Mutant Uni

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
AngharadTy
Zombie Queen
Human Avatar: 89833

Post by AngharadTy »

It just occurred to me that it's possible I could get this from the lab, as I'm zapping a pet for Halloween. *headdesk* Brilliant, just... brilliant. I wonder if that account has any starter paint brushes, just in case.

Here's hoping they realize how incredibly moronic it is and pull it from the servers.
Image Image
Scythemantis

Post by Scythemantis »

Grey Cloud wrote:Why does it have tentacles for a mane? Why? Where under heaven does that make sense?

I could understand tentacles for legs, the Jetsam pulls that off well.
Actually, if you're going to get into the nitpicking of anatomy, the tentacles of an octopus or a squid are, in human terms, their lips. However, many other molluscs, such as sea-slugs, have clusters of tentacle-like appendages on their sides and backs.
Last edited by Scythemantis on 28 Feb 2006 01:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rivka

Post by Rivka »

Ugh.

I have no words.

Just ugh.
Wysteria

Post by Wysteria »

And now you've reminded me of a creature of greek mythology that used its tentacle-mane to paralyze its victims. Can't think of the name.

That probably would have made a decent mutant uni, at that.

Sigh.
Bless my whiskers. {Formerly Grey Cloud.}
chocolatefairy13

Post by chocolatefairy13 »

Uggh....it still hurts to look at it.... :shock:
Ierosbats

Post by Ierosbats »

....NO.
dunx5000

Post by dunx5000 »

-sighs- Well, another crappy colour. It's just... blegh. Ick. Even BD's don't have an excuse; a) Uni's aren't a desirable species and b) there's a green uni morphing potion for that
And now you've reminded me of a creature of greek mythology that used its tentacle-mane to paralyze its victims. Can't think of the name.
Medusa? She had like a head full of snakes, so..
Strawberry Limeade

Post by Strawberry Limeade »

dunx5000 wrote:
Medusa? She had like a head full of snakes, so..
Yep. :) Medusa is the most famous Gorgon.
gidget

Post by gidget »

I like the mane. I like the tail. Everything else is rubbish. Thick lined rubbish.
Moga

Post by Moga »

... They seem to have drawn this right over the original uni base, too. The wing in the sad pose looks like a normal wing, not a mutant-y one. Although, I could see a [ersonality in this, a mutant who wants to be scary but is this squishy thing, but other than that... *pretends it doesn't exist*
I spent months working on a half hour presentation. Why? Because it was fun. I'm not obsessed or anything.
FaeMcCloud

Post by FaeMcCloud »

Could they make the lines anymore thick? It's not the worst design, but it's drawn so poorly, I can't imagine ever owning one >>;;

Fae
Dragyn

Post by Dragyn »

Horribly done.... just horribly.

The wings..... aren't NEARLY as detailed and well done as the darigan. I appreciate the junk effort into making the wings bat-like, but dude... it's.. no. The crest of the wings is well done, but other just not done right. Never be able to fly.
ImageImage
And then look at the sad pose. They merely rounded off the wing and REMOVED the detail of the features and added an odd crease indicating a feather like thing on the tip.

The horn. Absolutely NO effort on the horn. they could have made it so much more. So much better. They could have done it like a double horn or something, but no. It looks like they FORGOT the horn entirely and then remembered as a last minute detail and stuck one on every picture. Most of them are misplaced, offcenter unintentionally, and just tossed on the misshapen head.
ImageImageImage

The head is very misshapen. It's like they crossed the Neandertal idea with the uni, which hurts me a bit on the inside. It's just... not right. And the head looks slightly misplaced, too. Like they did a new head and just copy and pasted it on top of the old uni head and color filled everything.

All in all, it looks like a color fill uni with a screwed up head and *slightly* cheaply done wings. They could have given it cloven hooves. They could have done the wings a LOT better. The horn needs to be redone. The ears are too small. For a "redraw" color this color is remarkably plan and un-redrawn. It's just.... no. Pathetic.

The only detail, though really poorly done, that I find slightly redeamable, are the tenticle hairs. They could have done so much better with the tenticle hairs. But it still has tenticle hairs. Which I like. But still, poorly done.

I just find the mutant uni a horrible horrible let down. I was actually WAITING on this pet, I had high HOPES for this pet.... And no. One of the biggest let downs in neopia... There was MYTHOLOGY to build this pet off of... There was no thought process INVOLVED, PERIOD. They could have just created a neopets form of a mythilogical creature! But no, they botched that up.

Yet another uni color gone to waste. The stripped should be a zebra, the speckled should be an appolussa or lippazaner breed, and the mutant should have been based on the Kelpie.
Kantark

Post by Kantark »

Uber-thick lines, half-arsed concept... it's totally pony :P How appropriate.
Neopets: sparkygoesforth, decommissioned, nightfall, LiveJournal:kantark, Last.FM:Kantark
Elfwoman99

Post by Elfwoman99 »

Somehow I'm not terribly bothered by it. Its just not worthy of the mutant color.

The first thing I thought, honestly, was "Oh, they redrew that pose, now it looks more 3D!" thinking of the oldy Tyrannian Uni.

But it does look like the lovechild of Tyrannian Uni and Mutant Korbat.
roger9614462

Post by roger9614462 »

I think this is at the same level of the Darigan Kacheek :? It's ugly, badly drawn and not even a complete redraw. Beh! 0/10