brb, crying.

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Iggy

brb, crying.

Post by Iggy »

Crying with happiness, of course.

So, in 2005, on my 3rd FFQ, I got my dream pet, which was a Plushie Blumaroo. He had a crummy name, but I loved him a lot.

Well, when I was chain-frozen, I lost the pet and never got the heart to get another one back because, hey, it was my Blumaroo I wanted, and no other I'd recreate.

Enter customisation. So, the pet I loved was...well, ruined, for a lack of a better word. So, I gave up and just went mad about my gallery. lalala, shiny items.

I did get into pet trading, though. Overtime, I got a UC Plushie Hissi, which I traded for a UC Maraquan Krawk. But, I wasn't in love with the Krawk as much as I thought I would be.

In fact, sans the ridiculous fist, I wouldn't have any peeves getting any of these converted. Unlike the Plushie Blumaroo.

Well, a couple months ago, I went back into a pet addiction. While I only relied on trading before, I decided to go ahead and get what I want, when I want.

Sold my entire gallery for around 50 millions, which allowed me to get old dream pets of mine (Pirate Blumaroo, Pirate Eyrie, Royal Blumaroo and Royalboy Usul...) but I actually never had the heart of getting a converted Plushie Blumaroo.

And yesterday, someone said on the Neoboards they would be trading their UC Plushie Blumaroo for a UC Royalgirl Kyrii. While I didn't have one, I still had that UC Mara Krawk hanging around!

So, I bit the bullet and traded for Jeuwalz

Honestly, so very happy. So very happy! And now, I will go and find proper matching minion for the guy. :)
mellaka
Human Avatar: 48736

Re: brb, crying.

Post by mellaka »

Congrats, he's adorable.

The title had me expecting something sad but I'm glad it wasn't.
Fjorab_Teke
Human Avatar: 271433

Post by Fjorab_Teke »

Same here. Congrats on a fabulous achievement!
Larkspurlane

Post by Larkspurlane »

Awesome story!

I noticed that you'd cleared your gallery a while back and was like "wut y :(" but it turns out it was for a good cause! Omg that is so cool :D :D can't wait to see what you do with Jeuwalz. Finding petpet matches for UCs is a really pleasant sort of dilemma.
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Ailiel

Post by Ailiel »

Wow, what an awesome story. I love it when trading just works out so wonderfully, to get someone a pet that otherwise they would have had no chance to have. In this case, to have again!

Uc plushie blumaroos are so nice, too. Congratulations!
Iggy

Post by Iggy »

Thanks guys!

After two weeks of looking, I did find a proper petpet!

It matches down to the pawpads! So gleefully happy!