Jelly and Electric Koi

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Jelly and Electric Koi

Post by varii »

Image Image

The coloring for both of these looks really funky to me..especially the jelly.
Symmie

Post by Symmie »

That "jelly" is THE MOST pathetic thing I have ever seen. It looks more like poop than anything. Or maybe a shiny rock.

Electric doesn't even have any visible lightning bolts and that tail being so much darker than the other fin-things is really, uh... different.

BOTH FAIL.
And they didn't open the pound today. BIGGER FAIL.
ImageImage
TCD

Post by TCD »

One looks like chocolate jello. I don't mean pudding, I mean chocolate jello. And electric is icky, too.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

:shock:

(....)

:shock: :shock:

Okay, no one has been more critical than me, but even I never expected to get a burned jelly pet. And whathell happened to the electric's tail? I don't recall ever seeing that color on an electric pet before. And looking at it, I can understand why.

LOSE.

In good news, these are big too, thank God.

God. I hate the Koi revamp; the fin of'DOOM needs to DIE.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

They are both based on semi-transparent flash images.

When you look at them on a solid background, in this case, the default gray, you can tell that they transparent. Here, the actual pet is on one color, while the rest is transparent, giving it a very odd and strange look.

Basically, they converted these to GIF on a grey background, when they should have done it on a white. Or, better yet, they should have kept them as PNG which would support partial transparency on any background, but I suppose too many users still use IE6.

It's hard to explain, but I'm willing to bet they'll both look much better once they are on standard white lookups.

EDIT:
Pretty sure these are the background these images are meant to be shown on, not white or light grey.

Still look fugly, but if you go to this link and look at a faerie pet with transparent wings, you'll see a similar effect.

They still screwed up somewhere, koi and jelly pets don't usually do that, from what I can tell.
Last edited by thelonetiel on 25 May 2007 02:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Kamil wrote::shock:

(....)

:shock: :shock:
My thoughts exactly. What the Hell? Maybe it's made out of dung jelly :P
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
amazonvero

Post by amazonvero »

I figured it had something to do with the transparency because these are just horrible. Regardless of the transparency issue, the blue koi does not look electric at all - the lightning is hidden behind his feelers (sorry fish lovers if that's the wrong word) and they're super tiny! That's the extent of his electricness, it's horrible.

Jelly - if that's really the color than it's icky. I don't think I'd eat chocolate jello if it looked like that.
PETA: People for the Ethical Treatment of Apostrophes.
varii

Post by varii »

You'd think that when they're releasing the news, they'd preview it and see that these don't show up quite right and upload an image that works.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

EGAD the Koi is still hideous in my opinion!

These colors do NOTHING to improve that. I saw the title of this topic and got curious. When I SAW these, I completely forgot what the title said, and then I remembered Electric. It took a while to figure out the "electric" bits. WTF happened to the tail? Guh. The Jelly one looks more like...runny poop. It actually surprised me again to see that people were calling it Jelly.

Gah, Geodude fists on long bendy "pseudofins" DO NOT WORK on the Koi.

OK, that was bluntly brutal for me to post, but really...what better could I say? :(
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Mmmmm, delicious <i>mud jelly.</i>

Also: koi SO got stiffed by the revamp. Ugh. Another 2 pet colours to go in the 90% "I never want to own that" category.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

It's certainly not Jelly, but it's a very good attempt at grease. I guess that's not the effect they were aiming for, though.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
FourEyes

Post by FourEyes »

...I wouldn't eat THAT Jelly pet. I think that's a first for me. And Electric's too plain. Blah.
...Oops. *searching for a smaller sig*
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

... Ewww. o_O I saw that on the news and thought, "Boy, what a horrible Dung pet. ... Wait... okay, a horrible JELLY... pet...?"

Electric is not any better. Geez. I'm glad the images are larger and all, but... geez. x_x Please get it together, artists, saving the picture properly can't be that hard...

Poor Kois. They got hit really bad with this whole thing.
<3
checkers

Post by checkers »

I really really like Electric, not because of the fact it resembles no electricity whatsoever, but it has two shades of blue I adorrrrrre! and I just love fish, so this is a very nice colour, Jelly is hard to look at for me.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I thought Jelly was chocolate at first... I was going to comment on what a horrid chocolate pet it was.

Then saw Jelly.

...Now I really don't have much to say.

Electric would be fine if they would have made the TAIL the right color. My god, even I can colorfil in flash better than that.