Faerie and Shadow Gnorbus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Slugawoo

Re: Faerie and Shadow Gnorbus

Post by Slugawoo »

I think the Gnorbu would have looked much better with a pink/magenta neck/spots... Yeah, it may look a bit flat, but it'd also look less like a disco.

But that still wouldn't change the fact that the wings are coming out of it's freaking neck. I hate it when they do that. It's as bad as when wings come out of there back or butt. Shoulder blades, Neopets, shoulder blades.

As for shadow... well, it shadow.
checkers

Post by checkers »

Slugawoo wrote:But that still wouldn't change the fact that the wings are coming out of it's freaking neck. I hate it when they do that. It's as bad as when wings come out of there back or butt. Shoulder blades, Neopets, shoulder blades.
Try and think of the Gnorbu without the fur, I did and I saw that they wouldn't be out of the neck, heres what I came up with, now I'm not the best of drawers but it helped me look at Gnorbu differently..
Xhiania

Post by Xhiania »

I seem to be one of few that ADORE both of these colours. I'm easily pleased I guess, and I love the way these colours don't go with each other for some reason. It sums up a Gnorbu for me, which I think of as clumsy llama-like stupid creatures. And cute, even though I don't have one. The only bad thing for me is the dark patch on the nose. But you can't have everything in life. :( Still cute though *drool*.

UPDATE - sorry if this has been posted twice my computer goes haywire sometimes
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

Well, I for one LOVE the Faerie Gnorbu, the colours are different to other Faerie pets, but they are nice and work well together, and I like the wings too, again, they're a little different, which is a nice feature, i might even get one of these.

Shadow is nice, nice use of purple on the mane, it works nicely with the rest of the pet.
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

adi_gallia wrote:If it were Orange and Yellow or Turquoise and Blue it would have been better for me.
I agree--or even turquoise and yellow (a bit like the Faerie Techo, which used to be one of my favorites). I do dearly love both of these colors separately, but together they aren't my cup of tea. I guess the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I'll probably never want one, but it's not as much of a travesty as the Faerie Eyrie. I think a pale yellow would've tied it all together much better than that salmon color.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I kinda like the gnorbu, enough to comment on it at least. I agree that the ruff color clashes. If the mane and spots were that darker shade of pink, and the eyes and wings blue, it would be just fine all things considered.

As for shadow, I've never liked shadow pets with that much blue/purple.
Skiler

Post by Skiler »

Another point against the faerie gnorbu. First, because the gnorbu had the bad luck to be designed after the revamp (before the site revamp, all faerie pets had at least an unique morphology), so, he just got ugly colours and that funny excuse for wings. That turquoise color is... It doesn't get along with that disco-orange, and, since the mane an the tail have the same hairs, why they are different colours (unless the tip of the tail is flesh and not hair)? Same for the spots over the body, on the legs and muzzle. If they are spots, why they are the same colour as the mane? Are the spots patches of different hairs??? The gnorbu actually confuses me a lot...
Without the wings looks like a disco gnorbu to me :S

I preffer another shade of blue for the shadow pets, perhaps because I like better when they have 3 colours on their bodies (blue, white-gray and black), instead of 4 like this one. I don't know why the muzzle didn't received the same shade as the feet... I don't like that norm :S
It reminds me to the shadow tonu however:
checkers wrote:
Slugawoo wrote:But that still wouldn't change the fact that the wings are coming out of it's freaking neck. I hate it when they do that. It's as bad as when wings come out of there back or butt. Shoulder blades, Neopets, shoulder blades.
Try and think of the Gnorbu without the fur, I did and I saw that they wouldn't be out of the neck, heres what I came up with, now I'm not the best of drawers but it helped me look at Gnorbu differently..
LMAO! XD
ImageImageImage
yvonne_l_d

Post by yvonne_l_d »

The new trend in faerie pets is bright colours together. That's okay, if only they'd be more careful about which colours go together. Every shade on the faerie gnorbu is beautiful on it's own. But together, they clash. All of the green should have been replaced with a more neutral light beige, which would have set off the warmth of the orange without clashing with it.
If you're ever in doubt, throw a pepper in the air. If it fails to come down, you have gone mad, so don't trust in anything.
- Gregory Maguire, "Mirror, Mirror"
-----------------------------
On Neopets: yvonne_l_d
On Subeta: myshadowandme
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

So, after giving the Faerie Gnorbu some thought, I've decided that I really, really don't like it D: The colors clash too much and I actually kind of hate to look at it ^^;;

The Shadow one is very mediocre. I really don't have much of an opinion on it, other than I don't mind the purrply blue color on this one that much, for some reason o_O
<3
Koryo

Post by Koryo »

I'm on the fence with the faerie. The colors are odd but at the same time it's kind of cute.

What bothers me with the shadow is actually the eye. It's.... blue. It doesn't even match that scary purple and seems really out of place (color, rather) to me.
"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love..." ♥
rebelheart

Post by rebelheart »

You don't mix apricot with any kind of green ever. You just don't. *shivers*
LΟL
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Are you sure about that?

I'm strangely fond of the faerie, personally - the colours are unorthodox, but somehow it suits the slightly silly Gnorbu.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Jazzy wrote:Are you sure about that?

I'm strangely fond of the faerie, personally - the colours are unorthodox, but somehow it suits the slightly silly Gnorbu.
I like it too - more than I've liked almost any of the once-redrawn, now, not so much pets. I find the colors appealing, and, as Jazzy said, suitable for the Gnorbu's somewhat wacky personality.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Sagrei

Post by Sagrei »

The faerie Gnorbu has a very My Little Pony circa 1985 feel to it - you know, once the toys had exploded all over North America and they were bent on getting as many critters out the factory door as possible. I can see this being an actual toy: the wings would be printed on translucent plastic (which you would lose within a week of getting the thing) and it would come with a butterfly-shaped brush for the neck ruff.

Mostly, though, this Gnorbu day is sad because they didn't replace them all with a shaved version. Does anyone still have that saved, somewhere?
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I loved that so much.