EDIT: Poetry Achievement!

Post the good things and the bad things that have happened to you on Neopets here.
Rainbow Daydreamer

EDIT: Poetry Achievement!

Post by Rainbow Daydreamer »

So I'm browsing the Poetry Gallery this evening when I suddenly find... my own name is in there.

I'm published! And several months sooner than I expected. This is a really awesome thing. (And to think I only started entering after people complimented me on my song parodies here.) And TNT sent me a Spotted Paint Brush as a prize, which I really had not been expecting! I had thought it would be a codestone or something.

There's just one little problem. Well, relatively little, but to me it's a BIG problem.

You see, I don't know why, but they missed off half a line in the first stanza.

Now this wouldn't be a problem if it had been the freeform Acara poem I've still got saved on my computer. Unfortunately, it's NOT. The line they cut is in "Lament of the Yurble"... admittedly casual, but a villanelle. You can't compromise the rhymescheme in one of those!!

I wonder how many people will notice... ;_;

They fixed it! So quickly, too. ^_^ Unmitigated happiness for the win!
Last edited by Rainbow Daydreamer on 29 May 2010 02:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit Semiveteran Logic, disliked by eight out of ten Meepits.
Larkspurlane

Re: Poetry Achievawoe

Post by Larkspurlane »

Super huge grats and yays for your win! :D

Re: the woe part, probably about 2% of the neo population will even know what a villanelle is... so I wouldn't worry about the truncated line. (Hell, I did my Masters degree in English Freaking Literature and I could NOT tell you off the top of my head what the accepted rhyme/length/meter is for a villanelle, much less notice a missing segment in a poem on neopets.)

Great job on the poem, btw -- that form is very restrictive but I think you worked with it extremely well!
Thank you for the av and sig set!
Larkspurlane @ neo
Usul_Princess

Re: Poetry Achievawoe

Post by Usul_Princess »

*has no idea what you two are talking about*

Me feel dum wen peeople say big wurds...or use of proper terminology outside the classroom.

I was only a B+ student in writing/poetry college classes anyway.
ImageImage

Thank you TCStarwind for the lovely signature! ^_^

FC bets: http://www.neopets.com/~DazedBoy