Pepper Chia

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

they get a nice beanbag-ish plushie colour. Where am I on the pet? Well, as much as I hate spicy food, it's cool! Then again, the only food Chia I don't really like is grape, so there you go...
Sparrow
Human Avatar: 158026

Post by Sparrow »

Oh, this is so cute and creative! It may not technically be a pepper, but I really really love this pet. I've always liked Chias but ever since I morphed my first pet into a Faerie Pteri I've never had another one (she was once a Christmas Chia... hey, I like them!) I need to start zapping Chias now for these nifty fruit colors (a chilli counts as a fruit). :D

Hot chilli attack of DOOM!
Dead Webby

Post by Dead Webby »

Aww, maybe its apporpriate for me to say:

Omagosheetalittleburrrnythingyforeating.

8)
Thanks VanillaCoke for the Set.
immortal_janemba

Post by immortal_janemba »

Cheese wrote:Not a pepper. That's a chili.

Peppers are fat and taste like grass. They come in red, yellow, green orange or white.

This is not a pepper.
It's both, just depends what English you use. Here we call 'em peppers, but more often chilli peppers, and occasionally a chilli if you're in the mood :P
Deku wrote:We call your "bell peppers" capsicum, too.
We use Capsicum too ^^ Probably because a lot of the english here is british, which might have something to do with the Union Jack on our flag ;)
ImageImage
EofS

Post by EofS »

immortal_janemba wrote:We use Capsicum too ^^ Probably because a lot of the english here is british, which might have something to do with the Union Jack on our flag ;)
In the UK bell peppers/capsicums are just known as peppers. Red/green/yellow/orange peppers if you want to specify the colour (which I often do as I hate green and red's my favourite) or just pepper if you're talking generally.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Cheese wrote:Not a pepper. That's a chili.

Peppers are fat and taste like grass. They come in red, yellow, green orange or white.

This is not a pepper.
There are such thing as "Chili Peppers". Let's not forget that the name of this color came from the same people who invented the "Mallow" Grundo.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Post by Lucifer_Apollyon »

Silverevilchao wrote:There are such thing as "Chili Peppers". Let's not forget that the name of this color came from the same people who invented the "Mallow" Grundo.
Actually, any pepper is a chili or a capsicum. XD All three words mean the same thing.
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote:There are such thing as "Chili Peppers". Let's not forget that the name of this color came from the same people who invented the "Mallow" Grundo.
Actually, any pepper is a chili or a capsicum. XD All three words mean the same thing.
Hm, didn't know that. xD
Trick
Mad Cavy Lady

Post by Trick »

I think this would have been better if they had made it more pudgy, especially for the circle and happy poses as it looks too lanky for a pet - it looks more like an ice pole to me.

I don't like chias and I especially don't like fruit/veg/other chias but if I had to have one then I'd probably go for this. I really like the bd poses and it is a lot more creative than some of the colours we've been seeing recently. It would have been nice to see another Chia redraw such as Darigan or Royal but overall this is pretty neat and despite me not liking chias I'd give this a pretty high mark out of ten ^^

Also... it makes me hungry!
Lucifer_Apollyon

Silverevilchao wrote:
Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:
Hm, didn't know that. xD
I read the dictionary way too much, honestly. Capsicum is the Genus, but also the chemical that makes some peppers hot. Chili or Chile (I've seen it spelt with an E at the end though never with two L's) con carne is a stew dish made with Peppers (often hot) and ground beef. However, the dish is shortened down to Chili.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Here in New Mexico (two hours from the Mexican border), they are usually spelled with one L and and I. Chili. And e is acceptable, but not common. Usually refers to the country. Chile in Spanish would sound more like "chill-ay" Ay as in hay. That's my reasoning at least.

And yes, chili peppers can be long and thin like that. I'll upload some pics of some nice big green chilies (unripe red chilies) later, if I can get access to my mom's computer. Peppers come in all shapes, sizes, and colors depending on the variety.

I had to have enchiladas today after reading this thread, yummy eye-watering green chili cheese enchiladas. *licks lips*

Capsicum is the chemical that makes chilies hot, never heard of it being used as a word for peppers. Interesting.

