Royal Elephantes

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
sureq

Royal Elephantes

Post by sureq »

Image Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

My first thought was: I love them.

The royal girl is especially, so very pretty, very regal looking. Loving the Indian theme :)
Last edited by sureq on 17 Jan 2007 02:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Hoofs

Post by Hoofs »

See here is the problem.... Ummm I need one and here in lies the problem I need both of them! They are both exquisit thier colors are nice and muted, and the theme is original. An exellent addition to the Royal family in my opinion.
WildFang

Post by WildFang »

I like it, it's really original!!!
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

Oh wow, I actually really like them. way better than I thought they'd be. but really, they're quite nice. neat concept, nice coloring, and not too gaudy or overly-detailed as a lot of royals tend to be.

for some reason I find the boy's beaten pose to be absolutely adorable. awww.

and I really like how the royal color is moving away from the cliche old pretty-pretty-princess idea... a lot of the older royals were like that and I didn't really like any of those much at all, but lately they've been far more varied and interesting.
Last edited by Saturn on 17 Jan 2007 02:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Basketball

Post by Basketball »

When I first saw them I was like...INDIAN THEME. I like them both but I like the male better. I don't know why though :D

I also like the little elf looking shoes :)
Last edited by Basketball on 17 Jan 2007 03:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
sureq

Post by sureq »

for some reason I find the boy's beaten pose to be absolutely adorable. awww.
which is pretty awesome actually considering the beaten pose of most elephante is pretty dreadful IMO
ImageImage
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Oh no! Gosh darn!!

I cannot afford another pet right now! I can't justify one! I have no room for starters D=

These are both really nice, I was really surprised going to the news page, but that was replaced with some 'DAMNITS!'

Anyway, I need to go and re-evaluate some things o.o;
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I was thinking, "Oh, fuck, a royal elephante? ._." when I saw this.

But then I squeed.

These are -lovely-, as far as elephantes go! I know a lot of people here hate anthro royals, but I still think these are wonderful, and yay a new theme! I like it when TNT does new themes for royal pets :3 Very very nice. Too bad there was no elephante revamp, though.
Monkeyguy

Post by Monkeyguy »

Wow, I've always thought that Elephantes had the potential to be great and here is the proof!
Image Image Image
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw these on the news. They both have such lovely expressions on their happy/circle poses, very prettily drawn clothes (even if that turban is a little iffy) and I really love how their eyes are drawn.
Which brings me to notice how common looking are the poses where they have their eyes shut - mostly battle poses. I have no idea why is that - they don't feel drawn as good either.

Out of the two I prefer royal girl for the colour scheme (and awesome happy and angry poses). Purple they used on boy doesn't work for me.

Among better royals, these :)
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Sigh_Driven

Post by Sigh_Driven »

oh... muh.... gawd....
I want one. No. Five. Give me them all!
I only liked TWO other elephantes until THIS! *grabs the girl and runs*
No remorse because I still remember... The smile when you tore me apart.
Erin

Post by Erin »

Very cute. Though the royalgirl looks like she sneezed a glob of purple snot onto her hand.
lika_101

Post by lika_101 »

I really really REALLY like them both, especially the male. It's very original and well done. :D
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

OMG now I picture all Elephantes as speaking with a hilariously stereotyped Indian accent.

The various ethnicities (when they bother with them) are pretty much the main justification for Royal to exist.
Kari

Post by Kari »

They're so simple, and that's why I like them. They didn't try to squeeze in a billion parts of detail, and still pull it off so well.
derp