Help us fill the pet db! (Last few pets needed, pg7!)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Madge

Re: Help us fill the pet db! (Female pets? pg3)

Post by Madge »

It's awesome that the list exists! Means I can go through and look for species that are yet to be done just by seeing if, say, brown is done.

However I think sorting it by species would make it nicer for people like me who would prefer to do the species they like first ;), but it's not really necessary.

Anyway, I did the shoyrus. Incidentally, a sketch shoyru named Sketch_51 is stuck in the pound.

EDIT: Handy links etc - I want them to be on each page so I don't have to go back through.

Code: Select all

site:neopets.com "The fire chomby" female neopet lookup 
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/neededpets.php

http://www.jellyneo.net/index.php?go=pe ... olor=disco

Not found on google/jellyneo
ZAFARA
Jelly
Plushie
Pirate
Tyrannian

USUL
Pirate
Spotted (oddly enough)

Royalboys, cbf specifying.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I've added the sort by species in - I think I'll see if I can use it to fill in some of the missing colours of the smaller species.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Thanks for that Jazzy! :)

Was surprised nobody has done the chombies yet - I love those little guys! So I finished them off, except for the off-gender royals of course.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

I was wondering what to do about the royals. I can try and find crossdressing Royals, but they're a real pain to search for, since you can't put anything into a search engine just to find the crossdressing ones (all royals appear as "the Royal {species}", so if you put in "the Royal draik female" you'll get almost entirely real females, only getting crossdressing ones by luck). So far, after a few weeks of searching for pets, I've only stumbled across four crossdressing Royals, one of them being mine and the other three being unsuitable to add as is because they have backgrounds, etc. Some of them, there's next to no chance of finding them give how few there are of the correct gender, such as a female royalboy nimmo or a female royalboy skeith.

(eta: I did just find a male royalgirl Koi, female royalboy Jubjub and female royalboy Buzz which I could add, so maybe this will be doable! I am also trying to resist neomailing the owner of Rooxxannee just to say "you don't have to put on that red light".)

Here are the pages:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ppy+female
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... happy+male
As you can see, we have next to no female royalboys, but the male royalgirls aren't far off completion.

Here are the options:
- Actively seek out crossdressing royals with the aim to complete the database, including perhaps asking people here to help us out (battling the Lab Ray scientist in the BD causes the pet's eyes to change to the other gender without the rest of the pet following - the Lab Ray itself does not create crossdressing pets; it changes the pet to the other gender completely with the new clothes). We are likely to never complete some of them.
- Decide not to seek out crossdressing pets, and recode the pages of the ones missing the crossdressing version to hide the missing gender. Here's the display as it is at the moment:
http://www.neocolours.me.uk/viewpet.php ... ppy+female
If the crossdressing version is submitted, the boxes will start displaying again.

Does anyone here have a converted/post-customisation Royal pet for which we're missing the crossdressing version, and which they'd be willing to battle the Lab Ray scientist for the URL? You'll be able to change them back to the correct gender straight away afterwards. If you don't have the Lab Scientist as a challenger, I can accept transferred pets to battle them, get the new URL, change them back and send them back to you, as long as they're sent to me with all the proper clothes on. I don't trade pets and have all of the pet colour avatars, so I never use my monthly transfer slots.
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Re: Help us fill the pet db! (Royal pets neeeded, pg5!)

Post by Cranberry »

I'm working on all the female gelerts now. The method I use is to look up the pet using a directory or Google, and then go to the owner's userlookup and get the URL of the pet by right-clicking the small image there. However, I keep running into gears on some colors (orange and skunk, for example). Is there a way to get the pet's URL from its actual petpage?
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't have a converted royal pet, but I can always get a cross-dressed URL... I THINK, by going to the page where it asks me to convert. As you know, Sojourns is a cross-dressed royal, so will that work?

It seems like it will, and that means I can get the URLs for both gender-swap Royalgirl Kyrii and Royalgirl Peophin, since I have both and they're both the opposite sex XD i'll get those for you!

ETA - ROFL well I already sent you a PM and THEN saw you already have the ones I have- oops ;__; Sorry, Jazzy! Now you have them again I guess xD
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Hey, I don't mind having confirmation! With the vast majority of Royal pets, we've pulled them directly from the Rainbow Pool, but Royal is the one colour for which it doesn't hold true that all the Pool pets are male - some are male and some are female, fairly randomly (for example, the royalgirl nimmo is male and the royalgirl skeith female). Particularly with the ones where it's difficult to tell which gender the Pool one's supposed to be, it's good to have confirmation with a real pet. They actually aren't the same URL as the Rainbow Pool-derived ones, either of them, which is interesting (though as far as I can see, the images are identical).

