Royal Myncis (Myncii?)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
CallyKariShokka

Post by CallyKariShokka »

Defenitally based off of Chinese-style dresses; the royalgirl's Mandarin collar, for one.

I don't like them. But then, I don't like Myncis. I loathe their noses. ^^;

Message from sister: "..That pet seems racist to me."
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

I like them. Mostly because I was starting to despair of them ever making nice mynci (I like grey, too, but...well.)

Still, these are creative (not typical Victorian!Royal) and they're well-drawn. Yes, the girl looks a little human, but so do all monkeys in clothing.

I am a happy camper. Particularly with the boy monkey, who's very cute.
sterlinglyons

Post by sterlinglyons »

I rather like them, mostly for their costuming; I usually detest myncis but think they are somehow a nice choice for this particular design.
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

I like them. Nice concept, and they're well drawn. The only problem is that they're myncis. I definitely agree they look too human - unfortunately, because the creepiness factor sort of ruins what could otherwise be a fantastic pet. There's a very nice attention to detail, I think.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

At first, I thought that was a book on the Royalboy Mynci's head....

To be honest, I like the Royalgirl Mynci. The selection of colours for the kimono, as well as the angry pose altogether won me over. Though....I don't think there could've been anything done to make this better. Unfortunately.

Royalboy Mynci: 6/10
Royalgirl Mynci: 7.8/10
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
smirkish

Post by smirkish »

Frankly, I love them in their circle poses. Both of them. And I normally hate Myncis. O.o

On the male....I hate the beard. That is all. o-o
ICKessler wrote:Heh, I just realized what he's missing:

The fumanchu mustache. :D
"Fufufu....I am Confucious much, yes. /3" And I totall agree with this comment. He would so look freakin' awesome if he had that beard. In the circle pose he seems very wise with his narrowed eyes, and as if he is welcoming you to his kingdom with the extended...paw.

The female probably seems creepy due to her face color. It seems to me they did that to make it seem like makeup.
As you can see, the ears, stomach, and face are yellow while the body isn't. Makeup on the royals is my logic, and it is understandable. Also, I believe they are Chinese due to the small pieces of paper tied on their belts. They remind me slightly of Mulan....mainly Mulan 2 though.
Last edited by smirkish on 22 Feb 2006 06:02 am, edited 4 times in total.
ImageImage
Thanks Twisted for my set. ^^ And MM for meh evil wooble bunny!
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The shade of deep red they used on the boy is quite lovely. It looks like velvet. It's a shame they didn't use the same method on the girl. The faces are much too pale, but they both have unique base colors. The costumes are downright gorgeous and they've managed not to deform the girl by giving her a bosom. However, they're tainted by the blatantly fake wig and moustache. They're a hair's breadth away from being truly nice. Yet, they gives me hope that they may go for a Japanese styled pair of royal kyrii. Much squeeing would then ensue.

I'd also like to take this time to point out that this would have been the absolute perfect moment to release a Ninja paint brush. Ninja freaking monkies would own each and every single one of your pansy non-ninja asses.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

I liked very much.
If I were to have a Mynci this would be what I would aim for.

Hope TNT makes more Asian Royal pets. I'm tired of the traditional European Royalty look.
African Royalty would be cool too.
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

Image vs. Image

Hm...

And is it me, or does he look really feminine? I have to look at him just so to actually remember he is male. o.O
Deku

Post by Deku »

definitely Chinese, yes.

I really like the Royalgirl. She's pretty and colourful and I wouldn't mind owning her at all. The Royalboy is okay I guess, but I never really like royalboys...and he looks like he's wearing a book on his head in the happy pose, heh.

And for all you people saying it's too human, well, monkeys are very close to humans obviously, and royal is an anthro colour mostly...so, combine the two and you pretty much have something looking like a human.

Royalgirl - 9/10
Royalboy - 7/10

Why do you all hate anthros, anyway? D: *hides art*
monsum

Post by monsum »

The female is kinda cool but the male... well that one I don't like for some reason...
Sami

Post by Sami »

When I first saw this in the News I didn't realize it was based off Japanese culture. At first... I thought the RoyalBoy was supposed to be a wizard. His hat looked pointy in the ranged attack pose, and for a moment there I wanted one.

I don't anymore though. :|
oogabooga

Post by oogabooga »

Deku wrote:And for all you people saying it's too human, well, monkeys are very close to humans obviously, and royal is an anthro colour mostly...so, combine the two and you pretty much have something looking like a human.
It's not the fact that it's anthro that bothers me (in fact, it's not much different from a basic mynci in terms of pose). It's the face, the fact that it's almost human-looking but something's not quite right. I think it's related to the uncanny valley.

(Adding clothes probably doesn't help either, but it's Royal, you have to have clothes.)
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Not bad for Myncis (and I think I don't like any of their colours *g*).
I like the Royalboy more, but the beard looks really fake and somehow his furcolour really irritates me. It looks to dark for me and clashes with his clothes. But that may only be me. *g*
The Royalgirl unfortunately looks a little bit to human for my comfort, but apart from that she's not bad. You know I only realised that she has her shoe in her hand after I read it here? I first thought it was a fan or something like that. :oops:
Help me to make my Dreams come true?
phoebemittens

Post by phoebemittens »

Yeah, clearly Chinese Royalty. Which means that we can still have geisha lennies, please. Or Geisha some-species-I-don't-hate.

They're ok. They're little mutanty people in costume. Meh.