Desert and Chocolate Myncies

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Desert and Chocolate Myncies

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Wow...I love it!

Cute.

Credit goes to this forum's Mynci Prediction Day thread. ;)
Thanks for the thread, Nogitsune! :D
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Re: Desert and Chocolate Myncies

Post by Nogitsune »

Thanks for the credit! :) I just saw these in the news. If I were inclined to get a Mynci I'd certainly go for the Desert one! The Chocolate isn't too shabby either. The whip cream looks like a strange hairdo.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

How cool is Desert's headgear! I don't like the shape of it -- but it has a gold anubis! :D And at least it's holding something.

Chocolate's tail looks really yummy. Could've done with more details on the front/belly (maybe little sprinkles or something). I like the extra dribbles of whipped cream coming off of its "hair". :9
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Oooh. I love the desert one. That's the brown I was looking for instead of the icky poopy color used on the brown mynci. The anubis crown is a nice touch, and it's holding something. Yay!

I can't help but feel that chocolate is missing a cherry and, you know, candy eyes.
Seerow
Human Avatar: 155383

Post by Seerow »

The Desert one is very nice indeed. I like the fact that they used an Anubis on the hat, even though I don't particularly like the hat much itself. I really like the browns and turquoise combo here.
The Chocolate one is alright, though something about the face is bothering me.

That is quite scary. Looks like someone gave it some laxative or something.

Edit: Hmm it looks like it got tweaked or something. I swear when it was posted on Jellyneo it was missing like half of its animation and didn't look at all like it was crying.
Wanna donate towards my drink gallery, the Golden Goblet.
varii

Post by varii »

I'm not a fan of the Desert's hat, but God I love that base colour. Love it. I would take the head dress off and put on a derby or something.

I do not like chocolate. At all. It looks like it got pooped on.
rei @ neopets
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

I just wonder, sometimes. Animations like these, of which there are many, have to be purposely made to look bizarre. No one in their right mind can unknowingly make this many animations of the faces someone makes when they poop. So why then, do they keep doing this? I like creepy, gross, and disgusting things. But not like this. I imagine if they make one of a mynci throwing a ball, it's going to look like it's flinging excrement at you.

I also thank you, Nogitsune. I don't post much, but I still read the threads.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Wow, Seerow... that animation is so bad it's mesmerizing. It's supposed to be crying? It looks like SOMETHING is happening to its lower half (I don't even want to start conjecturing) and it is either intensely pleasurable or very painful. EWW.
Animations like these, of which there are many, have to be purposely made to look bizarre. No one in their right mind can unknowingly make this many animations of the faces someone makes when they poop.
This made me laugh for like five minutes. My new project is to collect the poopface animations on a petpage.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I can't believe no one's said it already. The desert mynci has something to hold! :D It doesn't just have a stupid fist. Out of all the desert pets, only six, including the mynci, have something to hold (three of them coming out post customization). Other than that, I love it. I'm love myncis anyway, but this is cute. I'm glad it has a skirt and not a diaper. I'm not a big fan of the hat, but I do like the anubis, and I could live with it if I got one. (Now I have absolutely no idea which desert pet to get for my themed account).

The chocolate it kinda cute, too, though it doesn't really look like chocolate. Some of the others at least kinda look like they're made out of food, but the mynci really doesn't. I do like the base color, though.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Wow, TWO Myncis I can tolerate? This calls for celebration! Really, these are nicely done, for Myncis especially. I still want to hit the Chocolate one in the face with a cream pie and never look at its eyes again. The headgear and color on the Desert hide the fugly eyelids pretty well, and the clothing is rather spiffy.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I don't even like Myncis but I love the Desert - the teal accents are especially nice. I also usually find Myncis' eyes creepy but the Desert has eyes I can look at without running away! And of course, yay for something to hold and not just a stupid fist. Though I do sometimes wish that Jetsams and other 'tough' pets had knuckle dusters to at least brighten up those clenched fists.

Chocolate is OK - it isn't terrible, but I wish it had cherries or sprinkles or a candy-cane tail or something in addition to whipped cream.
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried to paint a Mynci Desert? Neither colour seems to be at the Rainbow Pool. Again.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Paint

Post by Paint »

Desert is okay. The clothes are quite nice, but the dark teal doesn't really work for me. Just a bit too busy, imo.
On the other hand, I love the chocolate one =D

Many thanks to the wonderful Tiel for the set.
Louboutins

Post by Louboutins »

Wow, I LOVE desert. I love the teal and the hat. It looks pretty royal. Easily one of my favourite deserts. And I don't particularly like myncis..!

Chocolate is alright. But seems pretty average.. Could do with some sweet accessories.
Anna the Red

Post by Anna the Red »

I love both of these. The detail on the Desert is nice, with cool items and a really nice base colour, and the chocolate Mynci looks both animated and delicious.

I am seriously considering morphing Geerion back into a Mynci now. I suppose he has been a Lenny for a while....