Faerie and Shadow Gnorbus

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Faerie and Shadow Gnorbus

Post by Officer 1BDI »

ImageImage

Faerie... I think I'd like Faerie better if they had used a different shade of blue, or had abandoned blue altogether and used a purple or a green instead. It just seems to clash too much with the pink.

I actually like Shadow; the purple markings and the white feet make for a unique and interesting Shadow pet, imo.
Goldenchaos

Re: Faerie and Shadow Gnorbus

Post by Goldenchaos »

Faeries snout shouldve been a much lighter color..considering that ALL the Gnorbu colours have a light coloured one.

:\ I don't like how they are using that bluepurple on shadow pets..
Image Image
ImageImage
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

I like that dusky shade they use on the Shadow pets. Otherwise, it's really just black...or grey I guess.

That Gnorbu is the ugliest Faerie pet ever!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I love the colors on the Shadow Gnorbu but I'm not a fan of the species itself.

The Faerie one doesn't deserve to be called Faerie. The colors are very tacky and the wings are pathetic.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Gumdrops wrote:That Gnorbu is the ugliest Faerie pet ever!
It is indeed ugly, but did you miss the eyrie? ;)

nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

First thought: Is that the expression of all Faerie Gnorbu, or all female Gnorbu? Regardless, with the mismatched colours and dark muzzle, we've found something better than the old Disco Kiko!
Shadow? It would look better with a shiny cobalt blue than that violet.
Seerow wrote:Aww Nana, I didn't think you meant you were literally dead last night :(
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Cranberry wrote:
Gumdrops wrote:That Gnorbu is the ugliest Faerie pet ever!
It is indeed ugly, but did you miss the eyrie? ;)

I kinda love that Eyrie. :D
Danish

Post by Danish »

I actually really like the Faerie Gnorbu. I think that the colours looks quite good together. If they had made the mane orange or pink I think it might have looked flat. The butterfly wings are great, and look funny on a llama. :P

Shadow is nice. Nothing special though. I think the lighter coloured mane looks a little strange next to the rest of the body. :/
Cyaneus

Post by Cyaneus »

Augh! Faerie Gnorbu--more like SCARY Gnorbu, har har. The more I look at it, though, the more I realize that each of its very mis-matched colors could have been nice on its own. Something about the composition tells me that the Faerie Gnorbu actually had the potential to be a pretty adorable pet, but yikes ... and that day-glo mane.
Bif

Post by Bif »

I actually really like the Faerie Gnorbu. I think that the colours looks quite good together. If they had made the mane orange or pink I think it might have looked flat. The butterfly wings are great, and look funny on a llama.
Thank you! Someone shares my opion, I was getting worried that maybe I was going looney. The Faerie Gnorbus reminds me of Heimlich from A Bug's Life when he becomes a butterfly. It amusses me no end and I think that it is supposed to. The Gnorbus itself is a funny looking neopet, rather than making it look like it could fly (like the Faerie Tonu) they decided to make it look comical, but still colourful and pretty at the same time IMO.

I also don't mind shadow at all, I like the dark purple.
Helmcargh

Post by Helmcargh »

Eurgh, that Faerie is awful. It looks like it dipped its face in caramel sauce and it clashes so bad. Truthfully, I'm tres glad that its an eyesore because now I don't have to yearn after a gnorbu I'll never get.

The shadow is flat-looking. The purple is very dull.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I guess I'm easily pleased. I'm not the world's biggest Gnorbu fan, but I quite like the first one. The only thing wrong with this Faerie, in my opinion, is the pink eyes, which look slightly odd (and would especially on a male pet.) They've used that lovely turquoise again here, which I liked on the Faerie Eyrie and which makes a real change from the purple shades usually used for Faerie pets. Shadow doesn't work as well for me. I don't know what it is, but it lacks the colour's usual style somehow.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
checkers

Post by checkers »

*oddball* I really, really like the Faerie Gnorbu! xD *puts his new glasses on* Woah, I see it a lot clearer now. xD Aw man, I seriously liked the sorta soft look but with my glasses on I can see the lines more, it's got quite thick edges on the wings that were blurry before and look smooth and all, glowy. Now with glasses it's quite clear. Though I still like it ;)
maraqua_wqh_4

Post by maraqua_wqh_4 »

I like the colour of the gnorbu Faerie's "neck-fur" and wings , but they can be larger. The light orange is OK.
In the shadow nice is purple accent.
adi_gallia

Post by adi_gallia »

I actually laughed when I saw that Faerie Gnorbu. I have nothing against Orange or Turquoise but together they look absolutely horrible. It just looks crazy, it's like the artist just coloured it randomly. The darker orange on the face doesn't work. If it were Orange and Yellow or Turquoise and Blue it would have been better for me.

I like the Shadow Gnorbu a bit better, but would it be any good at sneaking around in the shadows with a big purple ruff?