Camouflage and Speckled Peophins

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
champagnesoup

Camouflage and Speckled Peophins

Post by champagnesoup »

Image Image

I guess the news was released early because of the weekend - as I discovered when I tried to get Vashnaraya free training!

Anyway, both colours are rather....meh. I'm not really a fan of the sunset shades used on the Camo, and it's a shame that it isn't nearly as pretty or creative as the Flotsam - being a water creature too, I'm surprised by this. I like that the Speckled isn't polka-dotted, and has that nice daisies-on-a-lawn feel to it, but it's rather so-so.

I'm fond of those new clothes though!

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

How ugly are those new shopkeepers though? Geez TNT, it's not 2005!
Last edited by champagnesoup on 24 Jul 2009 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeonDragonfly

Re: Camoflauge and Speckled Peophins

Post by NeonDragonfly »

I quite like Camouflage, I agree that it would have been better to have more aquatic colours, but I quite like the colours they've used. They put me in mind of Autumn.
Speckled is rather pretty, I like the dark green mane. And I feel like the speckles have been evenly placed.

The clothes are really cool, the spy set is great, and I really like that headress.
Last edited by NeonDragonfly on 24 Jul 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bacon

Post by Bacon »

They spelled camouflage wrong... both on the pet graphic and news page... wow!
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I quite like the camouflage, the colors look nice together but I don't like how that on huge brown spot covers its whole neck...

Speckled is nice but too much green and not enough white for me :/
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
invsagoth

Post by invsagoth »

I actually really like the speckled. Since I'm usually not all that keen on the color, I'm happy to see that they did it in a pretty and interesting way. I'm tempted to have one, as a crosspaint of some sort. I'm not sure I like the mane though, so I'd have to think about it.

I am disappointed by the camouflage, I wish it had been like the flotsam. Especially since I actually would want a peophin, where I'm not all that interested in owning a flotsam. Oh well.

I like the clothes very much! I like the MIB outfit, though I doubt I'd buy it. I really do want the other outfit though!
Thank you to Jazzy for the av!
Wingsrising
Human Avatar: 157670

Post by Wingsrising »

I also quite like the Specked, which isn't something I can say often. There's nothing wrong with camouflage per se, but I wish it had been watery. :-(

I might have to pick up the carousel outfit once it deflates.
champagnesoup

Re: Camouflage and Speckled Peophins

Post by champagnesoup »

Bacon - I spelt Camouflage wrong because I was following TNT's spelling, d'oh! It's not as if TNT aren't known for spelling/grammar errors though ;)
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

That may be one of my favourite speckled pets on the site. It appeals to me greatly for some reason.
Not too keen on camo - it has such strong colours in places that they override the subtle shading making the overall effect a bit flat.

Nice clothes though - love the spy outfit. Very cool!
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
hebdenhippy
Human Avatar: 235278

Post by hebdenhippy »

I'm pretty disappointed by both of these. The colour choice for Camouflage seems somewhat inappropriate for a water dwelling creature. I prefer Speckled pets with large white splodges, you can barely make out the speckles on the Peophin, although I do like the white on the feet and tail.

The clothes are quite nice, I like the spy outfit.
Mimzi

Post by Mimzi »

The green exterior and red interior of the Speckled Peo's gem annoy me. And the spritz of white the put at the bottom of it's jaw. Looks weird. But I like that the hooves are brown, not green or white. Not the worst speckled pet, but not the best.

I was really hoping for an aquamarine coloring for the camo version of the Peo. This color is pretty, but it doesn't match the Peophin's nature. As in, basically the only place it could hide in would be coral.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

WTF were they smoking...?

OK, Speckled is pretty nice actually. I like that the mane is darker, and the distribution of white is done well. Then again, I'd have been all for an Appaloosa type color.

Camo is garish nonsense. I must have gotten spoiled on seeing the Flotsam. Heck, with the Peo's camo colors, I could MAYBE imagine coral, but it's not in the right shapes either.

The shopkeepers are horrid.
Image - Who drew THAT monster? I know TNT's artists aren't THAT bad...
Image - not quite so bad, but wow look at that mane and broken leg.
Jessi
Human Avatar: 155904

Post by Jessi »

I don't care much for Camo, but I find the speckled to be quite lovely. I love how its hooves/feet are white, like it dipped them into white paint. It's just a nice little image for me xD

On a different note, did anyone notice there are two pages of Peophin artwork in the gallery? Have they started that back up and I didn't notice? Either way, it was nice to see two pages of art back again!
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

The striped peophin shopkeeper made me go O.O

What the deuce.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

I love the colors on the camo, but I can't really see it hiding anywhere. XD Speckled is a so/so color for me. I love the white tips, but I think the random body spots could stand to be a bit bigger. Not huge or anything, but it would be nice if they looked like something more than paint spatter.
Xelio

Post by Xelio »

That first shopkeeper reminds me of one of those "I Can Has Cheezburger?" images. Its just that manic. Out of curiosity, I checked, and yes it does have its own wikipedia entry in addition to its website, for those that have no idea what I'm talking about. (For once, I feel okay citing a wiki on something! Durn scholarly sources for papers.)

We R haz gud drugz 4 sAlE! Buy mah stuffz!

And I agree, camouflage is as lazy and pathetic as TNTs typos in regards to it that Bacon pointed out. As for speckled, I'm not sure that I really like it or its just that I like it better than what its sitting next to. Least the clothes are decent.
Thanks Tiel for the lovely set!
Subeta - Neopets