Royal Kacheeks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Royal Kacheeks

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Royal Boy:

Royal Girl:

My first thought was, "Oh, look....dark green Kacheeks with new clothing."
Then I realized that Kacheeks do not come in the dark green variety, and that these are Royal Kacheeks. :P
EofS

Re: Royal Kacheeks

Post by EofS »

That's odd, the royalgirl doesn't have female eyes. Looks more like it's the royalgirl clothing on the royalboy base.

I kind of like them, as much as royal pets ever appeal to me (which is not much at all). They're certainly different. I love the teal, I'm not convinced it goes though.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

... interesting.

They kind of almost look like what I imagined a Shenkuu paint job to look like. As a result I wish the RG's rose was something more oriental (lotus blossom?). Her jewel thing is set too low on her eyes and the tuft of two hairs on her head is funny looking.

I think they did a good job with the clothes, considering how limited the fixed pose is.

Anyway... YAY ROYAL! It beats camo or orange or something!

Edit: and I agree with the above comment on the teal. I think, if I were to get one, I'd double paint with a colour that's more interesting as a base. Pink might look cute! :mrgreen:
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

The clothes are all done in a soft, colored line art. While I like the style, I'm not digging it mixed the the basic black line art of the base kacheeks. It makes them look fake to me, and almost fuzzy.

And the two hairs make her look bald. x) Poor dear.
varii

Post by varii »

My first thought was, Wow, how lazy. I'm wondering if that isn't the actual Girl base, because they are exactly the same shade. I am crossing my fingers.

Anyway. I was REALLY looking forward to royal. I don't really like the Shenkuu look for them and wish the artists had gone another direction. I think the male's hat is silly. I just don't think the clothes look like they fit the pets... it looks like the Kacheeks are wearing costumes instead of actually being royal. I guess on the brightside the individual pieces look nice enough. :/

And also the species clothes that were released today: Why two pairs of sandals? I get that there is a bit of a theme going on, but I would have gladly traded the 2nd pair for something they could hold, a camera maybe?

Overall I am just very Eh about Kacheek day. And I would have been easily pleased with eyes with a bit of character or a scepter or something. Ugh.
rei @ neopets
orangebroccoli
Human Avatar: 200738

Post by orangebroccoli »

Very interesting.

The Royal Boy is okay, not horrible, but not amazing either. The outfit would be awesome.....if not for the hat. T.T

I mean it looks nice in itself, but on the outfit....ew.

The Royal Girl is adorable. I'll have to agree with Larkspurlane, and say that the flower should've been different. And that headband.....0_o It's nice.....but, odd.

Rest of outfit=<3 Totally making Ginadii a RG Kacheek. I might remove the crown. Speaking of which, is the flower and crown thingie connected? I hope not.....)x
Strick

Post by Strick »

I personally think that the best thing about Kacheek day are the denim shorts and denim skirt. (assuming that they are actually released in a timely manner unlike previous pet day clothes)
NeonDragonfly

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I'm a little dissapointed with the base colours being similar, the female being slightly lighter. The colour is nice though.

The clothes for the RoyalGirl are lovely, the head crown is rather spiffy I like the flower, but the forward piece looks a little awkward over her eyes.

The RoyalBoy hat is odd, very strange looking. Interesting colours though.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

Well, personally, I LOVE the royalgirl's outfit so so so so so much and want this for Arien very much cause Arien'll look pretty in a dress.

....yes, yes, i know.

I'm curious to see if the Royalgirl DOES come in another shade. Very curious to see :O Since it does look like the RG clothes on the RB base. On that note, though, I think the base color is a very very pretty shade.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I'm not that into these. On one hand, the clothes are nice (except for the spatulas sticking out of the RB's hat). On the other hand, I don't think the green base really matches the clothes on either one. It's decent for the boy, but clashes with the girl. That said, the clothes are nice, given the strange body of the kacheek, and neither of them have those ugly fists. They look like they're waving to a crowd before giving a speech or something. :D
kerise1

Post by kerise1 »

Actually, the RB kacheek's hat is similar to what officials used to wear last time in China xD I assume the RB's hat is meant to be drawn in that style.

Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

I actually rather like the girl's outfit and base color together, I think they match nicely. Not terribly fond of the flower, but the rest of the outfit is nice.

Male is pretty good too, though the hat is forgettable.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
Pillow

Post by Pillow »

I love the royal girl. I can't say anything much else about it. Though I agree that the colour of the base goes wonderfully with the pink of the dress.

The boy is okay, nothing special. Though his hat, with the protrusions on either side, reminds me of a jackhammer handle. XD;
Lark

Post by Lark »

I loathe the base color :x The boy is pretty nice. I find the hat oddly cute on him.

The girl is completely awful. The crown is too big especially the gem. I would like it better if it were a bit higher. It's too close to her eyes. The dress(kimono?) looks bulky and doesn't fit her properly. The green gem at her waist is very distracting. My eye goes right to it. The necklace just looks plain wrong . Maybe it's the green gems again?
Paint

Post by Paint »

I really don't like the base colour with the outfits, but the outfits themselves are very pretty. Especially the Royalgirl, although I have to say I'm a fan of the boy's hat. I think it would have to be a double paint job, though, the green base would be nice with something else but not the Royal clothing, imo. :\

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.