Tyrannian and Jelly Kyrii

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Tyrannian and Jelly Kyrii

Post by varii »

ImageImage

Someone was rather sloppy when finishing Jelly, you can see little white specs all around.
rei @ neopets
Fury

Re: Tyrannian and Jelly Kyrii

Post by Fury »

I think the Tyrannian Kyrii is great, although it's disappointing the majority of Tyrannian pets don't come with any clothes or accessories. I reckon they should've stuck on a bone-in-the-hair, a funky fang earring or perhaps even included a spear or menacing looking club. I do like the details they've added in though, such as the teeth, glare and matted hair.

Jelly is... Jelly. I've never had much of an opinion on it, haha!
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Meh, I'm not impressed by either of their colors. The color used on the Tyrannian's mane is a rather disgusting shade.
However, the new desertish outfit is great!

Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Arbor

Post by Arbor »

Bad choice of colour on the Tyrannian's mane. It looks like seriously matted fur. Or/, am I the only one having flash backs to a moldy sponge that no one wants to have to touch to throw away, so it just keeps growing and mutating?

I do like the colours of the body and eye, though.

Aside from the distracting... feather... on top of that turban, that new outfit does look rather snazzy. :D
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Ugh. I'd love Tyrannian if it weren't for that fugly, matted-looking mane. Maybe if I added the right hat.... Regardless, I'm probably going to start target zapping for it because I have a pile of LD Kyrii accessories that are just begging to be used, and this is the first Kyrii post-customization that actually intrigues me.

Jelly is Jelly, and now that I can see the pixelated outline I can't unsee it. :/
Fury

Post by Fury »

Arbor wrote:Bad choice of colour on the Tyrannian's mane. It looks like seriously matted fur.
That's the whole point, I'm guessing! It's tyrannian. It's been living like a caveman, it's not going to look like it's advertising Pantene Pro V. I think it looks awesome.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I don't know. I suppose they're okay but the Tyrannian one reminds me of the Halloween...Image Image
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The matted fur idea is cool in concept, but the execution is terrible.
I work at a shelter and I can think of half a dozen disgusting things that come in that shade. If it was a brown or something that may have been better.

And if it was actually drawn like matted fur. It looks like a carpet :P
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I was hoping for something better than this. D: Kyriis are my favorite species. I guess the jelly would be okay if it weren't pink (I personally hate the color), but I guess if you like jelly pets and the color pink, it's great. It's just not jelly anymore without the seethrough bodies. ):

Tyrannian is just an eye-sore. Is it really that hard to pick colors that look good together? The mane looks like the color of baby poop (the tail looks like a piece of poop too). It makes the cream color of the regular fur look almost pink in some areas. And why must they add tusks to the weirdest species? They make sense on species like the elephante and kougra, but a lot of them seem more WTF-worthy.

And the new shopkeepers are fugly, too. I'm thinking TNT can't draw kyriis anymore. I'm not really fond of the clothes, either. Totally not thrilled.

Post by 23639377 »

Hey, the Tyrannian is cool! But as the others mentioned, the shadings are bad. And one more thing about it is that the colour of its belly doesn't match the body. The jelly doesn't look shiny either.
(Forum set is under construction)
Fullmetal Dragon
Human Avatar: 156401

Post by Fullmetal Dragon »

Eww. I wish nobody had mentioned the white pixels on Jelly, because that looks awful and very lazy D: Well, more so than the pet already does.

And the very first thing I thought when I saw the Tyrannian Kyrii was that its hair looked like a pile of mold. Eww. And now I see everyone else basically shares my perception, too. I was really looking forward to Kyrii day, Kyrii are my favorite species ;_; Oh well. I guess there's always next year.

That outfit is pretty neat, though, at least. I love the feather, too.
<3
Usul_Princess

Post by Usul_Princess »

Seerow wrote:The matted fur idea is cool in concept, but the execution is terrible.

Bingo!! It looks like a slimy hairball with legs. And yes, with all this enforced customization, you'd think they'd put a toga on the little naked thing.

Jelly: ...White pixels? I see no pixels! *squints*
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

Nogitsune wrote:Image Image
It's painfully obvious how blurry the new pet art is when it's standing side-by-side with an older image. D:

Seerow's hit on why I hate the matted look; I can appreciate what TNT was going for, but I think the way they approached the idea is awful. It doesn't even look like hair to me; it's like a thick, lumpy, filthy, wooly blanket pillow was strapped to the poor thing. It almost looks like a dung wig. I actually like the neck tuff and the arm fur, but the head hair and tail don't cut it for me.
Last edited by Officer 1BDI on 29 Aug 2008 06:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I looked at these things again and thought of something. A better color scheme and dredlocks is what the tyrannian kyrii needs. It would be so much better.

I've got a more general question, though. Tyrannia is hot right? I would think dry heat on the plateau and suffocating humidity in the greener region. So why is it that lots of tyrannian pets have added fur? It goes against logic. Then again, I don't know much about prehistoric animals, so I'm partially guessing.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

Super-shaggy mammals, like mammoths, lived in a very cold (Ice Age) climate. But artists persist in drawing even lowland, warm-climate critters with long, shaggy fur, because I guess it was the past so they didn't have hairdressers.
Image Image