Cranberry - you can use a pet's name in a URL of this format to avoid the gear problem:
http://pets.neopets.com/cpn/Linotype/1/4.png
(Linotype being my female checkered draik - you'll see the URL changes to the standard /cp/ rather than /cpn/ and it gives you the eight-letter code where the pet's name was.)
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

Question: Are we still PMing lists to you, or can we go back to the submission form? I've found a male Royalgirl Cybunny.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

The submission form is fine :) Thanks!
Cranberry
Human Avatar: 183848

Post by Cranberry »

Jazzy wrote: Cranberry - you can use a pet's name in a URL of this format to avoid the gear problem:
http://pets.neopets.com/cpn/Linotype/1/4.png
(Linotype being my female checkered draik - you'll see the URL changes to the standard /cp/ rather than /cpn/ and it gives you the eight-letter code where the pet's name was.)
Excellent; thank you! With that I managed to get the orange gelert, so now all gelerts are done (except royal). :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Jazzy, if you need a male royalgirl chomby I've got a royalgirl chomby I'm happy to send your way.
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

We do indeed - I can do a transfer into and out of my account tomorrow, as I plan to use up my September transfer today to get the female royalboy URL from my male royalboy shoyru.

edit: mrrr, I'd forgotten that you need to wait a day before you can transfer a Neopet back out of an account, so when I transfer Quaelia back tomorrow, it's going to use up my October transfer. If I accept anyone's pets during October, we'll need to wait until November for me to send them back, which is not ideal. Does anyone else have the space to accept a pet to do a gender switch? If it's done today, you will also have the same caveat that sending the pet back will use up your October transfer slot rather than a September one. You can transfer one of your pets off your account today assuming you haven't already done so in September, but pets received cannot be transferred out on the same day.

We're also after a female usukiboy usul and a female quigukiboy quiggle. If you have either please let me know; alternatively, if someone has space to accept a male usukiboy usul to do a gender change with the lab scientist challenger, I can send mine over.

Having just used the lab scientist challenger on Quaelia (originally UC male royalboy shoyru), I can confirm that changing the gender of an unconverted pet in the battledome (not with the lab ray or any other means) does not convert it. In the case of the Royal pets, if you start with a male royalboy and the lab scientist challenger changes the pet's gender, you will end up with a royalboy image but with "female" as the gender on the pet's lookup. Here's Quick Ref to show you:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/ ... ickref.png

If you then follow the "click here to learn more" link, the image it will show you is a converted female royalboy, which is what we're after. Here's the page:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h320/ ... tomise.png
The URL we're after is the URL of the second image, the Customisation version, which you can just right-click to copy. In this case, it was this:
http://pets.neopets.com/cp/xh8vnljx/1/2.png

Here's the male royalboy just for comparison, so you can see that they're different (biggest change, a red eye instead of a green one):
http://pets.neopets.com/cp/7ok4tnsf/1/2.png
Obviously, unless you want to, do not actually click to convert the pet - you don't need to do that.

So, if any of you have pre-customisation Royalboy/Usukiboy/Quigukiboy pets and the lab ray BD challenger, you can use the BD to change the gender and find the URL without your pet actually getting converted :)
Madge

Post by Madge »

Aaand of course we didn't get it in time for September transfers.

If anybody has a lab account with both transfers that they are willing to burn for the sake of science, I have Abeigh. PM me or something.

I am really not keen on having her have a battledome record, but I think things must be done for SCIENCE.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Now this is the most bizarre thing ever.

The female spotted krawk's image looks like this:

No, I am not kidding. 3 separate female spotted krawks have images that look like this. Case in point: http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml? ... lpha_blaze looks completely normal on her lookup, check out the owner's user lookup and it's a friggin' pirate xweetok with wings.

The /cpn/ doesn't work either. Halp?

sorry for the double post but it's been more than a week.
EofS

Post by EofS »

Yeah, that's kind of an odd side effect of when the images broke. A few combinations instead of cogs, turned into other combinations.

My purple eyrie has been very confused for a while now: