Help us fill the pet db! (Last few pets needed, pg7!)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Re: Help us fill the pet db! (Female pets? pg3)

Post by Jazzy »

Well, what I now need to ask is whether people saying they'd like the females would be willing to help in adding them. I'd agree that there ought to be examples of the basic females for each species, and it'd make sense to at least have rgby pets added, but I can't do all of those myself. I can't tell whether people's expressions of interest are "I'd like to see them and can help out" or whether they're just "I'd like to see them" :P
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Also, I want to point out that it is pretty important for Babies too, as the eyes can be pretty radically different.

Image Image
Female - Male

I think it is a good effort to try to do the female pets. I'm more than happy to provide uncustomized versions of my female pets (like Snowfancy above), but I'm not sure what my contribution will be beyond that as I'm just starting college. Depending on what my schedule ends up like, I'd be happy to hunt on the Neoboards for people to provide URLs if we end up looking for all of them.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Later on tonight or tomorrow, I will do the following female of these species:

Elephante
Eyrie
Flotsam
Ogrin
Peophin
Kougra

I'll most likely do some more as well, these are just to start with :)
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The babies are all done :) I made an effort with those last week since yeah, they do look quite different: http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ppy+female

Thank you, Seerow! eofs and I are currently working on the post-customisation-only pets, so hopefully we'll make a good dent into the pile remaining.
EofS

Post by EofS »

I've done lupe and lutari, am working on ruki.

It's very slow going with just a couple of us doing it though. Anyone else want to help? We'll only need a dozen people doing a few species each.

Or even if people could just add whatever female pets they own... that would be a small but helpful contribution.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Just to clear a few things up, a quick guide in case people don't know what this actually entails.

Let's use Christmas pets as an example:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ppy+female

If you look up the colour, you can see that some pets are already displayed, while others say "Submit the URL for a post-Customisation female." We'll pick the Christmas Buzz as an example and click on the link:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/customisati ... s&g=female

You're taken to a page where it asks for the eight-letter code for a Female Christmas Buzz. You need to find this code, either by looking up a Female Christmas Buzz (with no background, no clothes removed, etc) on Neopets itself, or by finding the code in colour listings. In the case of the Female Christmas Buzz, the full URL for the pet is http://pets.neopets.com/cp/5fbq9gzt/1/2.png. The eight-letter code is therefore 5fb9qgzt, and this is what you would put in the box. Once someone's done that, the colour overview page will no longer ask to submit a URL - it'll just display the name.

There are different codes for male and female pets. All the males have been filled in from the Rainbow Pool. If you try and put in the male code, the page won't let you, so there are a few safety mechanisms built in.

If you are doing a grandfathered pet (the name will appear in bold on this site, eg the Mutant Buzz), please make sure that you're adding the URL for the post-customisation version of the pet. You can check this fairly easily by looking at all of the poses - here's the Mutant Buzz:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... t&pose=all
If the pose matches the Male poses, it's post-customisation. If it matches the Old poses, it's a grandfathered pet, and shouldn't be added.

Ignore any Female Royalboys or Male Royalgirls when trying to fill these in. I'm going to decide later whether these are worth adding.

Here's hoping this is a straighforward enough guide :) It would be helpful even if you add just two or three pets - it's fewer for us to do, and the database will approach completion more quickly. After all, if you want to see the females in the database, it makes sense to add some.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I did the cybunnies and blumraoos this morning, and will do another one or two species later today (whichever need doing, though I'm picking the ones I find least ugly).
Neopets wishlists: here
Madge

Post by Madge »

OK I did a fire chomby and a faerie chomby. It took me like 5 minutes.

Everyone who is like me and too bloody lazy to do any, do like two pets. Google search something like:

Code: Select all

site:neopets.com "The fire chomby" female neopet lookup 
and you will find a bunch, find one with no extra crap added and badda bing badda boom you're done.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Also, the sooner people help, the nicer looking species/colours they can do. I think most of us are doing pets we like first. Latecomers will get kikos and grarrls.

Now there's a threat...

It's also a handy way to remember how shite a lot of the old artwork was. So dated!
Currently, we have 624 female images and 1962 male images, out of an estimated 1964 pet-colour combinations. That's about 1342 images left to submit.
Draiks done, and nearly a third of the way through!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

I am doing the female eyries... I have had to skip a few colors (glowing, for example) because there aren't any girls in the Jellyneo database, but I'll try googling those ones later.

Edit: All female eyries are done except for Pirate, Plushie and Royalboy. Couldn't find any (that weren't gears) on Google.
Last edited by Cranberry on 20 Sep 2009 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I enjoy looking up pets using Google (though it is a slow way of doing it), so if there are any ones that are difficult to find, I'm very happy to look for them.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Anyway I did the rest of the Zafaras because I could.

I couldn't find a female jelly zafara, female plushie zafara, female pirate zafara or female tyrannian zafara though, if somebody wants to get on the case?

Also the "is this pet male" check saved me once, just so you know it's not in vain :P

Also, if you're using google for backup pets, you want to see the omitted results. I've got pets from there.
Madge

Post by Madge »

I'm double posting so everyone gets reminded about this thread.

Here's pets I couldn't find on google or jellyneo:

ZAFARA
Jelly
Plushie
Pirate
Tyrannian

USUL
Pirate
Spotted (oddly enough)

Also, Jazzy, is there a way to see unsubmitted female pets? Or is a trial and error looky-loo sort of thing? Something like that would be convenient but probably would take more effort to code than it's worth. Maybe text that says "the species with the least female pets submitted is X. The colour with the least female pets is Y."? But that would probably be hard.

Anyway that's what I did today.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Yep, there's a full list up, which I've been using to keep an eye on what I'm doing. I've been holding off posting it because it is a little intimidating, but it's the easiest way to see what's remaining:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/neededpets.php
It's sorted by colour, but I can add the option to sort by species if people would like that as well. If there's any other criteria you'd like me to add, post it here (eg, "show all colours with less than five pets remaining") and I'll see if I can add it.

I've just finished a week working full-time in a hospital and have the next week off, so I should be able to make some more headway with some of the missing pets :)
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

I haven't done very many pets since Sunday, but I plan to do as many as I can this weekend, including any hard to find ones that are still not found yet.