Faerie Ogrin

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Usul_Princess

Faerie Ogrin

Post by Usul_Princess »

....I'm actually the first to post on this in New Colours? Yay me! (I don't think we're done slaugtering the Darigan poogle yet...)

It's faerie, and it's an Ogrin. What can I say?

I don't like any "butterfly-winged" faeries. But given the general hatred of the species, it's "not bad" by Ogrin standards. The pink base is very toned down, which is a big plus. But other than that...there isn't much to say about any faerie color that comes out because they're all unnaturally pinned down to the ground, taking out the "emotion" factor I used to love in faerie PB's. People still buy 'em anyway though.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Re: Faerie Ogrin

Post by Seerow »

Bah, Ogrins being one of my favorite specie and Faerie being my (well used to be) favorite color, this is just really depressing. I do like the pink and cream combo, but it doesn't scream faerie. Add the very lackluster wings, which don't even seem to be connected to the body, and you have a not very impressive pet. Its not horrible per se, but given the outrageous cost of the PB, definitely fails.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm not a fan of ogrins in the first place, and this certainly won't convert anyone. The color combo is nice (but doesn't seem very faerie-ish to me), but those wings. D: Is it really that hard to put the nearest one in front of the mane? They just look stupid otherwise Wings don't work like that! D:
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

I like my psuedo!Faerie Ogrin better. =P (...Gah! I need to feed my pets.)

This looks very little like the Faerie Ogrin I've been dreaming of since, well, Ogrins existed; only the colors even come close, and they're still a disappointment. Even for a post-customization Faerie pet, this seems really lackluster; the wings could be more detailed (and for crying out loud, they don't even look connected to the body!), and the pet in general just looks like a mauve colored Ogrin that is wearing a pair of butterfly wings. Nothing about this pet really screams "Faerie" to me... or "3,000,000 NP price tag".
I don't think we're done slaugtering the Darigan poogle yet...
I missed the news yesterday, so I haven't seen it y... oh dear lord! D:
varii

Post by varii »

This is so cut-and-paste, I can't even think of any critique. It would be maybe interesting if you could remove the wings, but that would be awful in a different way I suppose. I think post 2.0, faerie has the least amount of pets which I actually like. This is definitely not one of them.
rei @ neopets
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

I like the base color, raspberry with darker hair and cream points. But the wings? No, not working. The color seems off, and of course the placing is VERY off. :-/
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

This is just plain lazy, the colours are alright I guess, but it's essentially just a Pink Ogrin with (very ugly) wings stuck on it. Then again, that's all most Faerie pets are these days.
Rainbow Daydreamer

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

I like the colour combination. I disagree about that, hebdenhippy-- it's not glaring like a Pink pet would be, it's more of an elegant raspberry colour, and the cream sets it off rather prettily, as do the darker stripes. I think they could have made more of the wings-- they're oddly understated, which is not a quality I've ever associated with an Ogrin.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.

Post by 23639377 »

It sucks. Although the colours are nice (yet strange combination), the shape of the wings are a direct copy of a Wocky's. And the wings don't seem detached to the body.
(Forum set is under construction)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

23639377 wrote: ...the shape of the wings are a direct copy of a Wocky's.
Oh my, you're right! I thought they looked familiar. How incredibly lazy is that?

Image Image

I'm not that wild about the colour scheme either. Looks dull. Also the blurriness of the profile sized images in all the recent pets is still driving me up the wall.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
daisybell

Post by daisybell »

It makes me think of rhubarb and custard in terms of colours.

But it's awfully boring for a faerie pet- no attempt to add anything except wings, not even some antennae or anything. The mane could have been made fluffier or *something*- 3 million Neopoints for some wings that don't really fit very well is far too much. The only reason to paint an ogrin faerie would be for the status value.
Neopets wishlists: here
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

It's very similar in colouring and wing style to a Faerie Wocky. I like the colouring, I just feel that Faerie pets since customisation just look so dull - the Faerie Pteri is a case in point. I wish the Pink Ogrin had that colouring and the Faerie Ogrin had some features to redeem the 3 million NP price tag. Boy am I glad I have the Lab Ray!
uberstav

Post by uberstav »

i despise neopets for sucking the life out of all faerie neopets. ARGH :K
Omg Its Demi

Post by Omg Its Demi »

You have to be kidding me...
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

*boggles* I don't know why they'd even try to suggest that this could possibly be released. It's awful. I like the Darigan Poogle better. At least it doesn't have lame, copied, poorly-resized, pixelly-edged wings that don't fit.
Image Image