Fire and Plushie Ogrin + Clothes

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
varii

Fire and Plushie Ogrin + Clothes

Post by varii »

ImageImage

Both of the manes here kind of ruin the colours for me. Fire more so than plushie. If the chocolate Ogrin can have a creative mane, why can't these? It just makes it very obvious that the artists are just filling in the colour like they would a colouring book, rather than putting thought into what would look best. I do like Plushie's body though.

ImageImage

They kind of got the shaft when it comes to clothes in my opinion. 5 items designed not to be mixed and matched. I don't know, maybe if you have an Ogrin these are more exciting to you. :/
rei @ neopets
Usul_Princess

Re: Fire and Plushie Ogrin + Clothes

Post by Usul_Princess »

That pinstripe suit is so hideous!
The colors are...just like varii said. Poor. I don't know how anyone could draw plushie that bad. It does look like outside-the-lines coloring.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I actually love the colors USED on plushie. It makes me sad that the ogrin got so shafted before customization (after, too) because I think those colors in a different post might have really made a lovely pet.

Everything else sucks.
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I like the colour combination on the Plushie, the little stiching detail is a nice touch. though I wish they'd made the mane, neck fur and tail look a bit more like fabric and not fur.
I quite like Fire, except for the mane. I hate the hair outline TNT should remove it.
WisteriaLynx
Human Avatar: 319191

Post by WisteriaLynx »

Aww, c'mon. These could have been great so easily. D: *loves Ogrins and wishes they had more pretty colours*

The manes *are* bad.. on fire, it looks like someone got lazy at the last minute and didn't erase the outlines under the flames. Plushie is just lazy (but maybe could have been nice before customisation? I don't know; new plushie pets always leave me a little bitter).
The suit is hideous on its own; and then they put it on a pet where its colours just don't go... I kind of like the dress set, though, without that necklace-thingie.
Officer 1BDI
Human Avatar: 150891

Post by Officer 1BDI »

varii wrote:5 items designed not to be mixed and matched. I don't know, maybe if you have an Ogrin these are more exciting to you. :/
I can't speak for everyone, but... no. The choker might be useful, but other than that none of these clothes seem appealing to me.

Plushie looked a lot better in the other thread. The smaller size really doesn't do it any good; a lot of the stitching detail gets lost or becomes too distracting (the eyes are especially creepy now, and not in the "good" Plushie Xweetok sort of way). Fire hasn't changed since I last saw it, so I still despise the mohawk, but if I ever got a Fire Ogrin zap I'd be tempted to keep it nonetheless.

Ogrins got screwed this year. TNT didn't even bother to make a new species day image for them. :?
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I don't like either very much, but then again, I'm not an ogrin fan (the only one I like is Captain Rourke). The only thing I really like on either of them is their colors (the colors are very nice together). But other than that, they're hideous. And the clothes are ugly, too. Why doesn't TNT get it? Pets on four legs can't wear dresses (or regular clothes for that matter, good grief).
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

I actually like the Plushie Ogrin very much. The colors are enough for me to forgive the mohawk, which would have been cluttery anyways if it was wool or so.

I don't find is as creepy as the Xweetok, which I disliked with violence, though.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Plushie one has grown on me I think. Its the colors that do it for me really. I don't mind the mane so much, as like Iggy, I think it would have been a little too cluttery if it had been flopping down. If the paint brush wasn't so ungodly expensive, I might get one.

Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

The large one is a lot nicer, Seerow, thank you for posting it. I really do love its colors, especially that green color on the paws.
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

I also love the colors used on plushie, but converted plushies don't do anything for me. Everytime I see a new redraw pet I think, "how would this have looked before customization?" It makes me kinda sad.

However, if I was a brand new player who has never seen the old plushie pets... I'd probably be more excited about this.

Oh, and it get minus 10 points for being an Ogrin :P
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Ugh, I HATE the fire one. The mane is catastrophically blotchy, like someone had their 3-year-old cousin color it in. I actually like plushie, though again it's that blasted mane. I likewise lament that customization standards killed all potential for both - the fire hair could have been flames (see the nice tail for contrast?), and the plushie hair could have been some interesting texture like yarn or heck even straw.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

Well, I've already expressed my thoughts on the colours. Fire could be so much better without the lineart in the mane and plushie is good for a unconverted plushie pet. ^^

The dress is slowly growing on me, but wouldn't be something I'd particularly wanted or rush after to buy. But I could definitely do without the suit. Not appealing at all <.<
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

The colors on the plushie are nice, but it's an ogrin. The clothes would have looked good on any other species, but it's an ogrin.
Why are ogrins a species again?
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

Michelle wrote:Why are ogrins a species again?
Cause Ogrins are awesome :( So very very little Ogrin love. Don't listen to them Imurtal, I still love you!
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.