above the other plushies.
ImageImageImage
spunkeh

Plushie Gnorbu

Post by spunkeh »

The colour suites them nicely. But, they seem to look different than regular gnorbus. o.0 I don't know why, I guess its just me. =P (don't get me wrong, they are still adorable.) =3
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

The face is cute, but the size inconsistancies are driving me up the wall just thinking about them!

It's got a nice color scheme, but I understand what someone said about it being "gross" looking. The mane looks like an old ragged janitor mop instead of like a stuffed animal mane. Also, it's so busy. Like you can get a seizure just looking at it for 10 seconds.

With all that said, it's cute in its own little way, but this is leagues away from buying a 2.9m paint brush. 4/10.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
TearsoftheMoon

Post by TearsoftheMoon »

For me, I either really love their plushie form or I really hate it. There doesn't seem to be any in between.

I really hate this one. The color scheme is fine, but I agree with Usul_Princess that it's too busy, no stripes on the legs would have suited me just fine. I don't care for the mane, either, though I understand their choice for it.

As for the eyes, it seems like Neopets designers are going for more realistic eyes in the pets than they did with some of the earlier ones. I prefer them better to the eyes that, for example, a plushie Peophin has.

I do have to ask a question, though. What do you mean when you say something isn't a redraw?