Royal Myncis (Myncii?)

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Darigan

Post by Darigan »

Slugawoo wrote:I just thought of something. T.T If they wanted to do oriental they should've done it on a draik. There are tons of draik owners(including me) who happen to have/want an oriental draik. >.<; Of course, I love the royal draiks the way they are, but still. D: Eastern dragons would've been awsome. I suppose they could always make it a species/lab/FF color. :\

And to stay on topic. I still don't like monkeys. :D
Draiks are already very popular.
Not so famous species need some love too. (and some help to boost their popularity).
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Darigan wrote: Draiks are already very popular.
Not so famous species need some love too. (and some help to boost their popularity).
I totally agree with this.

Post by Guest »

:(
Has no one heard of the Chinese legend of the Monkey King?
Spivsy

Post by Spivsy »

holy crash the revenge of cortex.

I need a royalboy mynci just so I can put "wax on, wax off" on his petpage, with random pictures of mr miyagi.
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

The nature of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_to ... >Monkey</a> is irrepressible.
Last edited by Huggles on 22 Feb 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chickvw

Post by chickvw »

Oh no! D: They took the awesome japanese(?) nobleness and slapped it on a mynci. What a waste of a good concept. >.<; I hate myncis.
Exactly. Good design.. AWESOME design... but on a wretched mynci... *shudder* I Loathe Monkeys... Nimmo, Lenny, Draik, Kougra.. all better choices.. hell, even an Kyrii or something... Elephante has as much "chinese history" and the monkeys... *whimpers*

I'm going to curl up and remind myself how evil myncis are.
Image Image
Thank you MM for the Woobles!
nanabobo567

Post by nanabobo567 »

*stares* I don't see anything wroung with the Royalboy. Admittedly, the Royalgirl is a little creepy, but the Royalboy is great! It's like a young Confusious or something... Wise, yet handsom. It's odd, yet I like it.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

Anonymous wrote::(
Has no one heard of the Chinese legend of the Monkey King?
I have <a href="http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art ... p">now,</a> thanks. =D
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Not to be off-topic, but the plural for Mynci is Myncies.

http://www.neopets.com/pronounce.phtml
Settingshadow

Post by Settingshadow »

Slugawoo wrote:I just thought of something. T.T If they wanted to do oriental they should've done it on a draik. There are tons of draik owners(including me) who happen to have/want an oriental draik. >.<; Of course, I love the royal draiks the way they are, but still. D: Eastern dragons would've been awsome. I suppose they could always make it a species/lab/FF color. :\

And to stay on topic. I still don't like monkeys. :D
Royal Draiks are very South Asian...which is a little mythologically out of place, but looks very pretty on them.

The monkey is pretty entangled in Chinese culture, so I'm happy with this.
I really like the diversity of Royal recently: Korbats, Draiks and now this. I'd like to see the Gnorbu pull off a camel-sort of African royalty and maybe the Royal Ruki could be African -- I can imagine that looking nice.
Saturn

Post by Saturn »

...Well, *I* like them. Only Mynci's I'd ever actually like to own. In a way, it's almost refreshing to see a good color on a pet that usually doesn't get anything all that great. Plus more diverse Royals = very yes. I actually can't think of the last generic fairy-tale Royal we got, which is a good thing :3

Besides, a monkey pet just seems to fit. The Nimmo may have been a tiny bit more appropriate (I always thought of them as being rather Asian in nature, mostly due to their petpage and the various Nimmos dressed as ninjas etc. around the site)... actually, using this design for the Royal Nimmo would've been awesome, cause then I could get a Royalboy and name it Frogfucius and put it on the same account as a Mallow Grundo. :P
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

chickvw wrote:
Exactly. Good design.. AWESOME design... but on a wretched mynci... *shudder* I Loathe Monkeys... Nimmo, Lenny, Draik, Kougra.. all better choices.. hell, even an Kyrii or something... Elephante has as much "chinese history" and the monkeys... *whimpers*

I'm going to curl up and remind myself how evil myncis are.
Once again, why should the over-popular species get all the good redraws? That only ensures they STAY over-popular and other species don't get the chance to get popular. Also, just because you prefer another species that doesn't mean everyone else does. Personally, Im sick of draiks or lennies getting all the good redraws while myncis are neglected. I think they deserved a nice colour that people would want for once.
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

Settingshadow wrote:The monkey is pretty entangled in Chinese culture, so I'm happy with this.
I really like the diversity of Royal recently: Korbats, Draiks and now this. I'd like to see the Gnorbu pull off a camel-sort of African royalty and maybe the Royal Ruki could be African -- I can imagine that looking nice.
Actually, they probably wouldn't do African royalty for the gnorbu. That would probably be better suited for the elephante or another African based species. Sinse the gnorbu is based off a llama, that means South America. I would love to see them do an ancient Aztec, Mayan, or Incan theme. Inca would probably suit them better, as they lived in the mountains and used llamas to carry their gold, silver, potatoes, and other stuffs up and down. Royal Incan design, that would rock beyond belief.

^^ Ok, I can't remember if I replied to the myncies yet (I'm too lazy to look) but whoot. I like them. I like very few royal species, I just don't do most anthro neopets, especially the way they draw them (eyries are the ban of my existence, they look God awful. And the poogles scare me quite frankly), I tend to prefer the animals that are just made like royalty and unanthropomorphisized (like the flotsams, unis, kougra if I still liked kougras, that kinda thing. I really like the royalboy cybunny, too, cause it's like Alice and Wonderland themed. But that's beside the point. I like the myncies... they have te right to be anthropomorphic. I like them a lot, and I love the chinese theme to them. ^^
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Dragyn wrote: I really like the royalboy cybunny, too, cause it's like Alice and Wonderland themed. But that's beside the point. I like the myncies... they have te right to be anthropomorphic. I like them a lot, and I love the chinese theme to them. ^^
Animals which naturally adopt bi-pedal stances anyway work well in royal (the cybunnies, myncis etc) as do anthros in general. It gets a little more dodgy when they try to make a quadraped anthro because it involves changing the whole bone structure, and it can be a disaster.
Akjara

Post by Akjara »

Dragyn wrote: Sinse the gnorbu is based off a llama, that means South America. I would love to see them do an ancient Aztec, Mayan, or Incan theme.
Something like this? *g*

Sorry, couldn't find a better picture. :lol:
Help me to make my Dreams come true?