Biscuit Yurble

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

I don't like food pets. I find them sort of kitschy. Could we at least get some icing or sprinkles? A little variety?
CallyKariShokka

Post by CallyKariShokka »

For some reason.. I like this. I don't know why, but I actually like the biscuit Yurblyness. o_o

Mebbe I'll lab for one. *sneaky*
Copycat

Post by Copycat »

You know, I was just thinking we needed another alternative to somehow speckle or spot our neopets. Not really, but I suppose that's sort of.. how it's looking? Other than the randomly placed cookie body parts, though unlike on the Ruki, there aren't any here.
I'd like to thank whoever decided NOT to do something stupid with their big swirly ear.. tentacle.. horn.. things.
Deku

Post by Deku »

Ew, I feel sick(er) looking at it. It's all crusty and..ew >_>; It looks like it's been playing in sand or something..1/10

I third what Kidnemo/Angelique Elf said.
pet_beauty_shop

Post by pet_beauty_shop »

The ears definitely should have been cinnamon rolls.
Shazzbaa

Post by Shazzbaa »

*crawls out from under the rock of Colour Theory HW*

*blinks in disbelief*

*crawls back under rock*

BISCUIT?! They released a freaking BISCUIT colour?! Oh, dear Lord, why?!
*sigh*
We did NOT need more food colours. Remember what I was saying before, about interesting colour fills without stupid accessories? Just more colour options or combinations of colours? Yeah. Do that. Don't do stuff like this. A few magical foods I was okay with. I mean, Chias I understand. Jelly at least came from Jelly world and was supposed to be absurd. But quite honestly I expect my pet to be, well, a PET, not food, and I have no desire to turn a pet INTO food. Don't TNT get it? We don't like the food brushes!

Anyhoo.

Having looked up the other two biscuit colours, the Yurble is the best of the three. It actually looks rather edible and cute, especially in the emotion poses. I don't like the concept of food pets, but I think the Yurble was well-done for what it is.

Except... for the weird gloppiness of the mane in some poses. 0_o
I mean, it looks solid and cookie-like in other poses. For me, it would work better if it were crumbling, so he wouldn't look so... unbaked.
I am the Illustrious Shazzbaa
NyauNyau

Post by NyauNyau »

Maybe it has a cookie dough..dhough..adfjlsdfj.. mane ..o.o
Nothing To See Here
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Bah, I still don't like the term 'biscuit'. I just can't equate cookie with biscuit. A biscuit seems more pastry-like to me. I think I'll just call these cookie pets in my head.

I wish they'd spend time making some actual, nice, fantastic colours instead of lazy edibles. -.-
Image Image
le_diable_blanc

Post by le_diable_blanc »

Amen Mistress Morbid! Biscuit does sound wrong and tnt really needs to be more creative.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

I'm British and I think cookie sounds better, biscuit makes me think of a plain digestive or something.
Illuen

Post by Illuen »

I am pretty sure they would call it cookie if not for the issues with that word.
No spoony bard could spin a sweeter tale.
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Illuen wrote:I am pretty sure they would call it cookie if not for the issues with that word.
True, but I mean..there's other cookie items on neopets. Just because there's the one issue doesn't mean they have to skirt around the word. Biscuit just sounds weird. xP
Image Image
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Mistress Morbid wrote:
Illuen wrote:I am pretty sure they would call it cookie if not for the issues with that word.
True, but I mean..there's other cookie items on neopets. Just because there's the one issue doesn't mean they have to skirt around the word. Biscuit just sounds weird. xP
You know...I was going to say that, but thought better figuring it had already been brought up in a previous discussion. However, yes, they have other cookie items...even the "biscuit jars" are pushing it because TNT already has a "cookie jar". O.o I don't know what TNT was thinking when they named Chocolate Chip pets biscuit. I mean, they could have called them Chocolate Chip Pets instead...would have made more sense seeing as I normally call every other kind of cookie a cookie and Chocolate Chip...well, Chocolate Chip. Unless they do intend on making other varieties of cookie for the pets. O.o
le_diable_blanc

Post by le_diable_blanc »

Maybe it's just those first 3 that look like cookies, and the other pets they'll release will actually look more like biscuits o_O
I dunno, I think they really didn't want to use cookie.
Kidnemo

Post by Kidnemo »

Umm, Jaffa Cake Jubjub?