Maraquan Pteri

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Lou

Post by Lou »

It reminds me of Gill from Finding Nemo.
Float

Post by Float »

Hey not all fish are nice.

Actually, I don't think any fish are particularly nice.. or mean.. but you know what I mean. Reminds me of the darigan bruce in some poses. Personall I love it. I think the marks on the eyes look too much like fire, but don't really care cause it looks cool.

Post by Guest »

[unlurk]

Well, duh! It should have been a FLYING FISH!!

[relurk]
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

Wingsrising wrote:
Lakota wrote:
No but most sea mammals live in the water despite breathing air; sea-faring birds in comparsion do not even spend most of their time under-water. They float atop it or fly over it-- they only dive on occansion.
Right, but most sea mammals don't look like mer-cows, either.

My point was that I don't think high standards of real-world realism are necessary for a Maraquan pet. Hell, most of them could barely swim if you put them under the water. Take any mer-pet (including all Peophins) -- horrible, horrible design for a real-life animal that lives underwater. A Peophin's forelegs, for example, are almost totally useless: they're not much good for swimming and they destroy any streamlining the pet might have had.

But they look cool. Or would if they were revamped.
Lol I misread that as 'sea cow' in your first post. :oops: Which is a real sea mammal. ;) So I thought you were you were saying Earth sea cows don't breath underwater (they don't but they do live in water). :oops: Sorry about that.

Anyways all that's true. Let them make up weird sea ceatures-- this isn't supposed to be completely real anyways. Though I hope they just stop doing more mer-pet ones because we have enough. But how in the world would you keep the feathers in a bird marquran pet without it looking too out of place? :?

And why limit the pteri to bird-only species like that anyways? The marq. acara isn't based off some sea mammal (well tech. it's already one anyways); it's some weird tetacle creature instead in that colour. So it's not too odd for the marquran pteri to be a fish instead of some sea-faring bird. Maybe TNT did try doing it as a sea-faring bird, and this fish design simply won out in the end.

Oh well, it's fine if people don't like this pet. It's their opinion after all. :) Both ideas sound okay I guess.
Hoofs

Post by Hoofs »

It reminds me of Gill from Finding Nemo.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

I really like this, to bad I have almost all my pet spots filled... *sigh*
tehcutiepie

Post by tehcutiepie »

Anonymous wrote:[unlurk]

Well, duh! It should have been a FLYING FISH!!

[relurk]
Nah, those should officially be reserved for Maraquan lennies, methinks ;) Or at least, now they could technically be since all the other bird-pets have been maraquanified already.
Chicken_tail

Post by Chicken_tail »

I'm another one who's glad they didn't turn it into a puffin. Having some colors based on real-life animals is cool, but I think owning a fish-bird is much more unique :)

And as for the pet itself, I really like it. It still has the Pteri's grumpy little attitude, the color choices are lovely, and it's nicely drawn. Not a super original concept (that I know of), but sometimes there doesn't have to be lots of creativity to make a good pet. Plus, it's a Pteri, and having another redrawn color available for that pet is nice in general..
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

I like the concept , the colors and its expression.
Not all who wander are lost.
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

Gosh, I'd forgotten about the Mara Acara.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt

Post by Matt »

I dislike it. I thnink there's too much yellow on ht e bottom, the fin in the back is too big and feather-ish. I'd gladly zap over.