*mutters* The Spanish coming to America thinking it was Asia really screwed up naming systems. Peppercorns are native to India, can't imagine why they called chilies peppers.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote:
Lucifer_Apollyon wrote: Actually, any pepper is a chili or a capsicum. XD All three words mean the same thing.
Hm, didn't know that. xD
I read the dictionary way too much, honestly. Capsicum is the Genus, but also the chemical that makes some peppers hot. Chili or Chile (I've seen it spelt with an E at the end though never with two L's) con carne is a stew dish made with Peppers (often hot) and ground beef. However, the dish is shortened down to Chili.
When they started figuring out that my surgery didn't fix anything, and had, in fact, made things a bit worse, they sent me to a pain management doc in hopes that they could get it so I could "learn to live with it" and, among many other things, he sent me home with some creme that featured Capsicum as one of its primary ingrediant.

Lemme tell you - if this ever happens to you (the getting sent home with Capsicum creme thingee) do not, I repeat NOT, get it in your eyes or your mouth.

He'd told me that, of course, but what he neglected to mention is that it's very adhesive to the skin and needs to be scrubbed off with hot soapy water, as it does not succumb to the average hand washing.

After all these months I can only say one thing about it -- owieeeee!

*winces*

Back to the subject of the Chia - I'd almost bet my main account that two different people drew it. I like the battledome poses, but the happy/circle etc., are, as Trick said, way too skinny and long. He does look like a bean pole in those.

But he's chubbier and looks more like a chilli in the bd poses.

Oh well, it's not like I'll ever have one, so I suppose it doesn't matter what I think, but I do wish the person who drew the bd poses had drawn the entire pet. Cookies for you, whoever you are. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Lucifer_Apollyon

Kamil wrote:
Lucifer_Apollyon wrote:
Silverevilchao wrote: Hm, didn't know that. xD
When they started figuring out that my surgery didn't fix anything, and had, in fact, made things a bit worse, they sent me to a pain management doc in hopes that they could get it so I could "learn to live with it" and, among many other things, he sent me home with some creme that featured Capsicum as one of its primary ingrediant.

Lemme tell you - if this ever happens to you (the getting sent home with Capsicum creme thingee) do not, I repeat NOT, get it in your eyes or your mouth.

He'd told me that, of course, but what he neglected to mention is that it's very adhesive to the skin and needs to be scrubbed off with hot soapy water, as it does not succumb to the average hand washing.

After all these months I can only say one thing about it -- owieeeee!

*winces*

Back to the subject of the Chia - I'd almost bet my main account that two different people drew it. I like the battledome poses, but the happy/circle etc., are, as Trick said, way too skinny and long. He does look like a bean pole in those.

But he's chubbier and looks more like a chilli in the bd poses.

Oh well, it's not like I'll ever have one, so I suppose it doesn't matter what I think, but I do wish the person who drew the bd poses had drawn the entire pet. Cookies for you, whoever you are. =D
Ow! :( Poor thing! Yeah...had I not read it in the dictionary that capsicum was the chemical that makes the pepper hot I wouldn't have known, but I remember playing with a wild pepper plant when I was like five and then rubbing my nose. :cry: OMG!! I think my aunt (who's house I was at) had to stick an ice cube under my nose to get it to cool down just enough for her to wash it out. So, yeah...I definitely understand where you're coming from there.

I wouldn't mind owning this chia. Which that makes it two chias I wouldn't ever mind owning. The first and fore most would be the pea. XD
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

I like this pet, but then again I have a soft spot for all fruit/veggie chias anyway :P even though I don't like normal chias all that much, I have to admit the fruit versions are for the most part really creative and cute. I do agree that the battle poses are MUCH better than the "normal" poses though. I love the fire. X3

And around here that type of plant is always called a pepper... usually chili pepper or hot pepper rather than just plain pepper, but still a pepper. When I saw the name pepper chia I was expecting it to be a big green bell pepper or something, though. :P
Happy
Location: South East Asia Listening to: One Fine Day Feeling: Excited

Post by Happy »

Here, the red chilli are actually less spicy than these itsy bitsy green chilli that like to hide in your dinner then when they've breached your head to explode rather unpleasantly. And when I was five, we were eating dinner and we had a bowl of dried pepper seeds that were used to make the dish spicier. Well, I took a bit, put in on my dinner and then of course rubbed my eyes.

Owowowowowowowowowow!