Camouflage Lenny

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Camouflage Lenny

Post by Trick »

Bang go my hopes for a second Lenny Day redraw colour *sniff*

Image Image Image

I like the colours on this guy, they look pretty natural. The different coloured tail feathers are a nice touch ^^ (images sometimes aren't loading also)
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

I do like the colors, but I don't like them paired with the orange of the legs and beak. Clashy, or maybe not clashy enough? I don't know.

I would have preferred a grey, I think. Or... actually, I dunno. All I know is I don't like the orange.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Agreed :? The beak and legs look all wrong. Maybe it's more camouflagy that way, but... I don't like it much. And I've liked almost all the camo pets so far.

The feathers in the beaten pose look like fallen leaves, which is kind of cool.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

That's not so bad.
He does look like a pile of autumn leaves.

So, is this camouflage lenny a member of the elite lenny military strike force, sent to infiltrate... something brown, or is he out gettign in touch with his primal instincts by hunting and killing something?

Between this and the prehistoric lenny, they've recieved quite a boost of testosterone this year.
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

I think it suits the Lenny.

Kinda birdy colours....If that makes sense.
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

Meh, I dunno. I was hoping they might make it a little bit more vibrant concerning colours, but I guess this autumn-y tone goes nicely, too :)

Still hoping for a lenny redraw! D:
Akerin

Post by Akerin »

I want to get one and name him Pumpkin_Pie. :D
Just add a squirt of whipped cream to the top of its head, and it'll be perfect.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Meh, it is nice, very nice but not what we want for Lenny Day :evil: Maraquan, much?
Armi

Post by Armi »

This camo color is becoming a common one...Zafara and Kougra have this, and Scorchio kinda does as well.
Not complaining though, it's quite good.

So Island, camo, and tyran lennies for Lenny day?
ImageImage
"Enta, my castle fell again...fix it, kay?" - Laharl
Copycat

Post by Copycat »

Can lennies fly, and therefore deserve.. sky camoflage? Or are they supposed to be like domesticated hens and turkeys and such? I can't seem to recall, but I must admit that I have never been a lenny expert. Luckily for me, Neocolours has Kess for a renowned pile of knowledge of all things Lenny.
Armi wrote:This camo color is becoming a common one...
Those were my thoughts too. I don't know how I feel about camo becoming standardized to particular colors, but Lenny Day sure looks pretty ship-shape.
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

I don't like the colors. It seems as though they were vaguely doing the camo lenny from a pheonix template, too many red hues. Not cool. If they wanted to do a pheonix that's what the fire lenny's for.

As for coloration, the red is all wrong. If they had wanted to do these red hues with brown it should be the camo pteri. You can see the pteri in the bush outside your house or on a birdfeeder, like a real world cardinal. Having brown and redish hued camo would make sense. But the lenny... it has longer legs like a crane. It wouldn't go in the forest where this camo would suggest. It needs camo colors that would be good for the Everglades in Florida or swamps/marshes. Wherever long leged stork type birds hang out, usually by bodies of water. That camo would be very loud for those places, the poor lenny would never catch a fish and eat again. It should have been camoed with brown, greys, grey blues, moss greens, grey greens, and other marshy type wet lands colors.
Deku

Post by Deku »

It looks muddy..and volcano-ish..and strange. I agree camo is becoming common and boring, this looks like a couple of the others. It's a pity Lennies have got one fugly and one boring pet for their day, but hopefully they'll release Island *wants an Island Lenny*.

Um, 3.5/10. Boring and..not suitable for a Lenny at all.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

Copycat wrote:Can lennies fly, and therefore deserve.. sky camoflage? Or are they supposed to be like domesticated hens and turkeys and such? I can't seem to recall, but I must admit that I have never been a lenny expert. Luckily for me, Neocolours has Kess for a renowned pile of knowledge of all things Lenny.
*ahem*
According to the TCG quote for the Blue Lenny:
"Lennies can fly, but their wings can only carry them short distances."

Post by Guest »

Shmoe wrote:I do like the colors, but I don't like them paired with the orange of the legs and beak. Clashy, or maybe not clashy enough? I don't know.

I would have preferred a grey, I think. Or... actually, I dunno. All I know is I don't like the orange.
I think yellow may have worked better. What do you think? Overall a nice colour though :)
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The TCG flavor text was written by cracked out myncis. Yes, lennies can fly. They're just about the only pet aside from the pteri that could realistically do so.