Desert and Split Meercas

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
oogabooga

Desert and Split Meercas

Post by oogabooga »

Neither is very interesting, though the clothes on the desert aren't too bad. My lab rat is a meerca right now...
ImageImage
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The nice thing about the desert Meerca is thanks to the desert plot, those PBs really aren't that expensive anymore; its quite easy to paint a Meerca desert, harvest the clothes, and paint it a different color to avoid the scrunchy face.

Meercas, i think, overall benefited from the revamp. Even though I wouldn't have one, putting some of the clothes on a different colored one might be nice. Though the sceptre is goofy looking.

Split is split. Yeah.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Don't really care for these.

However, imagine if they revamped the Meerca to look like the Meerca Gardening items

=D

The oval eyes look cuter, but better than the beady ones, imo.
sureq

Post by sureq »

Is it me or does the line work look really scratchy?

Edit: When I look closely it looks better than when I'm at "normal" distance from the screen, for example the top of the meerca's tail.

To add more depth to my post: I also don't like the meerca in clothes at all. They don't seem to sit right in the shoulder area because the meerca is (as far as I know) a round ball with arms and the collar part of the desert's robe doesn't sit right because the meerca seems to have more shoulder than it really does.

I'm sure it has all been covered with the jubjub though

I do like his little scepter however.
Last edited by sureq on 19 Aug 2007 03:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
gomababe

Post by gomababe »

Split is good for split I think, they've gone for a nice shade of orange on the meerca that isn't too blinding on my monitor and the purple is nice and muted.

Desert is really nice imo. The clothes fit it really well and I like the sceptre *steals it*. I think the desert clothes would loko good on a differently coloured pet, though I'm not quite sure what one yet. I like the turquoise stone in the headdress as welll, it sets off the gold very nicely.

Overall I don't think the meercas did too badly for their day.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Not really a Meerca fan. I kind of wish Desert were a warmer shade of brown, but the clothes are pretty nice, especially for being so small. I especially like the belt on their robe.
tiroryb

Post by tiroryb »

Not a fan of the Meercas but with the new pose the split isn't too bad and the Desert one is a bit cute.
Nectaris

Post by Nectaris »

I actually really like the desert meerca. I don't know why, but I actually like the eybrows. The split isn't bad, but it isn't really very exciting either.
Loveyaw

Post by Loveyaw »

I love the desert meerca, i think it looks very sweet. especially that little scepter it is holding, i maybe even want one :oops:
Academy

Post by Academy »

I would take the desert for the clothe's only. and putting all those clothes on such a pudgy short body isn't really that good, more overwhelming.
._.