Glowing and Ice Krawks

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
chocolatefairy13

Glowing and Ice Krawks

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Credit goes to Nogitsune's Krawk Day Prediction thread.

My thoughts: What's there to say? There's nothing spectacular about either one.
Arviragus

Re: Glowing and Ice Krawks

Post by Arviragus »

That Glowing is particularly uninspired. They didn't even bother to use a gradient to gradually fade it to transparent.

These both need to take a ride on the Failboat.
Subeta
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

The Glowing one appears to have fallen out of a Ready Brek commercial circa 1986

I like the colours on the Ice one... I must be coming down with something.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
thelonetiel
Human Avatar: 15268

Post by thelonetiel »

I wouldn't judge that yet, Arviragus. If you look at it on a white background (like it will be on the news) it looks fine. Seems like most of the time the images used for the news are often inaccurate, not only in transparency, but sometimes in clothing as well (if I remember right). They're a quick save, not something substantial (although it is arguable as to whether they should take more care to get it right).

The way the legs are shaded on the ice make me like it more than the standard krawk. Maybe just because it *has* shading. Still, an unlikely to own pet. Does the Fountain Faerie do ice? Otherwise you are going to have to rely on the lab (eek) or the fishing potion that changes color. So essentially another very hard to get, bragging rights pet that is unappealing otherwise.
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

I don't think you can get ice by FFQs. Can you?

Someone asked me for an ice krawk in exchange for their UC faerie grarrl. Lolllll. :( No way I'm flasking for ice.

No comment on glowing. Ice could've done with more translucence/shine, it just looks like a lightly-outlined ice-blue pet (save for some nice shinies on one arm).
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Vertalus

Post by Vertalus »

Once again my dreams of a Camo Krawk have been dashed by two lackluster colours
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

They'll probably come out with an ice petpet soon, the way they did an ice egg for Draiks.

Because otherwise, as you said, it's a really, really hard to come by color for a pet that already comes with sufficient challenges.
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

They'll probably come out with an ice petpet soon, the way they did an ice egg for Draiks.
Ice is a lab-only color for petpet as well, right?
And, labbed Krawks can't become a Krawk pet.

Wonder how they'll go around that
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Is ice even a petpet colour right now? At the petpet puddle I only see "island" under the I's.

Unless they just start stocking ice krawks along with the plain ones, saves them having to create an ice petpet paint brush or however they'd go about doing it. They stock several colours of draik eggs (darigan and ice + the basics) so...

But speculations aside, something tells me the only options will be flasking and labbing for a long time. 1/40 chances of ice on the flasks, I think? Oi.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Well I'm breathing a sigh of relief. No baby, no invisible, I'd call this a successful krawk day!

Ice is rather pretty. I like the blue colors. And it gets to be "special", so there's that.

Glowing is glowing, what do you want from it?

It's all very boring, but I could not be happier.
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Glowing is... glowing? :/ Not too exciting. The ice is too small for me to see clearly, so I'll reserve my judgement on it for now.
clsimmons1985

Post by clsimmons1985 »

Glowing is pretty hideous, particularly the glow around the outside.

But I actually love the ice one! I must admit, I do really like ice pets, but this one stands out to me as actually looking like ice :)

That said, I have no plans on flasking for an ice krawk, that is just too expensive for me...
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Yes, the petpet lab can give you an ice petpet, but the petpet lab usually changes colour and species at the same time - for example, when it gave me a custard rock, it changed it to a chocolate turmac without just giving me a chocolate rock in between as the regular lab is more likely to do.

And I don't think the Fountain Faerie does ice, but don't quote me. The ice krawk isn't spectacular anyway! The glowing is glowing.

The best things about Krawk Day are the new items - the plushies are adorable, as are the quiches.
ICPfandom

Post by ICPfandom »

Ice: Cool
Glow: NO!