Royal Yurbles

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Slugawoo

Royal Yurbles

Post by Slugawoo »

ImageImage

...Wow. I'm had difficulty telling which one is which. o.0; The royal boys wing-things are interesting. I don't want them, as I hate yurbles, but they are quite nice looking. VERY shiny. <3
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

OMG..wtf.

They look kinda crowded, which results in them looking a bit stupid.

The girl one thinks it's Barbie, with the Pink and Yellow colour scheme going on. I think another colour would have been better. I think she'd look better with Pink hair or a yellow body, she clashes with herself.

I don't like to bring up the new pose argument, but I feel that if these were in the old style I may have liked them, but I don't know.

The male would have looked nice in this pose, possibly, if the hat thing wasn't so freaking huge. I like the Brown, I could have possibly made Tyylerre one.

I like the Greek look, but it doesn't execute very well here.
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

I really dislike them, although I usually like yurbles. I think they are far too busy, although might look nice if some of the clothes were removed...
galacticMel

Post by galacticMel »

I like them... I might get one if I got a FF Quest, but I wouldn't save up for either. Out of the two, I like the Ryal Girl the most. I agree that their outfits look too big for them. I really like the headdresses.
Dear Neopets God,
Please make the Mutant Gelert look like the three-headed dog of the underworld, Cerberus. There may be a fruit basket in it for you.

Maybe. -_O

Love,
Mel
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

galacticMel wrote:I like them... I might get one if I got a FF Quest, but I wouldn't save up for either. Out of the two, I like the Ryal Girl the most. I agree that their outfits look too big for them. I really like the headdresses.

Royal cannot be gotten by FFQ. =D

I like them. They're original.

For me, they look closer to Norse Mythology than to greek, though
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Wow.. actually, I REALLY like the royalboy O_o I love curls like that, so the curly beard and hair is lovely to me XD VERY shiny!

At least this shows that pets can be done well with the new drawings and what not. These would be so fun to customize with a bit. I want the male just for the hat xD
checkers

Post by checkers »

I have a feeling that on the female, the Hat thingy has some hair attatched.
This is the females area highlighted in red I think that could be taken off, then I don't think they're look too bad, curly normal yurble blonde hair with pink and a dress, it'd be quite nice if the area I highlighted comes off.

Overall, I like them very Altadorianly, I like the cresents on the male and the curls on the female, the style is nice but it looks a little crowded, maybe without the hats and tiny tiara and crown would be nice, but not them big feather, wing steel iron big giant, I will rave on all night. Hats.
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

The style these are drawn in look somewhat different to me, like an artist who does not usually do pets drew them or something?

That said, these are fairly good. It's too bad these are the only poses, though maybe the emotion things they've promised us will be... er, promising.

Iggy, now that you mention it, they do look more Norselike than Greeklike, I think. The robes, not so much. The robes look more Greek, or at least Altadorian. The hairstyles and helmet thingies though, those do sort of shout Norse at me XD

Overall, these came out pretty cool :O
<3
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

Iggy wrote:For me, they look closer to Norse Mythology than to greek, though
You probably know more than me xD

They struck me as Greek, but I don't know much about this sort of thing so if you say they are Norse, then you're probably right.

ETA: Yeah checkers, that looks possible.

Viking Lady!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

adi_gallia wrote:
Iggy wrote:For me, they look closer to Norse Mythology than to greek, though
You probably know more than me xD

They struck me as Greek, but I don't know much about this sort of thing so if you say they are Norse, then you're probably right.
FMD pretty summed it up. The robes are greek-like, while the upper half of the body is close to Norse.

Only reason I know that is because I read too much comics book in my childhood. =D
checkers

Post by checkers »

adi_gallia wrote:ETA: Yeah checkers, that looks possible.
Viking Lady!
Hehe, I thought it looked different from the other hair.
ImageImage
Now theres two!?!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I don't know that there's anything wrong with the art per se, but they look excessively busy to me. It vaguely reminds me of some of the avatars on the Subeta forums...
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

When I look at these two, the first word to come to mind is "cluttered." Very, very cluttered. If we could see these clothes from a different angle, it might look better, but as they stand now, the cloth + wigs + helmets is just too much, IMO. The poses themselves don't really work with the royal style, either (they look like they're gearing up for a bar fight), but that can't be helped now.

I do like the Royal Boy, but the Royal Girl's clothes just look frumpy on her (is... is that a bustline?). And I second adi's sentiment about the color choice for the girl.
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

*weeps for the death of the yurbles*

All that capricious, stocky personality is gone, and we just have these squat, blank-eyed rodents. I hate them. I hate over-clothed pets anyway and these are so busy they make my eyes bleed, not to mention being a bizarre meaningless amalgam of My Little Norse Barbie Goes Greek.

Ugh, ugh, ugh. So awful I can't even express it.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Wingsrising wrote:It vaguely reminds me of some of the avatars on the Subeta forums...
Quot'd for posterity.

=D
And, ANY royal pet whose color is NOT one of the base four is not too bad. Gosh, I love the Brown shade on the male. I really do.