Starry Gnorbu

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Joeno

Starry Gnorbu

Post by Joeno »

Odd, didn't see this posted elsewhere. My script's actually starting to be the first to detect stuff (and don't worry - it'll actually all be automatic very soon).

Image Image

Spot the error.

Anyway, a quite simple, standard Starry colour. You can't say much about those.
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

Do you mean the error where they eliminated the less-silly circle pose?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Hmm, I'm rather surprised they didn't opt for a gold mane as well. I understand it probably could have looked to busy, but having it the same colour as the body is just...weird.

Meh, Robot's still the only colour I've liked of Gnorbus so far. I'm still bitter about the original.

Though I am looking forward to mutant/darigan/halloween/possibly grey if they don't use the crappy artist. I would love to see Shroomy do it. =3
Image Image
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

I'm relieved they didnt make the mane golden. The thing's already too big and conspicuous.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lucifer_Apollyon

Re: Starry Gnorbu

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Joeno wrote:Spot the error.
Aside from the fact that they have the ranged attack pose confused (left should be right and visa versa) as the star on the ear (just one star on the ear) should be on the other ear. O.o
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

The nose looks odd to me, like it should possibly be shaded a little more. Other than that I think it's pretty. Usually I don't like starry, but I think it's quite nice on the gnorbu. Wish they'd give it white if they haven't already. Strangely, white is probably my favourite cheap colour. I hope it's done nicely when they do get around to it; I could be seriously tempted by a white gnorbu even though I've already got a white bori on my main, and had a white tonu for years.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

Here it is :P

I think the Starry Gnorbu looks alright, if it was a golden mane I think it'd be pretty horrid looking.
ImageImage
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

I like brown gnorbus. O.o I want one really badly, but don't have any idea what I'd actually do with one.

The starry is very pretty on the Gnorbus and I wish they'd colored the eyrie's mane the same color, though, I'm going to make mine a appalousa hippoeyrie, so the pitiful "holder" pic is nothing compared to Kyleriah's greatness once she's painted the right color. XD
Last edited by Lucifer_Apollyon on 08 Feb 2006 09:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Figment
Girl Anachronism

Post by Figment »

I'm kind of relieved that I don't like the white gnorbu. The thick lines (one of the several things that keeps me from completely adoring the pet) are too prominent against the white colouring. Starry is actually a bit nicer; the lines aren't as noticeable against the darker blues. They would have been glaring with a yellow mane, so I am also glad they didn't go that route. Wonder how the eyes would look yellow/gold, though; I don't care for the brown, just as I don't care for the blue of white. I hope that this doesn't become one of those pets whose eyecolour is a perpetual annoyance to me.
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

Starry is nice. White is even nicer. I still like this pet a lot and I can't wait to see more colours, not only redraws. Though it has a lot of potential for those, as you can see with Robot
Joeno

Post by Joeno »

The (minor) error I was referring to was the missing text on the photo pose (which normally reads "A photo of me!"), but I guess that's not as obvious.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Oooh...the missing text on the photo!

And the messed up circle pose.

And the missing star.

Well, I like the colors...

And, wow, Joeno, you added the 80 by 80 piccys now! Yay! :D
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

The starry one is better because of the lack of Chomby footprints.
Since the white one comes with Chomby prints I don't like it. :-/
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

It's nice, I'm not sure about the lilac in the ears and for the irises... I think starry pets should have nice amber eyes, (like the gold zafara for preference). Like this:

But I do like the blue mane, definitely, and the stars are pretty well-placed.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Ooh, the blue mane is so pretty :D *pets it* Pretty good Starry pet, I like it quite a bit.