Mutant Uni

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
ICKessler

Post by ICKessler »

This pose:
...reminds me of the horse in Picasso's Guernica.
bonecrivain
Incorrigible Bookworm
Human Avatar: 157826

Post by bonecrivain »

^That almost makes this uni cool.

Not quite, though.
Kamil
Not the nice one
Human Avatar: 72834

Post by Kamil »

I didn't get a chance to comment on this pre-move, but I can't believe how close they came to making a kick-ass, awesome mutant Uni -- and yet, they didn't.

Why in the name of all that is holy isn't that tail a stinger dripping with poison? And why aren't the snakes of the mane, ya know, actual snakes? With open, hissing mouths and long snakey tongues and fangs dripping venom.

WHY, TNT, WHY? It could have been So.Cool. I like the convex head and I don't mind the colors and while the lines are thick it's hardly the only pet suffering under that fate.

But the snakes and the stinger tail would make this the coolest Uni ever -- except for the part where now they won't. Because it doesn't have them -- it just looks like it really wanted to have them but Santa decided it had been a bad Uni that year and so gave it the cheap, sold-on-the-street corner designer knockoffs.

*throws self to floor and kicks heels against carpet screaming, "It's not fair!!"*
Image Image
MM and Twofold rock, yo.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

Oh joy, it's actually not released! :D *hopes to see a redesign*
Huggles
Feral Koala

Post by Huggles »

Angelique Elf wrote: I would like to point out that for the latest desert plot the characters were painted HALLOWEEN, even though it had nothing to do with the haunted forest, quite clearly this is in fact altador related.
Dur, no? The Halloween uni was made to look like the Nightsteed, not the other way round. The same goes for the Halloween yurble and blumaroo. You know, dress up as you're favorite hero or villain?
Umbreonmog

Post by Umbreonmog »

roger9614462 wrote:Oh joy, it's actually not released! :D *hopes to see a redesign*
Yeah, I'm also hopeful that the fact they haven't released this yet means they're realising how god awful it is and wanna redo it first. Not that there's a precedent or anything for that, but I'm hopeful.
Buttersauce

Post by Buttersauce »

Wait....I thought the Mutant Grarrl was already released. What are you guys talking about? :lol:
ImageImage
Friend Code:
3565-8412-4029
Silverevilchao
Human Avatar: 155477

Post by Silverevilchao »

Buttersauce wrote:Wait....I thought the Mutant Grarrl was already released. What are you guys talking about? :lol:
It is already released.

...but it sucks. Badly. As bad as this Mutant.
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

WTF!? The desert plot enemies were not "halloween". They were undead desert mummies. The halloween Uni was just based off them.

It was already said, but that post was so "WTF" it had to be corrected twice.

And the mutant grarrl pertains to this because it's equally shitty.
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

Umbreonmog wrote:
roger9614462 wrote:Oh joy, it's actually not released! :D *hopes to see a redesign*
Yeah, I'm also hopeful that the fact they haven't released this yet means they're realising how god awful it is and wanna redo it first. Not that there's a precedent or anything for that, but I'm hopeful.

But there are lots of horridly drawn pets that they never released... like the old Tyrannian Uni. Of course, there are also horrid pets that they do release, and really good ones that sit around forever, but there's some hope. :wink:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farseek

Post by Farseek »

It is pretty awful. Unis have the potentional to be really cool as mutants so lets hope they rethink this design.
Not all who wander are lost.
Lakota

Post by Lakota »

Geeze it looks like something from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy. And that's no compliement because the art in that cartoon looks cheap and rushed. >_< I guess that crappy style of cartooning has finally gained a foothold in Neopets.

Cons:
too simple
looks like old Neopet artwork (nothing personal to that artwork of course-- we've just moved in quality, you know?)
doesn't look mutated
the mane doesn't look right... even for these
has the chomby's spot! (I don't mind that, but last time I was here people were making a big deal about pets having that :P)

Pros:
It's hard to believe there's anything nice about this pet, but I do like the colours they used for it.

I hate to tute my own horn, but I prob. could draw a better mutant uni than this. And I can't even draw evil or gross characters!
Jazzy
Devil's Advocate

Post by Jazzy »

Please check the dates before bumping posts; almost a month is too old to bump.