Chocolate & Speckled Kyriis

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Pyrostatic

Chocolate & Speckled Kyriis

Post by Pyrostatic »

Image Image
Credit to: Jellyneo and the other Nocolours site.

Chocolate's actually pretty nice on Kyriis. Everything makes sense, the whipped cream mane, the sprinkles seem to follow the flow of the mane and are spaced out nicely. I like the white chocolate markings on it's limbs. Even the little detail on the chest makes it look like actual white chocolate. The only thing missing is that cherry. I would have liked a cherry on the top of it's head.

Speckled's not too bad either. The blue eyes compliment it well. The speckles are small and subtle in some areas, while the white on the it's hands, feet and nose look very nice too. Again, it makes sense; it flows with the body.

Overall, not a bad day for Kyriis. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Pyrostatic on 28 Aug 2009 07:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mistress Morbid

Re: Chocolate & Speckled Kyriis

Post by Mistress Morbid »

I agree, these are some pretty solid colours. Nothing I particularly want, but for what they are they're good.

I also think chocolate could use a cherry though. :)
Image Image
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

I like the speckled one, oddly enough. The speckles and the white hands and feet are very cute (and the white hands sort of kind of not really remind me of the kyrii's predecessor, the Fuzio).

Chocolate I don't like. I can't put my finger on any one thing, it just doesn't look good, or particularly tasty, or even chocolate-like. The sprinkles look weird.
Fuzzy
Human Avatar: 7837

Post by Fuzzy »

Speckled is very nice. I think it might be my favorite post-customization kyrii. The blue used for they eyes is also pretty.

I don't really care for chocolate pets, and this is no exception. The whipped cream looks really odd around the neck area.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

I quite like speckled. It's subtle and light and I really like blue eyes. It's a shame that white kyrii had it's eye colour changed to brown after the customization - I thought it looked great with blue ones.

As for chocolate, I'm with Ailiel - something bothers me about it, most likely the sprinkles. They look even stranger on the smaller profile image. Also I wish they kept the foamy texture of the cream through out the mane and not tried to imitate the hair at the middle part.

Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta
Mistress Morbid

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Yeah, I think the sprinkles along with the stripes give it an overall way-too-busy look. It's really noticeable on the small image since everything's more condensed. I think they went a bit overboard with the sprinkles, not to mention they're all identical only put on at separate angles. If they varied the shapes and sizes it might not look so weird.
Image Image
lavender
Human Avatar: 168295

Post by lavender »

Chocolate - NO CHERRIES?! C'mon, that's not right! Anyways. It's not a bad color.

Speckled - It's ok, but I think there's too much white.
{neopets: _lavender} ImageImage Image {subeta: lavenderkennedy}
Plushie Lenny

Post by Plushie Lenny »

Chococlate: Its cute but i think the whipped cream mane could be toned down a little bit (i.e no sprinkles) but yes i agree WHERE'S THE CHERRY?
Speckled: It suits the kyrii very well, like the Kau

:)
Rah

Post by Rah »

I'm a big fan of kyriis and am two colours away from completing my kyrii clothing collection (disco and halloween!) so I'm kind of glad they haven't brought out a zombie one! And I don't need either of these as they don't have clothing so that's a plus.

Chocolate is ok, but not to die for. Speckled I actually really like - although I'm really not a fan of the colour usually! I really like it around the nose area.
Foghawk
Human Avatar: 254768

Post by Foghawk »

The sprinkles on Chocolate look weird - none of them are foreshortened at all, so they appear flat and two-dimensional. I agree that they should have gone for a foamier texture. Speckled's nice, though the mane's rather dull.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Speckled: If you've ever pondered what it would look like if you tripped a green Kyrii over into a tray of white emulsion, it's your lucky day. It would look *exactly* like this. White nose, feet and hands, splashes everywhere, and seriously annoyed. Pure Brilliant White.

Chocolate: Pretty good, but I'm thinking maybe someone got a little carried away with the squirty cream can. And no cherry :/
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Speckled is okay. I'm sad that they didn't add white tips to its ears. And the mane is really too plain. Other than that, it's fairly nice. Chocolate is okay for chocolate. The whipped cream on the head looks a little odd, but other than that, it's not too bad.

Better than the colors last year, I'd say.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Agrred with TCStarwind, the lack of color on the mane and ears on the speckled makes it seem like its just a green kyrri, ears up.

Chocolate is cute but the sprinkles slightly overdid it.

Overall, a good day for kyriis pretty cute colors ^_^
...formerly known as 'spiraled'
-click-
Pyrostatic

Post by Pyrostatic »

Now that I look at the small version of Chocolate, you guys are right. There is a lot of sprinkles it seems. The big version deceived me. Huh, oh well.
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

Kyriis are one of my least favourite pets (apart from the glorious UC Royalgirl) but these colours are nice enough.

Chocolate is in need of a cherry on top though!