Halloween and Glowing Skeith

For discussion of new pet colours- speculation and discussion of colours in general should be placed in New Features or Misc.
Noble fauf

Halloween and Glowing Skeith

Post by Noble fauf »

Well, the two skeith colours are out now.
Image Image

The glowing skeith is...fine I suppose electric green is an appropriate skeith colour

Halloween is a rather patched up Frankenstein's monster. It looks more realilistic than the cuter kacheek Frankenstein's monster...Though he reminds me of Eliv thade
Mistress Morbid

Re: Halloween and Glowing Skeith

Post by Mistress Morbid »

Halloween's pretty decent I suppose. It fits the Skeith's personality, though I still really dislike that Neopets made them bipedal. It's not bad though, and probably the best we could hope to get post-customization.
Image Image
TCStarwind
Human Avatar: 99635

Post by TCStarwind »

Halloween works rather well with the skeith, but those shoes need to go. They made me notice a problem with the feet I hadn't seen before (being that they're almost in a side view with the rest of the skeith in 3/4 view). :( And glowing is the same color all the other glowing pets are, so meh.

(And I love Eliv Thade. They need to make an actual plushie of him, because I want one.)
Nogitsune
Colourmeister

Post by Nogitsune »

I'll get excited when and if they are ever put at the Rainbow Pool.
Faster than a speeding cheeseburger, but not by much.
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

First of all, the female outfit reminds me of Tracy from Hairspray.

Second, I don't like either of these.

Third, this may be the best item ever

IT WINS AT SKEITH DAY.

(The contender for BEST ITEM EVER was, ironically, a Skeith Sundae unreleased one or two Skeith days ago)

Yes, this post was only an excuse to post the Plushie Skeith Plushie.
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

Why does Halloween have to be vampires/zombies/frankenstein/devils/etc. I think I'd like the color better if the pets weren't turned into the actual monsters, but if they were drawn as if they were wearing costumes. As if they were dressing up for Halloween ya know? We'd get a lot more variation that way and it wouldn't be same ol, same ol.
Mistress Morbid

I actually thought that most Halloween pets were just wearing costumes. At least a good number of them are.

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Mistress Morbid on 25 Sep 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Neopets does seem to be going more towards halloween costumes rather than halloween monsters, though there are exceptions.
Wow, I don't think that a costume... Still nowadays thay can't compete with real monsters like
Though "were-lupe" is a bit redundant.
invaderhorizongreen

Post by invaderhorizongreen »

well glowing skeith is just glowing and the Halloween one is eh how it it stitched together at all where are the stitches all over it?

well remember the old Halloween pets that never came out kyrii was mortica, pehophin was the grim reaper, to see these check out this link http://neopets-archeology.tripod.com/deleted.html type it in in the search bar now those were HALLOWEEN pet ideas that never made it ! well some of them were never well drawn for the time but they were nice! look at what we have now ghosts,devils, vampires, yawn!
champagnesoup

Post by champagnesoup »

I MUCH prefer the Halloween pets that are characters rather than just dressed-up - possibly because I don't celebrate Halloween. Anyway the Skeith is OK...but a gargoyle would have been way nicer.

Glowing is Glowing.
Mistress Morbid

I also prefer the Halloween pets that are actually monsters, just because they lean more towards my own interests and likes. They could still use some more creativity when making them, but I think it's much cooler than just a pet in a costume. :)
Image Image
Gumdrops

Post by Gumdrops »

invaderhorizongreen wrote: well remember the old Halloween pets that never came out kyrii was mortica, pehophin was the grim reaper, to see these check out this link http://neopets-archeology.tripod.com/deleted.html type it in in the search bar now those were HALLOWEEN pet ideas that never made it ! well some of them were never well drawn for the time but they were nice! look at what we have now ghosts,devils, vampires, yawn!
That's my biggest problem with the Halloween color. They keep making the pets the same few things over and over. That's why the Poogle and Uni were such nice surprises.

Most of the time we get: Frankenstein, Ghost, Devil, Vampire, Skeleton, Witch, Were-animal. All I really want is more creativity. But, that could be said about any of the paint brush colors.
Madge

Post by Madge »

Wow, I didn't look at the skeith too closely and assumed it was zombie :P

Also, "were-lupe" means "man-lupe", so it's not redundant, really, since it is more man-like than your average lupe.
Noble fauf

Post by Noble fauf »

Also, "were-lupe" means "man-lupe", so it's not redundant, really, since it is more man-like than your average lupe.
*face-palm* you're right madge! I forgot about that! Still, the current were-lupe lupewolf isn't very man-ish.
zebru
Human Avatar: 156237

Post by zebru »

Hm - Halloween looks like robot meets zombie pb. It's... interesting. Shoes are awful though, and I'm not sure that shirt does much here.

But yay, I guessed both pet day colours in advance for the first time! :mrgreen:
Last edited by zebru on 26 Sep 2009 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Snazzy reborn meepit by NyauNyau neopets * subeta